ADVERTISEMENT

Lets play week one match maker

That's too bad. That game would generate a lot of local interest. I'd like to see JCA play a local public school. Been saying that for years, but there doesn't seem to be much interest on the public end. JT West is supposed to be a program on the rise. Would love to see that game too.

West had no interest in playing next year as well. .

Reactions: pjjp
That's too bad. That game would generate a lot of local interest. I'd like to see JCA play a local public school. Been saying that for years, but there doesn't seem to be much interest on the public end. JT West is supposed to be a program on the rise. Would love to see that game too.

Maybe someone should tell the owners of the minooka student twitter that their team didn’t want to step up against JCA. I like minooka but after all the smack talk JCA needs to shut them up.

Reactions: Gene K.
to be the best you have to beat the best. Are you saying that Naz and ESL aren’t the best?
I don’t think Naz is the best team in the state this year. Best team currently and best team for the year are two different things. They may be the best team currently but I don’t even believe that to be true.

and naz has players from all over the area. Sounds pretty even. Would be great to see.
Even? Nah not really. LWE was a big school powerhouse before Naz was even relevant. Then they closed a whole damn school in that district twice Naz’s size. You can say 30 miles etc and you’re not wrong but it’s still a numbers game. Naz is climbing up the rankings but they still don’t really belong amongst the big school powerhouses. In a vacuum it’s fine but week in and week out that’s a tough ask. With the exception of 1 kid on their starting defense 10 defensive starters either start on O or have a big role, eventually that will catch up to you. Attrition at Naz and at LWE are two very different things. Just my .02.

Reactions: Gene K.
You didn't have a problem scheduling other schools four times their size.
I’d have no problem playing LWE. I don’t think Naz would be scared either. I just made an observation. It’s easy to be confident when there’s such a huge discrepancy.

I’d have no problem playing LWE. I don’t think Naz would be scared either. I just made an observation. It’s easy to be confident when there’s such a huge discrepancy.
I didn't look at that as confidence as much as wanting to play the best and let the chips fall where they may. LWE doesn't need undefeated season and sure their conference is challenging enough, but big programs like to play big games. I certainly didn't see any disrespect to Naz.

Maybe someone should tell the owners of the minooka student twitter that their team didn’t want to step up against JCA. I like minooka but after all the smack talk JCA needs to shut them up.

Probably just kids being kids.
I know of no real bad blood between the actual schools, as they even had a co-op Hockey Team for a few years recently.
Minooka AD Bob Tyrell is a Hilltopper alum, Class of 1981.
Bob's siblings all attended Joliet Catholic too and his nephew Aidan, who is currently a pitcher at Notre Dame (former HS QB) is Hilltopper alum, Class of 2018.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gene K. and USD24
Per the Batavia AND Montini sites the game is at Montini week 1. Per the Batavia site you are home week 2 against Naperville North. Naperville North doesn’t have any 2020 scheduling up yet. Per the Nazareth site week 1 looks like the only open week.

Glenbard North vs Naperville North week 2

The following teams are open. Probably more not posting yet.

Glenbard North
Crete
Andrew
Prospect
Dekalb
Antioch
St. Francis
Lake Forest
Joliet Central
DeLaSalle
Grayslake North
Plainfield East
Thornwood
Kankakee
Lake Park
Yorkville
LA is open week 1 as well

Still looking for that week 1. Even OOS teams aren't working out.
Bueller? Bueller? Anyone?

MC/ Phillips week 2 at MC tentatively.

So looks like

@Gary Calumet
Phillips
@Montini
@Loyola
Marmion
Marist
@De La Salle
St. Viator
@BR

Reactions: DeanOfSelection
West had no interest in playing next year as well. .
None of the public schools in Joliet will play Joliet Catholic.Joliet Catholic football is why the Illini 8 broke up.A guy from Joliet Catholic told me years ago that the schools(minus Marian Catholic) cried like babies when Joliet catholic beat them in football.Those schools had no issues when they beat Joliet Catholic in other sports though.

Reactions: flyerforlife
None of the public schools in Joliet will play Joliet Catholic.Joliet Catholic football is why the Illini 8 broke up.A guy from Joliet Catholic told me years ago that the schools(minus Marian Catholic) cried like babies when Joliet catholic beat them in football.Those schools had no issues when they beat Joliet Catholic in other sports though.
Joliet West needs to schedule a winnable game and Joliet Central isn't going to challenge JCA whatsoever.

You mean JCA should have been screaming Bloody Murder & Not Fair when Joliet West was beating them in Wrestling 72-0 or 66-6 in the 70's and early 80's when the were a dynasty? :):):):D:):):)

LA has Marquette Week 1, my guess is the one that's in Milwaukee but still no Week 2
I got an idea lets swap Naz and Loyola weeks 1 and 2. Then loyola can play Marist week 1 whos open and Naz can play MC week 2 whos open. 2 great playoff rematches.

MC/ Phillips week 2 at MC tentatively.

So looks like

@Gary Calumet
Phillips
@Montini
@Loyola
Marmion
Marist
@De La Salle
St. Viator
@BR
MC needed a home game there for week 2 otherwise would have opened with 4 straight road games and only had 3 home total after construction of Barda-Dowling. Week 4 works out well since MC-LA will be a Sat can check out BR @ Marist Friday.[

LA has Marquette Week 1, my guess is the one that's in Milwaukee but still no Week 2
Marquette again? They had a 4 year contract a few years ago. Ugh! They are no bueno. LA beats them by 4 tds every time they play them.

Reactions: ignazio
ADVERTISEMENT