ADVERTISEMENT

JCA 14 PC 24 FINAL

Believe or not JCA's touchdown came on a fairly long pass. Weird game and plays.

Special Teams and unimaginative play calling have killed JCA. Time for Jaws to make some changes.
I agree, JCA self destructing on special teams accounts for every PC score. Bad play calling is not helping.

I agree, JCA self destructing on special teams accounts for every PC score. Bad play calling is not helping.
Jaws doesn’t know what to do. They haven’t run the ball well all year which is usually their bread and butter. Worst O line I’ve seen in a long time at JCA.

Jaws doesn’t know what to do. They haven’t run the ball well all year which is usually their bread and butter. Worst O line I’ve seen in a long time at JCA.
Pump the brakes on your emotions, jaws is still the real deal at the helm, look at the big picture!!

Reactions: Gene K.
The blocked punts, PAT’s, and field goals and run backs have been brutal all year. Someone has gotta coach the kids up better. Not the first time….

Pump the brakes on your emotions, jaws is still the real deal at the helm, look at the big picture!!
I’m a huge Jaws fan. I’m just saying when what your program is built on, great lines and running backs, isn’t there it is hard to adjust your play calling. This line has been terrible all year and the RBs are average at best. They had to put Bonsu at RB to try and get some production. Their best offense all year was the passing game. Just a very different year fir them.

I’m a huge Jaws fan. I’m just saying when what your program is built on, great lines and running backs, isn’t there it is hard to adjust your play calling. This line has been terrible all year and the RBs are average at best. They had to put Bonsu at RB to try and get some production. Their best offense all year was the passing game. Just a very different year fir them.
“They’re best offense all year was the passing game” do ya think mother nature might of shut that option down today or…. Once again look at the big picture!

First time seeing JCA play this year. Why is their punter only 10 yards deep?

I got Providence Catholic all the way to the Trophy elevation on a rain soaked November 26th!!!!!

Haha oops forgot delete the 7 after typing 14
If you mean is 14 pts. the lowest point total in our collective playoff history?? The answer is no..... 1986 5A 2ND ROUND
Chicago Heights Marion Catholic 14 Joliet Catholic 0

1988 5A 2ND Round
Wheaton Central 28 Joliet Catholic 0

Last edited:
Yep. It’s Providence and Sacred Heart in the 4A final. That should be a good game.
That’s not going to happen because they won’t beat RB. RB played a decent schedule this year and had wins over Morris, Normal West, and Rochelle. It’s not as difficult of a schedule as Providence played, but they will be ready. Providence will have a tough time slowing down the RB offense, and their special teams won’t save the day like they did against JCA. This is a more disciplined and sound team in RB. 30-17 Rockets.

Nowhere near the schedule Providence plays - by a long shot!
While I don't think anyone is questioning that Providence had a stronger SOS, it's closer than you think.

-PC beat exactly 1 team with a winning record, RB, 7.
-Five of PC's opponents made the playoffs, RB had 6.
-Combined record of PC's opponents were 48-33, RB's were 46-35

While I don't think anyone is questioning that Providence had a stronger SOS, it's closer than you think.

Both played good schedules. Not an advantage either way.

Providence will have a tough time slowing down the RB offense, and their special teams won’t save the day like they did against JCA. This is a more disciplined and sound team in RB. 30-17 Rockets.
It does sting to lose a game primarily due to poor special teams play. It feels as if your team was not prepared. JCA should definitely make improved special teams play a priority in the offseason.

If you mean is 14 pts. the lowest point total in our collective playoff history?? The answer is no..... 1986 5A 2ND ROUND
Chicago Heights Marion Catholic 14 Joliet Catholic 0

1988 5A 2ND Round
Wheaton Central 28 Joliet Catholic 0
Not at all what I meant. Haha. I was the one who was updating the thread title.
Haha oops forgot delete the 7 after typing 14
When I was updating "JCA 7 PC 24" to "JCA 14 PC 24" it showed as "JCA 147 PC 24". I'm an old fart and forgot to delete the 7 after typing the 14.

You are limiting your analysis to the regular season, even though we are in the playoff quarterfinals week. It does look very convincing when you say that "PC beat exactly 1 team with a winning record." Seems a little disingenuous to say that even though you know they now have three wins.

It's easy for R-B to put up an impressive looking record when they schedule teams like Urban Prep Bronzeville (but, hey, they have a winning record, right?) and Menominee (445 enrollment) in non-con games. PC's non-con games this year were Lake Central (enrollment approx 3,200) and defending 7A state champ Wheaton North.

Not at all what I meant. Haha. I was the one who was updating the thread title.

When I was updating "JCA 7 PC 24" to "JCA 14 PC 24" it showed as "JCA 147 PC 24". I'm an old fart and forgot to delete the 7 after typing the 14.
Gotcha. No problem. I'm likely much older. lol I was confused after the fact about it. Re-read it several times. I never saw the post that read JCA 147, so I thought perhaps you were questioning the relatively low point total. As a minor point of interest, there are a handful of other playoff losses where we scored only 6 or 7 points as well, besides the 2 shutouts i listed. Losing in November is never easy. BUT..........accepting defeat, AND working to get better, are a sign of true character.

You are limiting your analysis to the regular season, even though we are in the playoff quarterfinals week. It does look very convincing when you say that "PC beat exactly 1 team with a winning record." Seems a little disingenuous to say that even though you know they now have three wins.

It's easy for R-B to put up an impressive looking record when they schedule teams like Urban Prep Bronzeville (but, hey, they have a winning record, right?) and Menominee (445 enrollment) in non-con games. PC's non-con games this year were Lake Central (enrollment approx 3,200) and defending 7A state champ Wheaton North.
Convenient that you failed to mention the first sentence of my post where I clearly said PC had the stronger SOS. I was replying to a comment that said RB's schedule was no where close to where Provi's was and I was giving examples of how it's closer than people may think. That is why I limited my analysis to the regular season because that is what the comment I was replying to was referring to.

Ok, fine PC has wins over 3 teams with winning records, RB now has 9.

RB also has wins over two teams that are in the quarter finals in Morris and Rochelle.

All I'm saying is that this is going to be a better game then some suggest who are saying it's already a forgone conclusion that it's going to be Provi vs. SHG in the finals.

That’s not going to happen because they won’t beat RB. RB played a decent schedule this year and had wins over Morris, Normal West, and Rochelle. It’s not as difficult of a schedule as Providence played, but they will be ready. Providence will have a tough time slowing down the RB offense, and their special teams won’t save the day like they did against JCA. This is a more disciplined and sound team in RB. 30-17 Rockets.
Providence lost to Joliet Catholic, Wheaton north, Loyola,, and St Rita. I don’t see anybody on the RB schedule anywhere close to those four teams. Plus they are at home. I just do not see them losing to RB.

Providence lost to Joliet Catholic, Wheaton north, Loyola,, and St Rita. I don’t see anybody on the RB schedule anywhere close to those four teams. Plus they are at home. I just do not see them losing to RB.
I think people's hesitation to automatically give the win to PC is that those were the only good teams on PC's schedule and they lost them all. I think this will be one of the better quarterfinal games next weekend and either team could win but I just don't see PC running away with it.

Reactions: Gene K.
I think people's hesitation to automatically give the win to PC is that those were the only good teams on PC's schedule and they lost them all.
I guess the defending 5A state champs are no good in your book then. Fenwick would easily handle most teams in R-B's schedule except Morris.

I’m leaning to RB. They had a very good team last year and brought back 15 to 16 starters. That being said, I think that Coach Plantz’s first season at PC has been a big success. They play hard and are starting a lot of underclassmen. Good to see even for a JCA guy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT