ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting news @ MC

feeto

Aug 23, 2007
I'm hearing from a pretty good insider that this will be the last year for the Caravan at Gately. Next year they will be installing bleachers at the school field. I for one think this is a great idea........ However, I'll really miss those famous Gately Dogs.

Reactions: Gene K.
Are they finally acquiring that stretch of 65th Street?
I heard they finally are talking of taking hold of the old Loretto Academy.
LINK

Good move, MC has a nice campus. The couple questions I have are space for bleachers and space for parking...

Good move, MC has a nice campus. The couple questions I have are space for bleachers and space for parking...

It will be DelaSalle bad seating wise in current setup. Maybe Slightly better. They are trying to buy the land across the street to build a stadium.

I really did like Gatley....not a bad seat in the house....I don’t like the soccer lines because it’s hard to determine the goal line. I also believe kids getting wanded to eneter the stadium may have been scaring off potential incoming students and parents. I don’t think you needed to wand my 1st grader at a MC/Providence game.....

Gately Dogs will be moving to Woodlawn!

Gately Dog cooking facilities are being purchased by a rich alumnus .. the entire apparatus will be set up at 6410 Dante. Due to limited space, visitors will have to walk over to the home side for a Gately dog ... but it'll certainly be worth it.

Meanwhile, frozen Gately Dogs will be available at Whole Foods soon. Meat, bun and plastic bags of condiments will be together in one spectacular package.

Talks with Costco are underway ... Gately Dogs could replace their famous Polish Dogs.

Honestly, the personal safety factor between driving to Gately (coming in from the east) and driving to the MC campus will give me pause in making a game-to-watch decision.

I heard it is a cost thing more than anything else. The park district is getting a little crazy with what they are charging. Leo is going back to Rita for a few games this year (although I always thought Kroc was perfect for them) and I believe De La Salle is all turf now.

If U of C had lights that would be the best place for MC to play.

Reactions: McCaravan
With the Obama Library down the street and the gentrification sure to follow, people will be watching the games from their penthouse apartments.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT