ADVERTISEMENT

Is MC the team to see this weekend

JCHILLTOPPERS

May 29, 2001
I have to say yes. If MC comes out, opens things up, and puts up big numbers...you have to wonder, do they stop losing kids to phillips, Florida St., et al...and if the kids stay...how quickly is MC back to being a regular top 5 preseason pick?

also in the catholic league...

Is PC's frsoh RB to player to watch week 1?

I have to say yes. If MC comes out, opens things up, and puts up big numbers...you have to wonder, do they stop losing kids to phillips, Florida St., et al...and if the kids stay...how quickly is MC back to being a regular top 5 preseason pick?

They are playing Hope. Regardless of what they run they should score at will.

Are they not playing Saturday at Northern Illinois? If Hope shows up Friday they will be surprised!

LOL yes I meant Saturday, my bad, I assure you Hope is prepared for this game. They may not win but it will be competitive. Hope returns 16 starters and will have their best team ever. Their QB will be the best player on the field.

Reactions: JCHILLTOPPERS
I’m sure Jordan is going to try out new west coast/spread offense to work out bugs before meeting the likes of LA and other CCL Blue teams. Hope won’t lay down but this game will be over by half. Caliber of talent is the difference.

PC freshman has already been moved up to Soph level but then again who hasn’t been with the low Soph team turnout this year. Don’t see him getting too much playing time considering PC has Martus, D Gavin, Wright and possibly Pignotti in the backfield plus a mobil QB in Conway. I’m thinking he is on sidelines for all varsity games to get the feel of that level of ball. If PC is on either end of blowouts then maybe he gets some carries.

The thing is I feel like MC is loaded with talent this year compared to the past couple years. I think they'd have been better than most realize under either Lenti or Lynch this year. Might not be a fair indicator.

And tell me more about this Hope QB.

The thing is I feel like MC is loaded with talent this year compared to the past couple years. I think they'd have been better than most realize under either Lenti or Lynch this year. Might not be a fair indicator.

And tell me more about this Hope QB.

Trevor Land, started since he was a freshman, which included just shy of 700 total yards against the eventual 2A state champs that year and 8 TD's though they lost 91-70. Huge running threat but will pass as well. Most of this team has started since they were freshman and will likely win the 2A title this year.

Game to see will be st Rita vs Jca. Especially if it rains. Favors JCA. Gonna be a great game.

MC will move the line of scrimmage 4 yards on every snap (both sides of the ball) this Saturday. Running clock in 2nd half. Hope's QB may be good, but he won't have any time to throw.

Reactions: dcaudle68
Trevor Land, started since he was a freshman, which included just shy of 700 total yards against the eventual 2A state champs that year and 8 TD's though they lost 91-70. Huge running threat but will pass as well. Most of this team has started since they were freshman and will likely win the 2A title this year.

Thanks.Any college offers yet?

One of MC players who left for IMG is back at MC I’ve been told, but with the 12 practice rule won’t be available until week 3 I believe.

The more I look into Hope it won’t be the cake walk everyone is saying, but Hope will be worn down before half. MC line averages 270. Davis is a 210 pound RB, that’s hard for Hope to tackle for 4 quarters. They’ll hang in there initially but I’m saying 41-14 MC

Reactions: caravan8
The outcome of the game is not in question. But should be interesting how much of the offense is changed. However they may not show much more than is needed to win keeping most of the new stuff under wraps till next week vs MS.

The more I look into Hope it won’t be the cake walk everyone is saying, but Hope will be worn down before half. MC line averages 270. Davis is a 210 pound RB, that’s hard for Hope to tackle for 4 quarters. They’ll hang in there initially but I’m saying 41-14 MC
That's what I thought last year against my Vikings, and we absolutely dominated the LOS on every snap. Hope played hard, but they're 2A for a reason.

Expecting the 210-pound Kyle Davis to have a monumental year. Beth Long called him a "downhill runner," and indeed he is, gaining speed and momentum with every step he takes.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT