ADVERTISEMENT

Local Kids succeeding at the next level

I saw Ben Nieman (Sycamore) play for Iowa and Dan Feeney (Sandburg) play for Indiana today.

I wish Simmie had caught a couple more of the balls thrown his way on Saturday.

I saw Ben Nieman (Sycamore) play for Iowa and Dan Feeney (Sandburg) play for Indiana today.
They were mentioning Feeney as Indiana's best OL, and I agree. He's making my All-B1G Team if he continues to play at the level he is.

Lets See: Crete Monee

Laquon Treadwell- Ole Miss
Nyles Morgan- Notre Dame
Jaylen Dunlap- U of I
Chris Slayton- Syracuse
Matt Finnin- Nebraska
Lance Lenoir -Western Ill
Anthony Standifer- EIU
Tre Smith- EIU
Jonathan Draper EIU
Deon Smith -Lincoln University
Tracey Whitehead -SJU
Josh Mckaskill -SJU

With Several D1 underclassmen to go!
Crete will be the first stop for recruiters believe me !
Which SJU? Spell it out and list the state.

Jake Kolbe (Naperville Central) started his first game for Illinois State this past weekend vs. Northern Iowa. Kolbe was 11 for 16 for 80 yards I pick

Sandwich LB Seth McDonald has been a force for EIU
I think Coal City has an OL at Illinois.
Joe Jones from Plano was Special Teams Player of the Week for Northwestern 2 weeks ago.
I think Plano has Brown at Illinois St. and Elias at Eastern Illinois as well.

Benet has a few kids playing and contributing at the next level:

Dayton: Jack Crain (Pioneer Football League defensive player of the week after win against San Diego), Jack Euritt, Nick Surges, Ryan Parks, Joe Weidenbach

Dartmouth: Porter Ontko

Johns Hopkins: Jack Toner, Pat Runger, Tommy Burke

Austin Olsen LWN redshirt sophomore named Missouri Valley Football Conference offensive lineman of the week.

Prairie Ridge's Collin Corcoran, the man who wrecked Nazareth's offense back in 2011, is 6-4 240-pounds of serious business for Winona State. Already a two time All-Conference honoree, he leads the Warriors in tackles with 59, 8.0 for loss, 1.5 sacks and 2 forced fumbles. Hasn't lost his touch...

Second in tackles is Addison Trail's Mike Imperiale, with 39, 5.0 TFL, 1.0 sack, and 1 INT.

#67 Jaleel Johnson (Montini) and the rest of the Hawkeye defense lead Iowa to a 9-0 record with the win over Maryland.

Prairie Ridge's Collin Corcoran, the man who wrecked Nazareth's offense back in 2011, is 6-4 240-pounds of serious business for Winona State. Already a two time All-Conference honoree, he leads the Warriors in tackles with 59, 8.0 for loss, 1.5 sacks and 2 forced fumbles. Hasn't lost his touch...

Second in tackles is Addison Trail's Mike Imperiale, with 39, 5.0 TFL, 1.0 sack, and 1 INT.

Epic, nice article on October 30th on Corcoran in McHenry County Sports if you're interested.

I just don't get it! All of the great running backs that come out of JCA. None of them ever pan out in College! What's up with that?

If you watched Sunday Night Broncos Green Bay Game, in addition to Brian Bulaga, MCC, you saw Michael Schofield from Carl Sandburg and Michigan playing RT for the Broncos

PS; Michael's brother Andrew was a 3 year starter at South Dakota State and their father was a valuable contributor to the Edgy Forum

Last edited:
I just don't get it! All of the great running backs that come out of JCA. None of them ever pan out in College! What's up with that?
Ferguson has had a pretty good run at U of I, can't stay healthy but when hes played hes been pretty good.

Very true. But like you said, he can't stay healthy. Does the back that went to NU get any playing time?

That is just not true. Josh Ferguson is having a nice career at Illinois. Both Borgra and Ivlow are doing quite well at St X. Malin Jones has struggled, and the verdict is still out on Ty. To say none of them ever pan out is simply false.

Ferguson has had a pretty good run at U of I, can't stay healthy but when hes played hes been pretty good.
Before the last few games, Ferguson has not had injury problems. He played in 33 games for the Illini over the past 3 seasons prior to this year. If you look at his overall numbers, they are pretty impressive. I think his lack of size hurts him and he gets banged up. But overall, he has been pretty healthy in his illini career.

USD,
Is this Isaac's third year of eligibility or did the year he sat out not count?

That's what I thought, too bad, doesn't seem to leave him with many options if there are really problems at Michigan.

1 year USC
1 Year transfer/medical hardship denied
1 year Michigan
It is my understanding that if he stays at Michigan, he still has 2 years of eligibility left after this year. This is his second year of playing. He doesn't lose a year when he transferred. The denial of the medical hardship just meant he could not play immediately at Michigan.

It is my understanding that if he stays at Michigan, he still has 2 years of eligibility left after this year. This is his second year of playing. He doesn't lose a year when he transferred. The denial of the medical hardship just meant he could not play immediately at Michigan.
Hope you are right, USD.
He is a great talent, hate to see him miss the chance to play.

I think last year was the same as a red-shirt.
On the roster he is listed as a junior. So, yes, senior and 5th year remain after this season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT