ADVERTISEMENT

JCA 14 PC 24 FINAL

I think people's hesitation to automatically give the win to PC is that those were the only good teams on PC's schedule and they lost them all. I think this will be one of the better quarterfinal games next weekend and either team could win but I just don't see PC running away with it.
Can’t both sides agree that both points are true? PC schedule obviously much tougher than RB and RB is likely 5-4 or 6-3 with PC’s schedule.

at the same time, RB can be and is more than capable of beating PC. If they grind out a few 12-18 play drives, eat away at an entire quarter of time, and get a few timely stops on defense, it’s game on.

RB is not your average small town team who may be able to have lightning strike and pull an upset. They are legitimately good, well coached, and dangerous. If they win, it won’t be a fluke.

I see a 3 to 7 point game and I’m not sure which side I see winning yet. If RB had a few more tests along the way, I would be likely to pick them with increased confidence. Seeing as this will be their first major test, the fact that they could have a quarter or so to adjust to the speed gives me pause in picking them.

should be a great game!

I guess the defending 5A state champs are no good in your book then. Fenwick would easily handle most teams in R-B's schedule except Morris.
Defending champion=last year's champion. I think most everyone would agree that this years Fenwick team isn't the same as last years Fenwick team. Did Fenwick really have a forfeit win in week 8? IHSA site is showing a 1-0 win against TBA.

Fenwick may have had trouble with Normal West as well.

neutral field
[2022] Normal West (Normal, IL) 20, [2022] Fenwick (Oak Park, IL) 14

RB has the most to prove. This has been an unexpected bonus year for PC with a new coach, etc. Kudo’s to them. A RB win at PC puts them over the hump regarding statewide recognition.
Has RB been behind at anytime this year and had to come back to win? PC has.
None of it matters. See you at kickoff!
Best of luck to both teams.

Defending champion=last year's champion. I think most everyone would agree that this years Fenwick team isn't the same as last years Fenwick team. Did Fenwick really have a forfeit win in week 8? IHSA site is showing a 1-0 win against TBA.

Fenwick may have had trouble with Normal West as well.

neutral field
[2022] Normal West (Normal, IL) 20, [2022] Fenwick (Oak Park, IL) 14
I'm just trying to determine if your omission of Fenwick as one of the good teams that PC faced was intentional or inadvertent. Which was it?

BTW, I have the utmost respect for Coach Noll and R-B, and I'm not among those who think it's a foregone conclusion that it's going to be easy for PC next weekend.

Reactions: Gene K.
Convenient that you failed to mention the first sentence of my post where I clearly said PC had the stronger SOS. I was replying to a comment that said RB's schedule was no where close to where Provi's was and I was giving examples of how it's closer than people may think. That is why I limited my analysis to the regular season because that is what the comment I was replying to was referring to.

Ok, fine PC has wins over 3 teams with winning records, RB now has 9.

RB also has wins over two teams that are in the quarter finals in Morris and Rochelle.

All I'm saying is that this is going to be a better game then some suggest who are saying it's already a forgone conclusion that it's going to be Provi vs. SHG in the finals.
I don't know about Providence being in the 4A final, but after yesterday's SHG-Waterloo game I can't see how anyone can assume that the Cyclones being in the final is a "foregone conclusion".

Reactions: SiuCubFan8
I don't know about Providence being in the 4A final, but after yesterday's SHG-Waterloo game I can't see how anyone can assume that the Cyclones being in the final is a "foregone conclusion".
The cyclones don’t do to well when Mother Nature acts up!

While I don't think anyone is questioning that Providence had a stronger SOS, it's closer than you think.

-PC beat exactly 1 team with a winning record, RB, 7.
-Five of PC's opponents made the playoffs, RB had 6.
-Combined record of PC's opponents were 48-33, RB's were 46-35
I gotta say BIG difference between the quality of PC schedule and RB’s… Loyola is Loyola, JCA is JCA, Rita, Fenwick… basically Catholic league.
Now that doesn’t mean RB isn’t legit. Just saying SOS is a no brainer if it’s really someone’s arguement

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT