ADVERTISEMENT

Local Kids succeeding at the next level

I just said he jones would jump him on this weeks depth chart. I said earlier in year he wasn't ahead of him. This clearly isn't what depth chart looked like all year if Smythe isn't even on there. All I am saying is Weishar could shine this year. This wasn't meant to be an argument. And I watch the games to my die hard ND fan. Weishar played in both games so far. and actually Luatua started with Smyth not Jones.
You're gonna dig in here aren't you? Where did I say Jones started? That like a depth chart is another meaningless entity. Jones was on the field in the first Q against Texas, and targeted. Weishar was not (ST's don't count in this discussion) this is despite Jones having just arrived, not really knowing the offense and not being ready to block in college. If you can't read between the lines then I feel bad for you. Jones was not the starter because Smythe was ahead of everyone and Jones isn't ready to play traditional attached TE as a blocker but make no mistake a kid that just arrived with all that fanfare that Kelly made an effort to get the ball in the first q of game 1 is their future at the position.

You don't want to argue but then you dig deeper and keep going. I have the games DVR'd and would be happy to show you proof of my stance. You have a depth chart that means nothing and isn't even reflective of what you claim anymore.

Reactions: illini14
Montini (not sure the status of most of these guys and I ain't looking it up)

Westerkamp @ Nebraska
J. Adams @ Iowa
N. Sykes @ IU
Thornton @IU
A. Harte @ Minnesota
M. Maduko @ Ohio St
M. Johnson @ Yale
Weissenhofer @ Northwestern
Norgle @ Wake Forest
Tumpane @ Dayton
Borsellino @ WIU
G. Branch @EIU
Lowery @EIU
Thompson at OSU

Steve Richardson started 12 of 13 games last year for the Golden Gopher as a true freshman

You're gonna dig in here aren't you? Where did I say Jones started? That like a depth chart is another meaningless entity. Jones was on the field in the first Q against Texas, and targeted. Weishar was not (ST's don't count in this discussion) this is despite Jones having just arrived, not really knowing the offense and not being ready to block in college. If you can't read between the lines then I feel bad for you. Jones was not the starter because Smythe was ahead of everyone and Jones isn't ready to play traditional attached TE as a blocker but make no mistake a kid that just arrived with all that fanfare that Kelly made an effort to get the ball in the first q of game 1 is their future at the position.

You don't want to argue but then you dig deeper and keep going. I have the games DVR'd and would be happy to show you proof of my stance. You have a depth chart that means nothing and isn't even reflective of what you claim anymore.
YOUR RIGHT. IM WRONG. When I made my post the only thing I was trying to say about weishar was that with the injury he could get a shot. I hope he succeeds just like I hope all of the people named above that were stars here in Illinois succeed. Its fun seeing kids we watched on Fridays, now playing roles for there teams on Saturdays.

YOUR RIGHT. IM WRONG. When I made my post the only thing I was trying to say about weishar was that with the injury he could get a shot. I hope he succeeds just like I hope all of the people named above that were stars here in Illinois succeed. Its fun seeing kids we watched on Fridays, now playing roles for there teams on Saturdays.
Fair enough, my apologies for pushing the issue.

For Montini

Westerkamp @ Nebraska
J. Adams @ Iowa
N. Sykes @ IU
Thornton @IU
A. Harte @ Minnesota
M. Maduko @ Ohio St
M. Johnson @ Yale
Weissenhofer @ Northwestern
Norgle @ Wake Forest
Tumpane @ Dayton
Borsellino @ WIU
G. Branch @EIU
Lowery @EIU

=====

I think you meant Jaleel Johnson now starting at Iowa. In addition from Montini....

Dylan Thompson @ Ohio State (someone here said he injured his knee cap again. Not sure about that because I thought I saw him dressed for the first game Ohio State had this year??)
Simmie Cobbs @ Indiana University (Like Westerkamp, he wears jersey #1 at IU, he attended school at Montini and plays wide receiver. @simmie104.)
Frank Brucianelli @ Cincinnati (bet his favorite restaurant is BBQ ribs at the Montgomery Inn right on the river)
Josh Belt @ Dayton
Anthony Taylor @ EIU
Demitri Taylor @ Indiana State
Terrell Johnson @ Northern Michigan
Stephen Dennis @ Western Michigan (Alison Rosati from NBC5 News favorite player)
Isaac Lane @ Valparaiso (attended Montini and is a defensive back)

From the past, really like watching those old highlights on youtube from....

Tim Fugger @ Vanderbilt
Nick Campanella @ Georgetown
Garrett Goebel @ Ohio State (was a monster and a captain at Ohio State)

I sure I still missed some others.

====

In conjunction with the 50th Anniversary Celebration and Homecoming 2015, Montini Catholic High School will be celebrating "50 Years of Montini Football" on Friday, September 18th at John L. Duffy Memorial Stadium.

All former Bronco Football Players are invited back to participate in a pre-game ceremony before the Broncos host De La Salle in a Chicago Catholic League Green showdown.

The "50 Years of Montini Football" celebration will recognize former players and coaches, and relive some of the exciting moments in Bronco Football history. After the ceremony, all alums will be permitted to watch the game from the Alumni Tent, located in the west end-zone. Following the game, all former players and their families are invited to attend the post-game social in the Montini Cafeteria which will feature food, drinks, a special Football highlight film, and a chance to interact and reconnect with former teammates and coaches.

====

Watch the Broncos on @WGNMorningNews tomorrow morning (September 18) from 7:45-10AM!

Wassup

Last edited:
Aurora Christian has 4 kids at NIU right now - 3 of them are starting...
#28 Joel Bouagnon is the starting Tail Back
#24 Brandon Mayes is a starting Corner Back
#82 Chad Beebe is starting Slot Receiver and Punt Return
#1 Anthony Maddie is the back-up QB

Not bad for a school with only 280 kids in it.

I really enjoyed watching all these guys play under Don Beebe at Aurora Christian. They could have beat some great 7A and 8A teams.

I saw Montini play both 3A Aurora Christian (at home) and 8A Palatine (away) the same year. I would say AC was a better team than Palatine that year. AC had Montini beat with the ball 1st in 10 with 30 seconds left in the game in the 4th quarter and the lead. It took two miraculous plays for Montini to win that game.

I saw Montini play both 3A Aurora Christian (at home) and 8A Palatine (away) the same year. I would say AC was a better team than Palatine that year. AC had Montini beat with the ball 1st in 10 with 30 seconds left in the game in the 4th quarter and the lead. It took two miraculous plays for Montini to win that game.

That was also the Palatine team that had atleast 3 very good players out for discipline reasons if I remember correctly. Take 3 players off that Aurora Christian team and how does that Montini game go?

I think we had this debate before. Montini had 3 good players out too. Taylor was injured in the first 3 plays of the game and left for the rest of the game, Tucker Mucha then played RB in place of Taylor. Borsellino got injured (which they were thinking was a torn acl) and left the game and I believe they had another player out against Palatine. Bobbit (#31?) at a last minute decision did end up playing in that game for Palatine.

Against AC I don't think Beebe played. So I would consider it all a wash.

Last edited:
Matt Behrent QB Nazareth - 3 DIII National Championships at UW-Whitewater.

Reactions: epicbret
I think we had this debate before. Montini had 3 good players out too. Taylor was injured in the first 3 plays of the game and left for the rest of the game, Tucker Mucha then played RB in place of Taylor. Borsellino got injured (which they were thinking was a torn acl) and left the game and I believe they had another player out against Palatine. Bobbit (#31?) at a last minute decision did end up playing in that game for Palatine.

Against AC I don't think Beebe played. So I would consider it all a wash.
Palatine had 3 out for disciplinary, then 3 others got injured during the game. Taylor, Bobbit (all-state safety), and Kuksa (all-state safety) were all injured on the same play. Borsellino was not injured until later in that game.

Palatine had 3 out for disciplinary, then 3 others got injured during the game. Taylor, Bobbit (all-state safety), and Kuksa (all-state safety) were all injured on the same play. Borsellino was not injured until later in that game.

On a tangential note, Bobbit and TJ Lally are the star players as South Dakota State, leading the Jackrabbits to a 2-0 start, including an upset (but is it really...) of Kansas.

Bobbit leads the team with 16 stops, while Lally is second with 15. Last season they led the team in stops.

Your right I remember 3 Palatine players dressed in khakis and not playing. Did not remember Bobbit not playing most of the game but I believe you. Like I said Taylor at RB was one of Montini's best players and was out of the game early, DB Josh Belt was not allowed to play that game per IHSA restrictions and Borsellino was out later in the game. So like I was saying it was a wash on both sides with players out in that game.

I was just saying I could see Aurora Christian (who Montni played at full strength and barely getting a win with AC's Beebe out) being able to compete with a 8A powerhouse like Palatine at that time. It was one of the best AC teams I ever saw.

Wassup

Last edited:
Your right I remember 3 Palatine players dressed in khakis and not playing. Did not remember Bobbit not playing most of the game but I believe you. Like I said Taylor at RB was one of Montini's best players and was out of the game early, DB Josh Belt was not allowed to play that game per IHSA restrictions and Borsellino was out later in the game. So like I was saying it was a wash on both sides with players out in that game.

I was just saying I could see Aurora Christian (who Montni played at full strength and barely getting a win with AC's Beebe out) being able to compete with a 8A powerhouse like Palatine at that time. It was one of the best AC teams I ever saw.

Wassup
Oh that game...Yeah, Serio and Bobbit out and Kuska breaks his ankle on the first series..the team's three biggest impact players outside of Ethan Olles... and Palatine still should have won that game. Had a 34-29 lead and first and goal on Montini's 3 yard line. Had to settle for a field goal for 37-29...Montini scores really late and gets the 2-pt conversion to send it into OT, and then Olles throws a pic on Palatine's offensive series..UGH! Had a similar "ugh" game to start this season..Lost 26-24 to Stevenson. Our 3 year varsity kicker who's usually automatic inside 35 yards shanks a 32-yarder, and another 3 year varsity starter at WR drops a sure TD pass..two woulda, coulda, shoulda games...

Kenny Golladay, Rita to NDakota to NIU is going to tear up 2015.

James Butler of Bartlett/Francis is a often used number two at Nevada and should do well.

Brian Hill of Peoria (I think) is Wyoming's star

Brian Hill went to Belleville West (FYI)

LaMontiez Ivy QB for Jackson State has thrown for 300 plus yard in the first two games. (ESL)
Dan Williams WR for Jackson State has caught for just under 200 in the first two games (ESL)

Terry Beckner will be starting before the end of the year. Making a huge impact.

If I missed it I apologize but, did someone mention Morrison (Bolingbrook) at Florida?

Reactions: biglatte
James O'Shaughnessy TE (Naperville North and Illinois State University) had 2 catches for 54 yards for the Kansas City Chiefs last night.

Reactions: Wild_Mustang
Jamarco Jones(true sophomore)out of De La Salle is slotted to be the LT of the future. He is behind a 5th year senior that unexpectedly stayed.

Mikale Wilbon (redshirt freshman) out of De La Salle has also been getting a lot of carries for the Nebraska Huskers

Aaron Roberts (redshirt freshman) out of De La Salle is currently the second string RG

From Montini, all of the Borsellino brothers played in college... John Borsellino was a two time college All American and also got professional looks from the Bears and Titans... I'm very happy that many Bronco Alums are deciding to play college ball, it's fun to keep up on former Broncos!

No they couldn't have.

Even #1 ranked in the nation Ohio State is having trouble beating all those Aurora Christian guys starting on Northern Illinois!

It's 10-10 late in the second quarter.

Wassup

Reactions: eireog
#1 Simmie Cobbs (attended Montini) named Offensive Player of the Game vs. Michigan State.

Last edited:
So I lied.

GW has had one or two D1 guys each year. Hetlett's 9th year this year and I listed 7 guys.

If I was a HC guy I bet I could list more guys over the same period. Yet somehow GW has won (tied once) SEVEN straight conference titles. Considering WSS has three top 10 AP 8A teams right now along with 7A West, I would say the dude matches up with any coach for elevating good athletes into having great seasons, but that argument is for a different thread.

you realize, very very few programs produce even 1 d1 player. when i say very few, i mean very very very very few.

GW has more talent than 99 of the teams in the state.

wassup JCA had isaac over one hunnit and ferguson over one hunit today. great day for Illinois kids.

epic...when is Malin Jones going to play for Louis?

Horrible transfer by him. Go to a running school, and not one that has depth.

I wrote about it earlier this year, but how bout the carrier Fergie is putting together while Malin and Ty are busy traveling... He's a stud, and is the most underused player in the nation.

Fahn Cooper, #74 starting Left Tackle on Ole Miss is from Crystal Lake South. Big game against Bama tonight. Sean Folliard, LB at NIU who had a pick today against OSU, is a Prairie Ridge grad.

Treadwell at Ole Miss from Crete Monee....not sure if anyone mentioned him but he might be the top WR in NCAA and a 1st round pick. Herbstreit compared him to Dez Bryant.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT