ADVERTISEMENT

Lausch (Rice QB) offered by NU

He has been projected as round 3-8 draft pick and was projecting upwards. Full scholarship will most likely affect draft status. If things go as projected it is very possible he never plays a football game at Northwestern.
The baseball forum is a couple clicks back.

The lad wants to play college football and will cut back on any extra baseball work in order to focus entirely on playing quarterback at Northwestern.
This is something that everyone at BR is aware of.

He'll play baseball at BR before focusing on football this summer.

Reactions: MC2023
He has been projected as round 3-8 draft pick and was projecting upwards. Full scholarship will most likely affect draft status. If things go as projected it is very possible he never plays a football game at Northwestern.
Would be crazy, I don't know Jack personally, but I wouldn't be surprised if he just quits baseball all together.

To me it seems like he just likes football more, most of the kids I have seen with his caliber of a baseball player just quit other sports due to risk of injury/fall ball/training . Could be the case that he saw his future in baseball. since he was getting offers, and accepted that his future athletic career was going to be in baseball, but now that he has a legit future in football as a D1 quarterback he will stop playing baseball.

Again, just from an outside perspective that is how I see it.

He’s a three possibly four year starter
But with the world we live in, all depends on the transfer portal
This is a question and not a knock on the player...Is he that good or is that based on how bad the QB situation at NU is? It's not that often that you see a QB with no other FBS offers have that kind of immediate impact.

That’s my point. 3rd to 8th round slot money doesn’t equate to him walking away from Northwestern. And I’ll go out on a limb and say that he’s not in a position where money would sway him. I honestly don’t think you know what you’re talking about here.

Reactions: MC2023
That’s my point. 3rd to 8th round slot money doesn’t equate to him walking away from Northwestern. And I’ll go out on a limb and say that he’s not in a position where money would sway him. I honestly don’t think you know what you’re talking about here.
Completely agree. This young man is number 2 in his class also. Very intelligent kid.

When Alek Thomas was drafted out of MC a few years ago the word was he’d forgot college if he was selected in first round. He slipped to very high second round and still ended up skipping school Im assuming because the money wasn’t much different.

Obviously his decision to make….. I’d persuade my son to get this world class education he’s being offered at Northwestern for free and enjoy 4 years of college life. His stock should only rise by doing so barring injury. In my eyes there’d be no rush to start a shitty life of the grind of minor league baseball. Have some fun and get that education.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT