ADVERTISEMENT

Jwar...

pjjp

Gold Member
Aug 27, 2001
Are you still in touch with the crew at Wheaton St. Francis? Have they made any inroads into the esteemed Patriot program with this year's incoming freshmen class?

I do speak with them somewhat frequently but we don’t often talk about who’s going where and or why. I know that there were some very good 8th graders from the last team that went to several different public and private high schools. I will say that some of the choice I heard shocked me a little.

Are you still in touch with the crew at Wheaton St. Francis? Have they made any inroads into the esteemed Patriot program with this year's incoming freshmen class?

Dude,

You can’t call him coach Weis, he’d have to be 4 of himself. You also have to admit just a little that with the absence of the “typical” JCA players in the past 3 years it’s been tough sledding with the old offensive scheme.

I'll grab this bait, though i know you are not baiting or trolling me J. JCA's fall has a lot more to do with depth than player type...the skills and players have been there, but the depth has not.

I'm also a huge fan of tweaking with offense, i'm on that side of things. that said, the offense was never ever the problem, except to the extent that the depth was not there.

JCA quite possibly had the most potent offense offense of all time, with three major BCS school running backs, a TE that played in college, and QB that played in college...but lost in a title game after scoring some 56 points and having the lead at the end of the 3rd.

Also, despite four straight loses to bronco during the bronco crazy years, we were never losing at half....and in two had the lead in the 4th.

Two anomalies in 30 plus years from the most successful program in our state, do not an argument make.

Ironically, i want a tweak in the offense not because of its style (the RB in high school is still the biggest game maker and JCA has been lined with them), for the same reason that riverside brookfield brought the spread to IL. With JCA's numbers, its hard to compete against larger schools...most of which comprise JCA's schedule.

JCA's initial failure was its intransigent thinking of NOT playing players both ways. It cost us at least two championships in my opinion. JCA's second failure was not using the athleticism it had in ways that other, lesser talented schools were doing...it was not the offense per se, it was the inability to run it with the numbers it had.

There is a reason navy still wins huge games. It's so difficult to prepare for them. No matter what happens to offenses, it is still a fact that it is very difficult to prepare for JCA's offense...the offensive style.

Reactions: jwarigaku
I do speak with them somewhat frequently but we don’t often talk about who’s going where and or why. I know that there were some very good 8th graders from the last team that went to several different public and private high schools. I will say that some of the choice I heard shocked me a little.
I would have thought the pipeline to Wheaton would have started this year.

Agree with JCHill above. The Hilltoppers' offense could use some tweaking. The defense (scheme and talent distribution) was more the problem when they were losing to Montini in the playoffs. The last few years? Tough to win when you don't have the horses, especially when you are the smallest enrollment school in the conference.

Reactions: jwarigaku
I also think a contributing factor is off season training. There was a time when JCA's off season program gave them a distinct advantage. They were very talented and out worked everyone. Now, their off season training is typical of all programs.

I would have thought the pipeline to Wheaton would have started this year.

Agree with JCHill above. The Hilltoppers' offense could use some tweaking. The defense (scheme and talent distribution) was more the problem when they were losing to Montini in the playoffs. The last few years? Tough to win when you don't have the horses, especially when you are the smallest enrollment school in the conference.
They might be the smallest enrollment in the conference but the advantage they do have is the population in their geographical area. The reason I believe the good amount of kids that are in the program. In an earlier thread it was stated that there is around 120 kids in the football program! That is fantastic for the enrollment in the school!

I'm a SF guy and we are expecting about 18 kids in the freshman program for this year. I don't know of any kid who came from that Patriot league this year. I could be wrong, but I haven't heard of any kid with a link to the league.

So I’ve asked around and there are former Patriot players that are registered and enrolled at St Francis that will play football in the fall and the total players will exceed 18 on the freshman team.

I'm a SF guy and we are expecting about 18 kids in the freshman program for this year. I don't know of any kid who came from that Patriot league this year. I could be wrong, but I haven't heard of any kid with a link to the league.

So I’ve asked around and there are former Patriot players that are registered and enrolled at St Francis that will play football in the fall and the total players will exceed 18 on the freshman team.

18 is what I heard showed up for the summer practices.

I also think a contributing factor is off season training. There was a time when JCA's off season program gave them a distinct advantage. They were very talented and out worked everyone. Now, their off season training is typical of all programs.
This could not be anymore accurate.

PJJP,

Nothing Coy at all. You got my curiosity going so I texted and asked. Looking at their schedule this season they have some challenges, but certainly have opportunities for success as well.

Jwar with his own thread!! Nice!! I’m green with envy!:D

I think Pjjp was referIng to your not mentioned.....“direct access and pipeline” . Ie the info “your guy” has is “straight from the horses mouth so to speak?”

Jwar with his own thread!! Nice!! I’m green with envy!:D

I think Pjjp was referIng to your not mentioned.....“direct access and pipeline” . Ie the info “your guy” has is “straight from the horses mouth so to speak?”
I knew this was a topic that Jwar would eventually embrace. :cool:

Its fun to remain plugged in to some level even from 750 miles away. And thanks for the honor of giving me a thread PJJP. I didn’t even think of it that way, I feel truly blessed.

with jwar...but from 800 miles door to door. literally.

Didn’t you come here last year with inside info that Bob was not being hired? Looks like your info continues to be suspect.

Yes this was me. Sure I was wrong as you point out and in a real condescending way as usual. Just another example of why most on this site think you are a total jag off.

There are a few, but most is an overstatement. However, if that helps you fell better about yourself I’m all good with helping you out big fella. Good luck to your nephew for a successful year in school and on the field.

Yes this was me. Sure I was wrong as you point out and in a real condescending way as usual. Just another example of why most on this site think you are a total jag off.

I would love to see JCA come out in a spread offense on the first play of the game. It would be funny to see the linebacker look at the side line looking at a confused head coach. I’m sure the wrong people would be in there to defense it. I’m sure they would have about 30 people in the stands having heart attacks as well. Lol. The media and forums would have a field day. This offense is hard to defend, I agree. But schools like Naz, Montini and notre dame, know how to defense it. A kid from Naz football team who played on the starting defense, said their head coach guessed right on about 80% of the plays when looking at the game film afterwards. Either there’s a pattern of which plays are called on down or distance or They figured out the secret to stopping JCA. This year, JCA has a qb who can run, and pass. He can also throw on the run. Would be nice to throw a little more to the backs out of the back field or tight ends to open the running game up.

Reactions: Gene K.
Isn’t talking about JCA in the Jwar thread blasphemy? I seem to remember Jwar is a Naz Guy. Aren’t Naz and JCA big rivals? Will the Insane Naz Possie ride again to uphold the true values and integrity of this thread?;)

If I had my own thread,...I would ban all discussion of Neuqua in my thread!!:p

However - I think Jwar also has ties to Neuqua back in the heyday of the great NV/WV games in 2011-2012 so therefore Neuqua should be fair game and an open topic on the Jwar thread!!

Jwar- what are you hearing about NV this year? I really like their RB that shared time in the backfield last year with Raupaugh. Think he also is a big Rugby player. Nice combo of speed and power.

Last edited:
But schools like Naz, Montini and notre dame, know how to defense it. A kid from Naz football team who played on the starting defense, said their head coach guessed right on about 80% of the plays when looking at the game film afterwards. Either there’s a pattern of which plays are called on down or distance or They figured out the secret to stopping JCA. This year, JCA has a qb who can run, and pass. He can also throw on the run. Would be nice to throw a little more to the backs out of the back field or tight ends to open the running game up.
Therein lies the problem. If an offense is that predictable, the only way you can have success is if you have superior talent. When the talent is lacking, you have no chance with a predictable offense. JMO.

Is the QB a transfer from JT West? I know he was on the team last year. I'm not sure if I have it right, though.

I'll be interested to see if Jaws tweaks the offense more in his 2nd year or if more offensive changes will be implemented on the freshmen level.

Ok - then it’s fair game!! I thought they were a more run heavy team? They moving to the spread or something?
Their new head coach (Jake Jaworski) is in his second year. They have been traditionally run heavy. Not sure how much tweaking the new coach will do in his second year.

Their new head coach (Jake Jaworski) is in his second year. They have been traditionally run heavy. Not sure how much tweaking the new coach will do in his second year.

Is Jaws from the Offensive side of the ball in his assistant days or Defensive side? If Offense - I bet they do a lot of tweaking and keep it close to the vest and unveil part of it week one!

Jawarski came from the defensive side of the ball under sharp. But he is calling the offensive plays. Coach mattil is the defensive coordinator. I don’t expect any change on offense. But they should mix it up. Yes, the qb, Jordan, is the transfer from Joliet west. He’s a good qb. Saw him in the last jv game last year and saw him in some practices.

Jawarski came from the defensive side of the ball under sharp. But he is calling the offensive plays. Coach mattil is the defensive coordinator. I don’t expect any change on offense. But they should mix it up. Yes, the qb, Jordan, is the transfer from Joliet west. He’s a good qb. Saw him in the last jv game last year and saw him in some practices.
Thanks for the info. I thought I had the QB's origin correct.

Jaws was the D-coordinator under Sharp, but he does have offensive experience from his days as the head coach at the soph level.

Why are we talking about JCA in this thread....that’s the question?
These threads tend to take circuitous routes, Siu. I'm interested to hear how things go at St. Francis, especially the incoming freshmen class.

These threads tend to take circuitous routes, Siu. I'm interested to hear how things go at St. Francis, especially the incoming freshmen class.

Sometimes the law of unintended consequences takes over. The question being, "would Naz be the football power that it has been for the last several years if it hadn't been for the Robeson v. JCA game in 2012?".

Thanks for the info. I thought I had the QB's origin correct.

Jaws was the D-coordinator under Sharp, but he does have offensive experience from his days as the head coach at the soph level.
Coached offensive backfield in 2011 and maybe a few years before that on the varsity before becoming defensive coordinator.

Sometimes the law of unintended consequences takes over. The question being, "would Naz be the football power that it has been for the last several years if it hadn't been for the Robeson v. JCA game in 2012?".
Never heard this story, but I assume it was the catalyst for sending a certain coach away from the Hill? And didn't he go to the Brook for a year or so after leaving naz?

Last edited:
What does that game have to do with anything?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT