ADVERTISEMENT

JCA @ ICCP

Question any idea on the injury to the running back for JC?

I think JC has got a pretty solid team and it does seem that a lot of people underestimate them this year. I was at the Rita game and that was about as hard hitting on both sides as you are going to say. Rita got beat up by JC and the score was much closer than the game actually was.

I wonder how each teams first game of the year will prepare them for Friday. I also want to point out that as good as IC is/has been I doubt they have played the caliber of teams JC has played and does play so it’s going to be a very interesting game.

Question any idea on the injury to the running back for JC?

I think JC has got a pretty solid team and it does seem that a lot of people underestimate them this year. I was at the Rita game and that was about as hard hitting on both sides as you are going to say. Rita got beat up by JC and the score was much closer than the game actually was.

I wonder how each teams first game of the year will prepare them for Friday. I also want to point out that as good as IC is/has been I doubt they have played the caliber of teams JC has played and does play so it’s going to be a very interesting game.
The players for JCA are handling two losing seasons as vendettas. They are fired up about the season before it started. There was no doubt in their minds that they wouldn’t give 120% effort every snap. They never mention the two losing seasons. They have nothing to lose attitude. You can see the fire burning in their eyes. They never waivered when they found out they were opening against St Rita and IC. The fans did, I did. But seeing that Rita game was a statement. Not taking anything away from Rita, they are good. Just faced a very hungry team out to prove everyone wrong. I expect they bring the same intensity every game. Gonna be close game. Go Hill!

Reactions: Voodoo Tatum 21
Small difference being the JCA returners you speak of didn't win back to back state championships.... but that's just details.

If JC had IC's schedule last year, they would have went 13-1 and won the 3A title as well. IC struggles to make playoffs with JC's schedule. You are comparing apples to oranges.

If JC had IC's schedule last year, they would have went 13-1 and won the 3A title as well. IC struggles to make playoffs with JC's schedule. You are comparing apples to oranges.
I can't speak to this year, but IC was a very, very good football team the last couple of years. StL split with them in a home and away series, and StL also split with Rita during the same time frame. IC can play.

Reactions: penlight
Question for IC posters,

1. Why isn't IC in the ESCC?

2. Why isn't IC in the CCL?

3. Why did IC break up the Suburban Catholic/Christian conference?

I don’t want to diminish IC’s accomplishments because they have built a very good program. That said I really believe this to be accurate.

Question for IC posters,

Not being an IC expert, I wuould say that the answers to 1 and 2 would be enrollment (IC at 313) and travel distance for conference games. I don’t know enough about conference history to talk on 3. Would hope some IC experts to explain. Good questions. I would like to know too.

Reactions: Wassup13
Yup. Underdogs again. Hope IC runs that 4-4 defense they ran last Friday. JCA may have 600 yards rushing this week.

People seem to forget that 3A has generally been dominated by power run teams, whether the system is primarily single wing (Byron), double wing (Wilmington, Stillman Valley), or I-formation (McNamara). Obviously IC can defend the power run. Now, the question is whether a quality 5A power run team can dominate...I'm assuming that JCA is not just going to bulldoze IC - or else all-state backs from Wilmo and Byron would likely have done it before...I just don't picture IC backing down from the challenge...

I think JCA would get running clocked in the NVC (Naper Valley Conference). Thoughts? Discussion? :)

L E T the POSSE RIDE!!! Yes!! It’s football season!
Last years jca, maybe. But if you talking this year, then you also betting that St Rita would be clocked, every game, by NVC teams. Right?

Question for IC posters,

I’m fairly removed so this is strictly opinion.

1. Enrollment
2. Enrollment
3. When the suburban Christian conference was formed it was a terrible idea. Two divisions that we’re horribly mismatched. At that time the scores were brutal with the blue division murdering the gold. IC was somewhat in the middle and when it began to disband they weren’t at the level they are now. Krefft is a great coach who also has some top assistants. They now have an outstanding staff with a head coach who is rolling. I would guess if IC was at their current level when it disbanded they wouldn’t have gone to the metro. Who knows, maybe they’ll bring back the old SCC? Would love to see the old matchups brought back. I’m excited to see IC vs St Francis again, that was always such a swing game for IC back in the 2000s. Also as much as the refs suck, there were some great battles at Marian Central and Marmion as well. Usually took L’s vs Montini but I know Andriano used to love those games too.

People seem to forget that 3A has generally been dominated by power run teams, whether the system is primarily single wing (Byron), double wing (Wilmington, Stillman Valley), or I-formation (McNamara). Obviously IC can defend the power run. Now, the question is whether a quality 5A power run team can dominate...I'm assuming that JCA is not just going to bulldoze IC - or else all-state backs from Wilmo and Byron would likely have done it before...I just don't picture IC backing down from the challenge...
Again, you are comparing apples to oranges. 3a teams and 5a teams that play a 6a/7a schedule are 2 completely different things. I don't think IC will back down by any means, but you cannot compare Byron to Joliet Catholic.

Again, you are comparing apples to oranges. 3a teams and 5a teams that play a 6a/7a schedule are 2 completely different things. I don't think IC will back down by any means, but you cannot compare Byron to Joliet Catholic.
I watched a couple of jca games while breaking down film in 2016. That was a bad team. Byron would’ve given them a game.

I watched a couple of jca games while breaking down film in 2016. That was a bad team. Byron would’ve given them a game.
I agree that the 2016 Jc team was bad. I was referring to the current JC team. The fact that you state that Bryon would have given a 1-8 Jc team a game makes my point.

I agree that the 2016 Jc team was bad. I was referring to the current JC team. The fact that you state that Bryon would have given a 2-7 Jc team a game makes my point.
Maybe I was being polite so as not to seem obnoxious but they would’ve gotten throttled by that IC team.

Maybe I was being polite so as not to seem obnoxious but they would’ve gotten throttled by that IC team.
No one is arguing that. JC's 2016 team was terrible. They won one game. I hope IC would throttle them. I am talking about comparing a good 3a team to a good 5a team. Completely different story

Reactions: Gene K.
No one is arguing that. JC's 2016 team was terrible. They won one game. I hope IC would throttle them. I am talking about comparing a good 3a team to a good 5a team. Completely different story
They aren’t that far off Imo, a good 3a and good 5a. Now a great 5a and a good 3a are very far apart. Good 3a and good 7a, now that is very far apart.

This team is 5 times better then 2016. Four of the five offensive linemen starting today were on that team and started as sophomores. IC should be in the escc for sure. JCA plays Marist and ND who have enrollments over 1000. JCA at 623. 400 student difference. IC to JCA is 300. JCA passes IC to go to ND, Carmel, st viator. You get the picture.

Either way I think this is going to be a great game. It’s honestly still amazing to me that IC is playing JCA. Crazy that IC used to play Walther as their non con and now they’re playing Joliet Catholic.

Reactions: USD24
Either way I think this is going to be a great game. It’s honestly still amazing to me that IC is playing JCA. Crazy that IC used to play Walther as their non con and now they’re playing Joliet Catholic.
Looking forward to it. Have no idea how it will play out. Intriguing matchup.

Last years jca, maybe. But if you talking this year, then you also betting that St Rita would be clocked, every game, by NVC teams. Right?

Nope only JCA!

But it was in jest (I don’t really believe JCA would get running clocked). I wanted to get the beginnings of a JCA posse to ride out and defend JCA honor. Was hoping Pjjp would start sticking pins in VoodDoo’s Voodoo doll - but (sigh) I didn’t quite get the overwhelming response I was expecting. I guess the JCA guys really are a balanced and well adjusted group!

Reactions: Gene K. and pjjp
Here’s the recap of Friday night. Joliet catholic runs for 350 yards again. Scores 34 to IC 20. The Hill zone, JCA students, storm the field after the game to celebrate after the last second expirers. Sends the edgy tim JCA haters into hiding while the JCA posse mounts up and heads for week three opponent st viator. Lol

Here’s the recap of Friday night. Joliet catholic runs for 350 yards again. Scores 34 to IC 20. The Hill zone, JCA students, storm the field after the game to celebrate after the last second expirers. Sends the edgy tim JCA haters into hiding while the JCA posse mounts up and heads for week three opponent st viator. Lol
You forgot the S on St. ViatorS

The players for JCA are handling two losing seasons as vendettas. They are fired up about the season before it started. There was no doubt in their minds that they wouldn’t give 120% effort every snap. They never mention the two losing seasons. They have nothing to lose attitude. You can see the fire burning in their eyes. They never waivered when they found out they were opening against St Rita and IC. The fans did, I did. But seeing that Rita game was a statement. Not taking anything away from Rita, they are good. Just faced a very hungry team out to prove everyone wrong. I expect they bring the same intensity every game. Gonna be close game. Go Hill!

You can only give 100% effort.

Reactions: Cat Box

Yeah!! I like you Jchill!! You put some pepper in the gumbo!!

Don’t forget to do a snow Angel on the 50 yard line on the field! The IC guys will LOVE that!! IC posters may posse up in response!

Nope only JCA!

But it was in jest (I don’t really believe JCA would get running clocked). I wanted to get the beginnings of a JCA posse to ride out and defend JCA honor. Was hoping Pjjp would start sticking pins in VoodDoo’s Voodoo doll - but (sigh) I didn’t quite get the overwhelming response I was expecting. I guess the JCA guys really are a balanced and well adjusted group!

friendlyfan is long gone. I like jchill's excitement...it makes us boring guys look like deadbeats....we don't ride or die. we just die...we are not goonies.

friendlyfan is long gone. I like jchill's excitement...it makes us boring guys look like deadbeats....we don't ride or die. we just die...we are not goonies.

Me too! You and Pjjp need to up your forum game!! The newer guys are in danger of running circles around you guys!

Reactions: Jchill-1
There’s room in the posse riding to IC. I will be there sitting in the main grand stands with all my close IC friends I don’t have. Will be sitting there with guns blazing. Lol

Reactions: Gene K.
At Joliet Catholic Academy athletes are taught to:
  • Develop a strong sense of character
  • Understand that their words and actions reflect on their teammates and school community
  • Have and show genuine respect for their opponents
  • Win with grace and when it happens, lose with humility
  • Maintain their dignity under all circumstances

Maybe things have changed since 2013 when IC hosted AC. The Knights wrote all kinds of nasty notes which were waiting for AC players in the visitor's locker room before the game. AC responded with a 24-6 win.

I’m fairly removed so this is strictly opinion.

1. Enrollment
2. Enrollment
3. When the suburban Christian conference was formed it was a terrible idea. Two divisions that we’re horribly mismatched. At that time the scores were brutal with the blue division murdering the gold. IC was somewhat in the middle and when it began to disband they weren’t at the level they are now. Krefft is a great coach who also has some top assistants. They now have an outstanding staff with a head coach who is rolling. I would guess if IC was at their current level when it disbanded they wouldn’t have gone to the metro. Who knows, maybe they’ll bring back the old SCC? Would love to see the old matchups brought back. I’m excited to see IC vs St Francis again, that was always such a swing game for IC back in the 2000s. Also as much as the refs suck, there were some great battles at Marian Central and Marmion as well. Usually took L’s vs Montini but I know Andriano used to love those games too.

Eagles2k3 is 100% correct in his recollection of the Suburban Christian Conference history. It was a horribly unbalanced conference (kind of like the CCL). The Gold Division teams were fine competition amongst themselves but had no chance vs. Blue Division teams: Montini, Marmion, Marian Central and St. Francis.

Too bad Driscoll closed after the 2008 season. They would have been a Blue Divison team and kept balance.

Aurora Christian was the hot team when the 7 schools abandoned ship for the Metro Suburban after the 2013 season. AC had won back-to-back 3A championships in 2011-2012 and almost 3-peated in 2013 (lost in semi-final game to eventual champs Stillman Valley).

If the break up of the SCC happened today, it would be IC headed to the CCL with Montini, Marmion and Francis instead of AC.

I like the new look Metro Suburban with IC, AC, Bmac, Francis, Wheaton Academy, ACC, St. Ed's. Need to dump the Public schools and absorb the CCL Red teams. Now we're cookin'!

Private Metro East
  • Guerin Prep
  • DePaul Prep
  • St. Joe's
  • Leo
  • Hope Academy
  • Bmac
  • Chicago Christian
Private Metro West
  • Aurora Christian
  • Aurora Central
  • St. Ed's
  • St. Francis
  • Wheaton Academy
  • ICCP

IC has that fancy Pixelot system that autostreams to NFHS. You just gotta pray NFHS doesn't crap itself.

Will there be any radio coverage of this game? WJOL won't have it, but does somewhere in Elmhurst pick it up? Thx!

Elmhurst doesn’t have enough seating or parking let alone radio stations. Lol. You will hear the roar of the Joliet posse yell at ever td scored.

However, that 2016 team that Wilmington was the best 3A opponent in the playoffs also beat 6A semifinalist St. Laurence 63-49 in week 2...its week 2 folks...2016 had Rowell, an NIU recruit...this year they have a Purdue recruit...My point is that IC has faced just about every power run system there is with success...

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT