ADVERTISEMENT

Lockport/LWE

Has Lockport seized control of the SouthWest Suburban Blue?

• Lockport

• LWE

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cross Bones

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2001
In another thread the topic came up of whether this is the year Lockport takes down LWE. It seems to me that Lockport may be the class of the SWSC. They've outscored their competition 154-7, that is correct their average score is about 39-2. Do we think that the Griffins reign on top of the conference is over?

Czart definitely has them headed in the right direction. Especially with a big win over HF. However, big games against LWE and the Brook loom. Would like to see them start scheduling tougher non-cons now that they are trending up

Even that this question is being asked after I was viciously attacked this summer for suggesting this may be the case this year in a too early top 10 thread is nice. I’ll try not to strain my shoulder patting myself on the back.

But to answer your question, I don’t know. It will be a great game.

They were the best team that East played last year and my son told me after the game that “they are going to be a problem next year”. Haven’t seen them play yet this year but sounds like they are indeed gonna be a problem. Should be a great game.

They were the best team that East played last year and my son told me after the game that “they are going to be a problem next year”. Haven’t seen them play yet this year but sounds like they are indeed gonna be a problem. Should be a great game.
Your son told you they would be a problem meaning this year? Next year East will be a huge problem for all teams with what they will have coming back. East is very young team playing a ton of Juniors and Sophomores. I still believe they will give teams everything they can handle this year. Next year East will be a beast again and I will put money on them beating LP next year. This year it’s a toss up.

When Lockport plays East, unlike Friday night vs HF, chance are high the Porters will NOT:
  • enjoy extremely short fields for their offense on multiple possessions during the first 3 quarters
  • benefit from free yardage due to numerous pre and post-snap penalties
  • have their defensive front feast on a totally overmatched opposition offensive line.
Hats off to Lockport for a nice road win over HF. However, they did not play the game Naperville Central did to take down the Griffins in Week 2. Maybe they will by Week 8?

Reactions: Cross Bones
Your son told you they would be a problem meaning this year? Next year East will be a huge problem for all teams with what they will have coming back. East is very young team playing a ton of Juniors and Sophomores. I still believe they will give teams everything they can handle this year. Next year East will be a beast again and I will put money on them beating LP next year. This year it’s a toss up.
I mean sure LP plays no Underclassmen and no one will get better…silly projection…..you are better than that.

I mean sure LP plays no Underclassmen and no one will get better…silly projection…..you are better than that.
Hahaha
Yeah but just had to hear you say it. LP is much improved but even a young Griffin is very dangerous. I am sure coach Z will have them ready. East has a lot of talent and they play very disciplined football. East will fight to the very end. Any team and I mean any team they play will walk away knowing they were in a backyard dog fight this year with the young guns.
Go East!!

Last edited:
Hahaha
Yeah but just had to hear you say it. LP is much improved but even a young Griffin is very dangerous. I am sure coach Z will have them ready. East has a lot of talent and they play very disciplined football. East will fight to the very end. Any team and I mean any team they play will walk away knowing they were in a backyard dog fight this year with the young guns.
Go East!!
LWE is always dangerous, no fricken doubt about it, but they also are not invincible. A Lockport program with its stuff together is a problem. It looks like Coach has it together and now they will lose by 24+. lol

When Lockport plays East, unlike Friday night vs HF, chance are high the Porters will NOT:
  • enjoy extremely short fields for their offense on multiple possessions during the first 3 quarters
  • benefit from free yardage due to numerous pre and post-snap penalties
  • have their defensive front feast on a totally overmatched opposition offensive line.
Hats off to Lockport for a nice road win over HF. However, they did not play the game Naperville Central did to take down the Griffins in Week 2. Maybe they will by Week 8?
That LP D is looking mighty tough. The LWE offense isn't putting up points. This is shaping up to be one of those old school SWSB games. A 13-10 affair.

I read that this is the 1st time since 2004 that LP has started 4-0. The worrisome thing for me is that there doesnt seem to be any super star type player, just a bunch of the type of kids that they have an abundance of every year. This could be paradigm shifting.

That LP D is looking mighty tough. The LWE offense isn't putting up points. This is shaping up to be one of those old school SWSB games. A 13-10 affair.

I read that this is the 1st time since 2004 that LP has started 4-0. The worrisome thing for me is that there doesnt seem to be any super star type player, just a bunch of the type of kids that they have an abundance of every year. This could be paradigm shifting.
Paradigm... a model, example, pattern, or prototype. Where's MWittman when you need him?

Saw LWE vs. NC game. Was not impressed with LWE offense but defense was strong. Of course NC might have had something to do with that.
I don’t take anything away from Central but I also believe if they played at East the game would of been won by East. No one wants to talk about a 3 point win but let’s face it playing at home in front of your home crowd has to be worth at the very least 3 points. I home they meet again this season. I will take East and be comfortable doing so even with our youngsters. 👍

The first thing I thought about when I saw LP had shut out H-F was...it's the first time they started a season with four consecutive wins since 2004. Then, my next thought was remembering how that 2004 season ended up in disaster. After going 9-0 and being ranked number one all season, LP lost their first playoff game at home to LWE.

After that single loss and elimination, LP became a very average team, and eventually became a very bad team for years as they wandered into the abyss of mediocrity and embarrassment. A few coaching changes here and there and now, finally, they have a solid team. Maybe the most solid since that 2004 team.

But, time will tell. No sense in looking ahead to LWE although the game will be played at Lockport. There is a lot of work to do before even thinking about that game. That is a game I'll go to. Can't make the BB game. I'd like to see that one too.

Hopes are starting to rise and I am cautiously optimistic.

The first thing I thought about when I saw LP had shut out H-F was...it's the first time they started a season with four consecutive wins since 2004. Then, my next thought was remembering how that 2004 season ended up in disaster. After going 9-0 and being ranked number one all season, LP lost their first playoff game at home to LWE.

After that single loss and elimination, LP became a very average team, and eventually became a very bad team for years as they wandered into the abyss of mediocrity and embarrassment. A few coaching changes here and there and now, finally, they have a solid team. Maybe the most solid since that 2004 team.

But, time will tell. No sense in looking ahead to LWE although the game will be played at Lockport. There is a lot of work to do before even thinking about that game. That is a game I'll go to. Can't make the BB game. I'd like to see that one too.

Hopes are starting to rise and I am cautiously optimistic.
It should be a great game!

Yes, he meant LWE would have their hands full with LP this year. They were very strong in the trenches last year (spring) and I want to say they may have been leading at half. Trust me I bleed blue and am aware of all the young talent at East. Future is very bright for both teams and it’ll be a doozie on 10/15.

Yes, he meant LWE would have their hands full with LP this year. They were very strong in the trenches last year (spring) and I want to say they may have been leading at half. Trust me I bleed blue and am aware of all the young talent at East. Future is very bright for both teams and it’ll be a doozie on 10/15.
Agree 100%

Looks like my plan worked, but just a week late.

Lockport needs to focus on LWE. They have their first SWSB championship within their grasp if they just don't overlook the young Griffins. And the Griffins will be chomping at the bit to prove something when they lock horns with the Porters.

View stream of Lockport @ HF from this past Friday night using link below?

Thank you for sharing the video. It has changed my perception of Lockport, whom I had not seen play this year. I had been thinking, based on scores, that they were one of the best teams in the state. Now I'm not so sure. Although their defense appeared to be outstanding, they did not show much offensive fire power. There best play in the first half was tricking Homewood-Flossmoor into repeated offside penalties. In the second half they benefited from a questionable personal foul penalty against the Vikings. If a flag was to be thrown on that play, then it should have been offsetting penalties as the Lockport player clearly initiated the pushing. Lockport is solid, but I question if they can get past the quarterfinals in the playoffs. We shall see.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT