ADVERTISEMENT

Lepche has left St Francis

Spartanalum,

Well, you might like to hear a bunch of kids that said they wouldn't come back to the program next year are going to play now that the old coach quit.

There are a few other small details, but I can't say what they are now.
Thats great news!! Praying for the best.

Would love to know who is on the "short list". Wonder who is in their Top 5 candidates?

Zero sense of urgency. With "recruiting", ehhhh admissions process, you're not getting a darn kid in this class. Furthermore the off season? Whos running workouts? Kids buy in? Lets move! Hire somebody from Montini, the formula works, and get this thing going. Or forget Montini, hire somebody from Naz, Benet, IC, one of the thriving catholic programs in the area!! Theres 100.

The Inside sources say Bob McMillian (ole Chicago Rush player and coach) in the running for Head Coach at SFHS. Also Lepsche now announce OC at St. Olaf.

Ghost,

Total test takers were around 175!! Not 235. Last year we had around 172 with 80 being males. The numbers are similar this year. The numbers for the past two years are down as Francis typically gets 200 new freshman. The problem has been when we get 200 only 80 are males. Puts the male sports at a huge disadvantage. The multiplier takes total school population, not total males.

Seems like a great problem to have...

Hanson,

Ventrelli was never the head coach. He came to the school to teach social studies after he retired at DGN a few years back. I think he helped out around 2004 or 2005 for a year but he only stuck around for a year or two.

I think he permanently retired a year or two ago.
Thank you.

godfather,

I don't know yet. The guy I have been talking to had been a real d^*k and won't tell me names or number of people.
I have heard that they have 8-9 , but have not set up interviews yet. I know one candidate was told by the AD that it will be another week because "he is crazy busy."
You would think that this would be a priority for the Ad. Not one interview has been scheduled, but numerous candidates have followed up and have been told the same thing. Interviews have not started. Ad uses a committee and has not finalized his committee. It might have made sense to get your committee set up in January. I don't get it.

I have heard that they have 8-9 , but have not set up interviews yet. I know one candidate was told by the AD that it will be another week because "he is crazy busy."
You would think that this would be a priority for the Ad. Not one interview has been scheduled, but numerous candidates have followed up and have been told the same thing. Interviews have not started. Ad uses a committee and has not finalized his committee. It might have made sense to get your committee set up in January. I don't get it.
I don't think your sources are very accurate.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT