ADVERTISEMENT

I'm looking for an HONEST assessment of JCA

Geez, I didn’t know offering an honest assessment in a forum asking for an honest assessment would be confrontational. Excuse me for misunderstanding. Lol

Reactions: MR. "T"
Geez, I didn’t know offering an honest assessment in a forum asking for an honest assessment would be confrontational. Excuse me for misunderstanding. Lol
Okay. I know I'm going to regret this, but here it goes.

I think you have to give Jaws some time to grow into the role of head coach. I'm not questioning your right to second guess his play calling. It's also pretty obvious that you have a son on the team. I'm just an alum, who still goes to many of the games. I don't have the amount of skin in the game that you do, so it's easier for me to be patient with a new coach growing into the play calling role and having final authority on personnel decisions.

I expect Jaws to be better in his second year as a head coach. I'm sure he went into the position at JCA with eyes wide open. And, I'm guessing he's not surprised that the honeymoon period seems to be over. Lets see how he does this year. I'm not trying to stifle your opinions. Just suggesting a little patience with a new head coach.

All that being said: fire away.

Okay. I know I'm going to regret this, but here it goes.

I think you have to give Jaws some time to grow into the role of head coach. I'm not questioning your right to second guess his play calling. It's also pretty obvious that you have a son on the team. I'm just an alum, who still goes to many of the games. I don't have the amount of skin in the game that you do, so it's easier for me to be patient with a new coach growing into the play calling role and having final authority on personnel decisions.

I expect Jaws to be better in his second year as a head coach. I'm sure he went into the position at JCA with eyes wide open. And, I'm guessing he's not surprised that the honeymoon period seems to be over. Lets see how he does this year. I'm not trying to stifle your opinions. Just suggesting a little patience with a new head coach.

All that being said: fire away.

Why would I fire away. I basically said it was jaws first year calling plays. I just offered an opinion on some of his play calling was questionable. We all hope and pray it gets better this year. Not nieve enough to believe you step right in and win championships. The point trying to be made was the players weren’t as bad as their record was. Just pointing that out. You had a first year def coordinator also. That’s why I think they have a chance this year. I hope I’m clear now.

Why would I fire away. I basically said it was jaws first year calling plays. I just offered an opinion on some of his play calling was questionable. We all hope and pray it gets better this year. Not nieve enough to believe you step right in and win championships. The point trying to be made was the players weren’t as bad as their record was. Just pointing that out. You had a first year def coordinator also. That’s why I think they have a chance this year. I hope I’m clear now.
Bad choice of words.....should have said post away.

And I appreciate the info you've provided on the team. Go Hill.

Jchill and pjjp, you are both right and basically saying the same thing! There is a new coach running things and you have to give him a chance to succeed! This board is an open forum. A forum where we should be able to voice are opinions without getting put down for it. The best part I see here is that you both love JCA and wants what is best for them! I think any program would love to have that passion and support from its parents, fans, and alumni!

Just curious. Jaws' bread and butter was calling and coordinating the defense. Why didn't he stick with calling the D as head coach and turn over the play calling to another offensive assistant coach or at least bring in someone with some experience calling plays? As for criticism, in today's world, it doesn't matter if you're a first-year or second year coach or in your 25th year as a head coach, people pour it on just the same. Coach Sharp was constantly second-guessed for his play calling, sometimes rightly so, other times, unfairly, and he is a coach who won multiple state titles for Joliet Catholic and IMHO restored the program to its rightful place in Illinois high school football. In other words, right or wrong, fan criticism goes with the territory. These coaches know it and have thick skins. I hope JCA has a year that vaults them back into the playoffs. They need it after a couple of down years.

Cumbaya!! Peace be made!! So rare in these threads - I was looking forward to a catbox dumpster fire thread developing so congrats for avoiding the dreaded thread fate!!

Coaches are not snowflakes - they know the peanut gallery fans have opinions and like to back seat drive and second guess from the stands!!

That said - got to give them a chance to get the ship righted and pieces and systems in place!! Very rarely is it a bunch of bad play calls that torpedo a game for a team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT