ADVERTISEMENT

JCA @ ICCP

Wassup13

Nov 9, 2002
I don't think these two teams have ever played each other at least not in recent history.

After week 1 both teams look like they are for real. What's your thought on this matchup?

JCA should consider forfeiting this one. Why even show up for a game they can't possibly win? They need to save themselves for the conference games.

The JCA guys are too nice!

They are concerned about being called insecure;)

From what I was told.,.. the old Naz posse would never stand for that if same situation happened to the original POSSE!! I think JCA should organize a posse and ride rough shot over the boards in 2018 and it might just happen with a win over ICCP!!!

You heard It here first - JCA gets past ICCP and Pjjp and USD organize the younger members of the JCA posters into the first JCA posse to ride through the 2018 season!!!!

Pjjp!! Where have you been? Aweful quiet and week one is already in the books!! Did you go to the JCA game? Thoughts on the game? Big win over Rita!!

Reactions: kitty_bintingot
Does anyone know the status of the injuries to the center and running back from JCA? To me, this matchup is very intriguing. Wish I could make it to this one.

Pjjp!! Where have you been? Aweful quiet and week one is already in the books!! Did you go to the JCA game? Thoughts on the game? Big win over Rita!!
I was there. Great win. Coaler touched on the concerns above. Not sure of the status of a few after the hard fought Rita win. Tough to know what to expect. I do like the underdog role again, though. IC was awfully impressive in Week 1.

Reactions: Voodoo Tatum 21
This match-up has a "Game of the Week" feel. Too bad CSN won't be there to film this one. I'd like to watching from the comfort of my living room on Saturday.

Hey Edgy, can you pull some strings and get a video crew out there?

I was there. Great win. Coaler touched on the concerns above. Not sure of the status of a few after the hard fought Rita win. Tough to know what to expect. I do like the underdog role again, though. IC was awfully impressive in Week 1.
They played a poorly prepared Althoff team that has 28 chest hairs among the starters.

Some Immaculate Conception vs. Joliet Catholic history
  • The Hilltoppers lead the series 11-1-1​
  • The first game played was a 32-6 Hilltopper win in 1948​
  • Both were Charter Members of the Suburban Catholic Conference that was formed in 1960​
  • IC won in 1960 by a score of 12-6​
  • The last game was played between them was in 1969 and ended in an 8-8 Tie​

I watched IC on youtube. They look like a typical 7A playoff team. very good size, speed, special teams,and kicking game

I watched IC on youtube. They look like a typical 7A playoff team. very good size, speed, special teams,and kicking game

I see not much has changed there. Don’t let some of the elder statesmen here see you compare IC to a 6A/7A team or there might be hell to pay.

Yup. Underdogs again. Hope IC runs that 4-4 defense they ran last Friday. JCA may have 600 yards rushing this week. Althoff look terrible. The play calling was horrible. I can’t believe people got a sense of how good IC really is when they play a team like that. JCA would of had triple the yards against Althoff then st Rita. I love JCA being dogs. Beating a ranked team like St Rita means nothing. Ok with me.

Reactions: 5150kr
Yup. Underdogs again. Hope IC runs that 4-4 defense they ran last Friday. JCA may have 600 yards rushing this week. Althoff look terrible. The play calling was horrible. I can’t believe people got a sense of how good IC really is when they play a team like that. JCA would of had triple the yards against Althoff then st Rita. I love JCA being dogs. Beating a ranked team like St Rita means nothing. Ok with me.

While I appreciate your enthusiasm, you might want to pump the brakes a little!

I think people got a sense of how good IC is when they returned 18 starters from last years team. I'm looking forward to a great game.

Reactions: penlight

At Joliet Catholic Academy athletes are taught to:
  • Develop a strong sense of character
  • Understand that their words and actions reflect on their teammates and school community
  • Have and show genuine respect for their opponents
  • Win with grace and when it happens, lose with humility
  • Maintain their dignity under all circumstances

Last edited:
Jca returned just as many starters last year and most 3 year starters. Still no love. Lol. People weren’t tapping the breaks on st Rita last week. Most starters left their team. Just haters for JCA I guess. Certain logic not the same when comparing programs. Crazy to me. Like I’ve stated, keep making them underdogs. By the way, I believe you picked st Rita last week also. Credibility on JCA knowledge lacking. Will be a close game for sure. I think this game will be a toss up. But don’t think JCA needs a win to make playoffs. Stated that weeks ago. Needed 1 win out of first two. Hoping they win.

Jca returned just as many starters last year and most 3 year starters. Still no love. Lol. People weren’t tapping the breaks on st Rita last week. Most starters left their team. Just haters for JCA I guess. Certain logic not the same when comparing programs. Crazy to me. Like I’ve stated, keep making them underdogs. By the way, I believe you picked st Rita last week also. Credibility on JCA knowledge lacking. Will be a close game for sure. I think this game will be a toss up. But don’t think JCA needs a win to make playoffs. Stated that weeks ago. Needed 1 win out of first two. Hoping they win.

Small difference being the JCA returners you speak of didn't win back to back state championships.... but that's just details.

While I appreciate your enthusiasm, you might want to pump the brakes a little!

No perish the thought! Keep going Jchill!!

As they say in ESL “all gas and no brakes”!!

Let the JCA posse RIDE!!!!

Man I am hoping for a win (but IC will be tough make no bones about that!) so JCA is 2-0 heading into ESCC play!

Reactions: Jchill-1
Does anyone know the status of the injury to the running back for JC? I heard the linemen who got hurt would be good to go.

Waiting for a response on the running back. Doesn’t look good. Will know about the center soon. I’m gonna ride my horse till the horse dies. Lol. Ride posse ride.

Reactions: Voodoo Tatum 21
Some Immaculate Conception vs. Joliet Catholic history
  • The Hilltoppers lead the series 11-1-1​
  • The first game played was a 32-6 Hilltopper win in 1948​
  • Both were Charter Members of the Suburban Catholic Conference that was formed in 1960​
  • IC won in 1960 by a score of 12-6​
  • The last game was played between them was in 1969 and ended in an 8-8 Tie​
huge props pen

Reactions: epicbret
Or midnight if you try streaming on NFHS.

if you are lucky. nothing like when you pay for a big playoff game only to see bronco drop back for a game ending play, screen go black, hear something about JCA tipping the ball, then something about a score...then the screen coming back on to bronco winning the game on a play for which i have yet to receive an explanation.

Reactions: Gene K.
This is like dejavu. Rita by 21 now ic by 21. Lol. Wait, I’m being insecure. Your right. IC by 21.

You're somewhat new here. None of the Rita guys were picking wide margins. In fact it looks like many of the regular SR guys did not even post this past week. A lot of rivals like to make bulletin board material for schools they are in completion with.

Nice win.

You're somewhat new here. None of the Rita guys were picking wide margins. In fact it looks like many of the regular SR guys did not even post this past week. A lot of rivals like to make bulletin board material for schools they are in completion with.

Nice win.
It’s usually rivals stirring the pot. Tru dat. If your a true fan of your school, usually the reality is true. I’m a realist about JCA. I state facts when I can. Like I stated injuries will kill this team. Although Williams is a good running back, our two horses for this year was Keenan and ionnatonne. They flew under the radar for four years. Edgy and the nation was big on Williams the junior. That’s fine but overlooked the potential of the two seniors. Don’t surprise me about keenan’s Yards. Should get 200 yards a game at the very least. Line needs to stay healthy. The center would be a big loss for sure. But we will see what happens. The back up did a nice job for three quarters. This game will be as good as the st Rita game. Should be game of the week Another upset in the making?????? Go Hill!!! 60,000 yards. Lmao.

Reactions: Omnipotent1

Nice win.
The other thing is the site Ignazio gets the line from (for the CCL pic’em thread) is Cal Preps and their early season lines obviously leave a lot to be desired. I’ll then usually post the Massey predictions but they weren’t out this week.

For computer databases, the end of the season predictions by both sites were pretty solid. This might be confirmation bias because I didn’t keep notes but this year I might after week 5 or 6.

So the slights came from rival posters and a computer algorithm based on last year’s data.
But I didn’t want to mention this when there’s a ‘posse’-bility of a posse brewin’.

Keep the passion J-chill, Illinois HS FB is better with JCA back in business and the board could always use some flavor

It’s usually rivals stirring the pot. Tru dat. If your a true fan of your school, usually the reality is true. I’m a realist about JCA. I state facts when I can. Like I stated injuries will kill this team. Although Williams is a good running back, our two horses for this year was Keenan and ionnatonne. They flew under the radar for four years. Edgy and the nation was big on Williams the junior. That’s fine but overlooked the potential of the two seniors. Don’t surprise me about keenan’s Yards. Should get 200 yards a game at the very least. Line needs to stay healthy. The center would be a big loss for sure. But we will see what happens. The back up did a nice job for three quarters. This game will be as good as the st Rita game. Should be game of the week Another upset in the making?????? Go Hill!!! 60,000 yards. Lmao.
I appreciate the enthusiasm. I'm in complete agreement they have multiple backs capable of 200 plus yards a game. But let's stay away from making the message board bare minimum expectation of how he "should" get 200 a week "at the very least."

Just my two cents stop writing checks high school kids are not guaranteed to cash. The JC supporters on this board are a very conservative and I'll believe it when i see it type of group. And we always tend to give the opponent tons of credit, sometimes when it is unwarranted. While your optimism and high expectations are welcome additions to us old curmodgeons, I would just keep in mind that these are 16 and 17 year old kids and they read this. And both too much praise and too much criticism are bad for the program we love.

I appreciate the enthusiasm. I'm in complete agreement they have multiple backs capable of 200 plus yards a game. But let's stay away from making the message board bare minimum expectation of how he "should" get 200 a week "at the very least."

Just my two cents stop writing checks high school kids are not guaranteed to cash. The JC supporters on this board are a very conservative and I'll believe it when i see it type of group. And we always tend to give the opponent tons of credit, sometimes when it is unwarranted. While your optimism and high expectations are welcome additions to us old curmodgeons, I would just keep in mind that these are 16 and 17 year old kids and they read this. And both too much praise and too much criticism are bad for the program we love.

conservative? I called for a 60,000 yard rushing game! WTF

Reactions: Jchill-1
I don't think these two teams have ever played each other at least not in recent history.

After week 1 both teams look like they are for real. What's your thought on this matchup?

Wassup:

IC by two touchdowns, perhaps more. From what I read, I anticipate JCA returning to respectability, but not this year.

Reactions: USD24 and RockSoup
conservative? I called for a 60,000 yard rushing game! WTF
I know. While hyperbole, I sensed the whole thing going off the rails. As JC fans we have seen the cycle. New program experienced some success and has very vocal and overly confident fans who love to stir the pot. 2001 RB, bartlett frosh, and the Naz posse of recent vintage. All had to learn how to win and not be obnoxious doing it. I figured that JC would be immune from that as a blue blood. But a few down seasons and here we are feeling like the RB guys excited about the possibility of Brasic to guardi and powers to erase the memories of the bad times. History really does repeat itself.

I think JCA would get running clocked in the NVC (Naper Valley Conference). Thoughts? Discussion? :)

L E T the POSSE RIDE!!! Yes!! It’s football season!

Reactions: RockSoup
This match-up has a "Game of the Week" feel. Too bad CSN won't be there to film this one. I'd like to watching from the comfort of my living room on Saturday.

Hey Edgy, can you pull some strings and get a video crew out there?

IC has that fancy Pixelot system that autostreams to NFHS. You just gotta pray NFHS doesn't crap itself.

Reactions: crusader_of_90
ADVERTISEMENT