ADVERTISEMENT

IHSFCA all state teams

eireog

Oct 6, 2007
After looking at these selections I’m not sure why they even bother announcing these teams. 7A names 5 QB’s and the 2 best aren’t listed?

Reactions: Mr. Speed
After looking at these selections I’m not sure why they even bother announcing these teams. 7A names 5 QB’s and the 2 best aren’t listed?
I believe a coach has to nominate a player for them even to have a chance. Not 100% on that though.

I searched criteria, this is what I found:

Every IHSA member school was invited to nominate one female student and one male student by the February deadline. Nominees needed to possess a minimum 3.50 grade point average on 4.0 scale after their 7th semester, have participated in at least two IHSA sponsored sports or activities during each of the last two years and demonstrated outstanding citizenship.

I searched criteria, this is what I found:

Every IHSA member school was invited to nominate one female student and one male student by the February deadline. Nominees needed to possess a minimum 3.50 grade point average on 4.0 scale after their 7th semester, have participated in at least two IHSA sponsored sports or activities during each of the last two years and demonstrated outstanding citizenship.

That is for ACADEMIC all state athlete.

For all state you do not need any academic minimums except for being eligible to play.

I do think the players coach must nomininate their players to be in the pool for the ihsa to pick from. Many coaches do not participate in this.

If they would actually roster a full team for alll state I bet more coaches would participate. Some of the QBs on the roster will have to play Oline and DLine since there aren’t enough all state players to fill those positions on the all state team.

For academic all state you need to be all conference and also have a 3.5 or better I beleive.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dual-triple_threat
I’m assuming that the Simeon coach forgot to submit? Looks like some teams ended up with more than one player chosen. I wonder if there was a limit of 2 players per team? I like it better when these teams are voted on and announced after the playoffs end.

Reactions: BataviaDogs1
You can nominate as many players as you want. I am not sure how the winners are selected.

Reactions: eireog
Whose on the committee? Every head coach? A lot of grey areas and nobody seems to know exactly how it works.

Whose on the committee? Every head coach? A lot of grey areas and nobody seems to know exactly how it works.

There are 10-15 coaches on the "Board" who select kids nominated by their current coach. A form needs to be filled out and received by Nov 6th to be eligible.

Some coaches do not participate. All of this was explained last night by a parent who knows the system of how things work. A real All State team would have selected half of LWE roster.

If I'm wrong don't sue me.

Reactions: BEAST2018
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT