ADVERTISEMENT

Lets play week one match maker

mc140

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
The following teams are open. Probably more not posting yet.

Glenbard North
Crete
Andrew
Prospect
Dekalb
Antioch
St. Francis
Lake Forest
Joliet Central
DeLaSalle
Grayslake North
Plainfield East
Thornwood
Kankakee
Lake Park
Yorkville

I THINK Naz is open. Last I heard that PepsiCo showdown was slated for 2021. If that’s true I’m pretty sure Naz is available.

Oswego already locked in Neuqua, it may not have ended up well for Oswego, but I welcomed that game, hell I welcomed any non-conference game against a quality opponent.

Glenbard North
Crete
Andrew
Prospect
Dekalb
Antioch
St. Francis
Lake Forest
Joliet Central
DeLaSalle
Grayslake North
Plainfield East
Thornwood
Kankakee
Lake Park
Yorkville

Lake Forest vs. Lake Park for the battle of the lakes. Play the game in Forest Park or Park Forest.
DeKalb vs Thornwood for the battle of the barbs and thorns. Don't get pricked.
Glenbard North vs. Grayslake North for the battle of the norths. Winter is coming.
DeLaSalle vs. Andrew for the battle of the meteors and t-bolts. Light up the sky.
Kankakee vs. Yorkville for the battle of the...K-Y. Insert lubricant pun here.

Lake Forest vs. Lake Park for the battle of the lakes. Play the game in Forest Park or Park Forest.
DeKalb vs Thornwood for the battle of the barbs and thorns. Don't get pricked.
Glenbard North vs. Grayslake North for the battle of the norths. Winter is coming.
DeLaSalle vs. Andrew for the battle of the meteors and t-bolts. Light up the sky.
Kankakee vs. Yorkville for the battle of the...K-Y. Insert lubricant pun here.

Oh you - stop this is too good.

Some logic could exist for a Crete-Monee/Andrew match-up since the Head Coach of the latter came from the former. However, not such a great match-up for the T-bolts. Furthermore, Andrew's SWSC Red has 3 mandatory cross-overs with 3 of the far larger enrollment Blue Division schools along with 3 historically close games with other Red teams. Unless really loaded, taking on a non-con as a sure underdog would not be so wise?

Rich East's closing will cause lot of interesting new matchups for Southland schools...I'm sure Kankakee would love for McNamara to drop Bloom and play the crosstown battle...I'm not sure Mac, however, would want to open with the Kays and Coalers...assuming they have a 2 year contract with CC.

Glenbard North
Crete
Andrew
Prospect
Dekalb
Antioch
St. Francis
Lake Forest
Joliet Central
DeLaSalle
Grayslake North
Plainfield East
Thornwood
Kankakee
Lake Park
Yorkville
These
I THINK Naz is open. Last I heard that PepsiCo showdown was slated for 2021. If that’s true I’m pretty sure Naz is available.
Well i know of plenty of No's Naz has received.

Batavia has an opening week 1 or 2, needs to be home. We have Montini on the road for one of those weeks, but need to fill the other. We’ve tried all on that list.
Call Nazareth. Not kidding. It’s a nice rivalry, Batavia has played them very close.

Call Nazareth. Not kidding. It’s a nice rivalry, Batavia has played them very close.
Batavia, I was thinking you could invite a certain PA team out for week one. Do some laser timing Friday, then a Saturday game. Maybe they'd even bring some Penn State coaches with them... I'd love to hear what the water tower has to say about that

Reactions: Irish LB
Batavia has an opening week 1 or 2, needs to be home. We have Montini on the road for one of those weeks, but need to fill the other. We’ve tried all on that list.

Per the Batavia AND Montini sites the game is at Montini week 1. Per the Batavia site you are home week 2 against Naperville North. Naperville North doesn’t have any 2020 scheduling up yet. Per the Nazareth site week 1 looks like the only open week.

@35Blackhawk42Spartan Hahahaha,

We discussed a game this year briefly but the team here has a problem with OOS matchups when it comes time for playoff seeding(it counts against you) and the coaches will not do it. So happy to see you prove your ignorance with the Penn State comments...its all good. And finally, that water tower sure is funny; at least when he’s winning, that is!

Batavia, I was thinking you could invite a certain PA team out for week one. Do some laser timing Friday, then a Saturday game. Maybe they'd even bring some Penn State coaches with them... I'd love to hear what the water tower has to say about that

Anyone know who Minooka is playing week 1?
Good question. Haven’t heard. It really needs to be a tough opponent to make up for their weak conference slate. I assume they will have aspirations to make deep runs in the playoffs from here on out. As such, they will have to stiffen that schedule. Very good news the SPC has a nonconference game this year. Oswego and Minooka just need to make the most of it and schedule well to set them up for success in 8a.

Good question. Haven’t heard. It really needs to be a tough opponent to make up for their weak conference slate. I assume they will have aspirations to make deep runs in the playoffs from here on out. As such, they will have to stiffen that schedule. Very good news the SPC has a nonconference game this year. Oswego and Minooka just need to make the most of it and schedule well to set them up for success in 8a.
I know we called Minooka.

Minooka was in the Quarterfinals two years ago, as well as, Oswego and that same year Plainfield North was in the 7A championship (I know it was tainted). This isn't Minooka's first rodeo with success. That being said, I don't see them being nearly the team next year, they are this year. Oswego and Oswego East will likely be the teams to beat. Oswego has Neuqua Valley week 1 and Oswego East- Waubonsee Valley, that will certainly be an upgrade from Romeoville or Joliet Central.

I heard HF is to play Canton (OH) McKinley HS in the very near future. Anyone know if that is as soon as next season and whether it is in Week 1 or 2? Thanks.

Gotcha. I mean that stuff happens when careers end.

They didn’t know what they didn’t know last year. They came in assuming they were better last year and some didn’t handle it well when reality hit them. This is one of their social media posts from before the game last year:

“Look at the Nazareth vs Marist game. Naz couldn’t stop the run and Batavia averages 261 yards per game. There’s your weakness”

They were more mentally prepared for it this season. They knew they were the underdog this year and they needed to pull an upset to win.

Last edited:
Reactions: Googertys Dog
I think they are playing IC week 2. Minooka week one is a no go. I heard the Indians were not interested.
That's too bad. That game would generate a lot of local interest. I'd like to see JCA play a local public school. Been saying that for years, but there doesn't seem to be much interest on the public end. JT West is supposed to be a program on the rise. Would love to see that game too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT