ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana State association back on July 1st

Good for Indiana....can’t believe people are leaving Illinois in mind blowing numbers every year. Indiana is opening up completely by July 1st, and in Illinois, you might still not be able to go get a haircut. Unreal
I’m stealing this, “I can’t believe I can walk into a store to buy weed but I have to meet my hairdresser in a a dark alley with unmarked bills to get a haircut.”

I’m stealing this, “I can’t believe I can walk into a store to buy weed but I have to meet my hairdresser in a a dark alley with unmarked bills to get a haircut.”
Lol....love that! I swear, if I didn’t know any better, I would think we are on the brink of the apocalypse. Lol

Does anybody know if IHSA is meeting soon again? Can't find it on website. You would think they would be scheduling stuff soon to vote on giving the urgency of things....

Does anybody know if IHSA is meeting soon again? Can't find it on website. You would think they would be scheduling stuff soon to vote on giving the urgency of things....

They can't do anything with JBs current orders.

They can't do anything with JBs current orders.
They can't meet or have a virtual meeting under his orders? There's nothing preventing them from developing multiple contingency plans. Seems it would be very smart from a public relations and planning standpoint to let coaches, parents, kids, schools know that here are the plans: here is X date and what would be allowed. If season begins on X date the here is what we will do. Coaches can do this on X date. If season gets pushed back by X date then this is what it will look like. I believe these things will have to be voted on. Better not wait until June to start planning.

They can't meet or have a virtual meeting under his orders? There's nothing preventing them from developing multiple contingency plans. Seems it would be very smart from a public relations and planning standpoint to let coaches, parents, kids, schools know that here are the plans: here is X date and what would be allowed. If season begins on X date the here is what we will do. Coaches can do this on X date. If season gets pushed back by X date then this is what it will look like. I believe these things will have to be voted on. Better not wait until June to start planning.
I know the AD's and coaches are talking constantly about how practices will be conducted and what measures will be put in place in a number of different scenarios.

More like breaking up practices in small groups and/or spread them out throughout the day. I've heard a coach say if they (the coaches) have to be there all day they will and a parent say she'd take temperatures all day if that's what it takes. I'm actually a bit curious to see how kids perform in a variety of sports because of a layoff like this.

The difference between the big population counties and the little population counties is shocking....but not surprising.

Per the Illinois Coronavirus page, there are the following results in counties:
5 have had no cases yet at all.
5 have had only 1 case.
6 have had only 2 cases.
5 have had only 3 cases.
5 have only had 4 cases.
3 have had only 5 cases (Effingham 1 death).
3 have had only 6 cases.
2 have had 7 cases.
1 has had 8 cases (Bond 1 death).
6 have had only 10 cases (Shelby 1, Carroll 2 deaths).

7 more have 15 or fewer.
7 more have 23 or fewer.

Half the counties in the state have 23 or fewer total cases...

Chicago has 27,440...Cook County 19,249...Lake 4529...DuPage 4056...Will 3332...Kane 2331...McHenry 814.

I'm not sure how a state wide opening up will work...half the state probably can reopen right now with a stern warning to distance & wear a mask. The Governor & Mayor Lightfoot seem intent on the impossible...

Granville Putnam County & Golconda Pope County have no cases - they should have summer camp. But it isn't fair, I suppose, to let the 1A rural schools have camps and the Cook & collar counties have none...and the Governor literally just ducked the question.

Reactions: Anomalyout28
Yep watched him duck that question. He ain't going to make these decisions unless forced to. It's going to be up to citizens, superintendents, principals, parents, ADs, coaches, local government to put the pressure on ISBE and IHSA to say something, and say something soon.

The difference between the big population counties and the little population counties is shocking....but not surprising.

Per the Illinois Coronavirus page, there are the following results in counties:
5 have had no cases yet at all.
5 have had only 1 case.
6 have had only 2 cases.
5 have had only 3 cases.
5 have only had 4 cases.
3 have had only 5 cases (Effingham 1 death).
3 have had only 6 cases.
2 have had 7 cases.
1 has had 8 cases (Bond 1 death).
6 have had only 10 cases (Shelby 1, Carroll 2 deaths).

7 more have 15 or fewer.
7 more have 23 or fewer.

Half the counties in the state have 23 or fewer total cases...

Chicago has 27,440...Cook County 19,249...Lake 4529...DuPage 4056...Will 3332...Kane 2331...McHenry 814.

I'm not sure how a state wide opening up will work...half the state probably can reopen right now with a stern warning to distance & wear a mask. The Governor & Mayor Lightfoot seem intent on the impossible...

Granville Putnam County & Golconda Pope County have no cases - they should have summer camp. But it isn't fair, I suppose, to let the 1A rural schools have camps and the Cook & collar counties have none...and the Governor literally just ducked the question.
Perhaps it just boils down to being in control of all. We’re all on this ship called Illinois together and he’s the captain.

Yep watched him duck that question. He ain't going to make these decisions unless forced to. It's going to be up to citizens, superintendents, principals, parents, ADs, coaches, local government to put the pressure on ISBE and IHSA to say something, and say something soon.
The kids have no advocate in this

Reactions: IgorStL and Jenny27
The kids have no advocate in this
Under normal circumstances the citizenry would redress their grievances with decisions from the governor's office with contact to elected representatives. However, realistically I can not see many from his party breaking ranks in these circumstances. Statewide teacher unions, principal organizations, or school board associations could make their voices heard regarding school in the fall. Another route is the judicial system via lawsuits if the expectation exists for sympathetic rulings in opposition to JB. Another path, as now being taken by some brave faith leaders, is civil disobedience to rulings. Let's see where the chips fall when law enforcement tries to take down religious gatherings.

Waking up as your new governor (why not, everyone else is making it up as they go along), here is my deal:

Baseball, Softball, Football, Soccer fields, Hockey rinks and indoor/outdoor Basketball courts are to be opened immediately.

if you are 80 or older and need to roll an oxygen tank with you to breathe, you cannot go.

For the 50 to whatever age, after 8 weeks of this you know your health and you know your risk. You may get this novel virus (just like you might have gotten it at the Walmart you were just at too). You do not want this virus, breathing a satisfying breath once a half hour is not fun, while your lungs get permanently scarred and your organs begin to become desaturated. There are no known effective treatments (well there are but Edgy doesn’t want us playing doctor in his playground) that are allowed to be prescribed in this state. But you know the state of your health and the risk, you may get it and if you do get it you probably won’t die. Roll the dice or fans in this group can watch through social media and coaches in this group can also watch/coach through technology and let the younger assistant run the practices and games.

But the fields and arenas will no longer be off limits. Sun and exercise are never again off limits to our age 2 to 40 year olds. If you do not like my plan, stay inside. If you like my plan and get sick, I warned you. Everyone else: Play ball!!!

Waking up as your new governor (why not, everyone else is making it up as they go along), here is my deal:

Baseball, Softball, Football, Soccer fields, Hockey rinks and indoor/outdoor Basketball courts are to be opened immediately.

if you are 80 or older and need to roll an oxygen tank with you to breathe, you cannot go.

For the 50 to whatever age, after 8 weeks of this you know your health and you know your risk. You may get this novel virus (just like you might have gotten it at the Walmart you were just at too). You do not want this virus, breathing a satisfying breath once a half hour is not fun, while your lungs get permanently scarred and your organs begin to become desaturated. There are no known effective treatments (well there are but Edgy doesn’t want us playing doctor in his playground) that are allowed to be prescribed in this state. But you know the state of your health and the risk, you may get it and if you do get it you probably won’t die. Roll the dice or fans in this group can watch through social media and coaches in this group can also watch/coach through technology and let the younger assistant run the practices and games.

But the fields and arenas will no longer be off limits. Sun and exercise are never again off limits to our age 2 to 40 year olds. If you do not like my plan, stay inside. If you like my plan and get sick, I warned you. Everyone else: Play ball!!!
Very well said and I agree.

Again more insanity. If people are going to tout about being safe and listening to the experts, then they need to look at the studies that are showing no scientific evidence that kids transmit the virus too, not just that they don't really get it.

Disappointed to hear he is even considering no sports at all for 20-21 season. Let's start getting creative to make it work.

And to say it's possible to allow other parts of the state to participate but not others? Let's see the backlash on that.

Guess kids need to learn golf and tennis now in order to be able to do anything.

Last edited:
Today’s a really sad day. It was supposed to be the final day of school for many seniors in this state. A day to celebrate. A day that signaled the end to one facet of life and the start of so much more. I’m close to it as a dad of a senior. But my heart breaks for all these kids that have had their senior years indelibly scarred for ever. Just sucks in so many ways.

A friend told me the mayor of Lockport was on FOX32 this morning talking about being against the lockdown and may reopen before the end of May. I really hope this happens. This whole terribly thought out plan is starting to see some leaks and push back and it won't be very long before it starts to come apart at the seams.

I am sure you all know about the woman in Texas who owns a salon and opened to customers against orders. She was arrested, fined and sentenced to 7 days in jail. The courtroom video went national and the outrage quickly followed. The judge told her she was being selfish and wanted her to apologize for opening and being selfish. She refused to do that. She said she was open because she needed to feed her children and doing so wasn't selfish. That was when he gave her the jail sentence.

After the outrage grew and the governor got involved and she was released. Then in an interview I learned she has people who were working for her who were behind in their mortgage payments and as it turned out, she was also 2 payments behind in hers. A Gofundme account was set up for her and last I heard it had over $500,000 in it.

About a month ago, I came here and said if it came down to me working or losing my home I would go back to work. Lockdown or no lockdown. And one poster came here and really went nuts on me. I also repeated what I had said and added, "and so would other people." I knew I was right when I said it too. You'll see more of it if this continues. People aren't just going to sit by idly and lose their homes.

Today’s a really sad day. It was supposed to be the final day of school for many seniors in this state. A day to celebrate. A day that signaled the end to one facet of life and the start of so much more. I’m close to it as a dad of a senior. But my heart breaks for all these kids that have had their senior years indelibly scarred for ever. Just sucks in so many ways.
As a senior myself who had my final day of "school" today, I just wanted to send some well wishes your son's way and your's too. It may not be something that most people think of, but parents and families of us seniors have it rough too.
I had my senior track season taken away, but the one thing that worries me is if that will happen again next year, since I have a younger brother who will be a senior then. I will keep hoping and praying that the Class of 2021 gets the moments that we have missed out on.
Also, just wanted to say to everyone out there that has been supporting my class, thank you. There have been so many amazing signs of support, such as stadium lights being turned on. I think it especially means a lot to my senior class at my school because we at one time had a reputation as the "worst class" in my school's history, to the point that some teachers even told us that. But to have my community's and the entire state backing us means a lot. So thank you to everyone who has done anything at all to support us!

As a Highly Susceptible person mostly for health reasons (but only mildly old 57) I'll say this:

Let's cut the crap and start reopening, especially in the the lesser hit areas. Do not risk losing your livelihoods or homes or causing disastrous effects to your children, trying to make it safer for people like me and old people. I will continue to self isolate as long as I can and/or maintain my sanity.

The PREVENTION methods have officially become worse than the Virus itself. Just as we predicted in some now flushed threads 4-7 weeks ago.

As a Highly Susceptible person mostly for health reasons (but only mildly old 57) I'll say this:

Let's cut the crap and start reopening, especially in the the lesser hit areas. Do not risk losing your livelihoods or homes or causing disastrous effects to your children, trying to make it safer for people like me and old people. I will continue to self isolate as long as I can and/or maintain my sanity.

The PREVENTION methods have officially become worse than the Virus itself. Just as we predicted in some now flushed threads 4-7 weeks ago.
Amen brother!

As a senior myself who had my final day of "school" today, I just wanted to send some well wishes your son's way and your's too. It may not be something that most people think of, but parents and families of us seniors have it rough too.
I had my senior track season taken away, but the one thing that worries me is if that will happen again next year, since I have a younger brother who will be a senior then. I will keep hoping and praying that the Class of 2021 gets the moments that we have missed out on.
Also, just wanted to say to everyone out there that has been supporting my class, thank you. There have been so many amazing signs of support, such as stadium lights being turned on. I think it especially means a lot to my senior class at my school because we at one time had a reputation as the "worst class" in my school's history, to the point that some teachers even told us that. But to have my community's and the entire state backing us means a lot. So thank you to everyone who has done anything at all to support us!

well wishes to you too. I’ve covered track for the Herald in the past and this was normally championship season. Just sucks that you guys can’t experience your dreams of competing for a championship.

Is it too much to ask for a media member to ask J.B. about if waiting for a vaccine is possible since the last SARS-Cov attempt went bad and was never released and on top of that Is it the best idea to introduce this virus via vaccine into the most vulnerable immune systems as Bill Gates discusses in his April 10th CNBC interview?

So if you can’t answer these questions, admit that you have shut down the state indefinitely with no “unsuccessful vaccine plan B” and if you can answer the questions, do you personally accept the death count a vaccine (per the concerns of respiratory vaccines in general) may cause to our elderly and infirm population?

Is it too much to ask for a media member to ask J.B. about if waiting for a vaccine is possible since the last SARS-Cov attempt went bad and was never released and on top of that Is it the best idea to introduce this virus via vaccine into the most vulnerable immune systems as Bill Gates discusses in his April 10th CNBC interview?

So if you can’t answer these questions, admit that you have shut down the state indefinitely with no “unsuccessful vaccine plan B” and if you can answer the questions, do you personally accept the death count a vaccine (per the concerns of respiratory vaccines in general) may cause to our elderly and infirm population?
He would defer the question to Ngozi Ezike, who would then ramble on about "protecting every life." There is no plan B. It's become clear that there wasn't really a plan A.

https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/covid-19/county.htm
See these numbers updated from yesterday as example of too extreme measures as taken elsewhere, also. See Dane County (Madison) whose local county government decided this week to extended restrictions all the way until 7/15 given but 16 total deaths so far out of some 550,000 people. Check La Crosse County (almost 120,000 population) on the western WI border - only 32 total reported cases and 0 deaths to date.

Reactions: IgorStL
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT