ADVERTISEMENT

It's official: Holecek steps down at Loyola

Going to give him credit for the 4th state championship in Pritzker spring-season fiasco, best team LA EVER had and absolutely crushed that season with POY Pemberton.

so 4 championships in last 7 years, curious what is next?

Reactions: crusaderpride
Going to give him credit for the 4th state championship in Pritzker spring-season fiasco, best team LA EVER had and absolutely crushed that season with POY Pemberton.

so 4 championships in last 7 years, curious what is next?
I have heard fans from about 15 different schools claiming their spring team that year was their best ever and would have won a companionship. 🤣

Also for the record is the fact that LA handed MC their only loss in that short spring season.
Nope. MC lost to Brother Rice also. Finished 4-2
However your beloved Loyola Ramblers did complete a clean sweep of MC at every level that shortened spring season.

Reactions: Silver Rain
“This was our state championship,” Loyola senior Marty Auer said after the top-ranked Ramblers beat Mount Carmel 35-17 on Saturday in Wilmette.

Senior Vaughn Pemberton, a Ball State recruit, carried the load for Loyola’s offense. He had 23 carries for 125 yards and three touchdowns and caught four passes for 67 yards.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/2021/3/27/22354417/loyola-mount-carmel-high-school-football-chicago

so yes, 4* in 7 years

it's been good run
Self declared champs? 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️. Moral victory for sure. I’d have to point you in the direction of the 2-4 start for this years Nazareth state championship team. They don’t award prizes at halftime.

Congratulations to an outstanding coach and CCL legend. Few in the country can say they built a HS football powerhouse like he did in Wilmette. I hope his coaching days aren’t behind him for good because football minds like his deserve to be shared.

Also, just like that, MC’s Jordan Lynch becomes the longest tenured HC in next year’s CCL Blue. While time seemed to always move slower in the Chicago Catholic League than the rest of the area, a new era of CCL head coaches are upon us. The best thing about it, hardly any of them are new to the Blue. I’m sure Loyola’s next HC will be a top tier addition as well.

He installed an amazing system. Out of all the great Loyola teams he had, how many high profile D1 players did he have? You can probably count them on one hand. Numerous players to the Patriot and Ivy League. But he kept churning out the same player over and over again...I used to joke that it’s like they never graduate! They just changed numbers occasionally. Tip of the cap to you Coach! As a MC fan I won’t miss you but I do respect you. He’s two years younger then me so I know your not ready La Boca Vista Retirement home in Florida yet!

He is still a young wippersnapper, it will be interesting to see what the next chapter will be for him. Turned a good program into an elite program.

Reactions: crusaderpride
He installed an amazing system. Out of all the great Loyola teams he had, how many high profile D1 players did he have? You can probably count them on one hand. Numerous players to the Patriot and Ivy League. But he kept churning out the same player over and over again...I used to joke that it’s like they never graduate! They just changed numbers occasionally. Tip of the cap to you Coach! As a MC fan I won’t miss you but I do respect you. He’s two years younger then me so I know your not ready La Boca Vista Retirement home in Florida yet!
They are looking for a new condo board president at Del Boca Vista, which is right down the street from La Boca Vista.

• Haha
Reactions: McCaravan
interesting though how the announcement came just a couple days after testing weekend

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT