ADVERTISEMENT

IHSA Proposals Are Out

Report it to the IHSA with evidence and shut the program down. Anything less is just he said she said crap. If it’s common knowledge in your area then it will be easy to collect evidence.

The IHSA has been contacted, say they don't have the manpower to look into every claim they receive.. which to me is why the private schools should be separated, if they can't play by the rules in high school sports, let them suffer the consequences

Exactly. And football records not
There was time before when Julian was real good in hoops. Chicago hoops is based on the coaches and not the school. People move to play where they want.
Right, if you have a strong program kids are gonna go there public or private. And all different kinds of schools do things to get the best kids in.

The IHSA has been contacted, say they don't have the manpower to look into every claim they receive.. which to me is why the private schools should be separated, if they can't play by the rules in high school sports, let them suffer the consequences
Weak. Present the evidence. It’s common knowledge you say

Report it to the IHSA with evidence and shut the program down. Anything less is just he said she said crap. If it’s common knowledge in your area then it will be easy to collect evidence.

Or watch that kid transfer and see what kind of remaining balance he has now that he is leaving.

Exactly. And football records not

Right, if you have a strong program kids are gonna go there public or private. And all different kinds of schools do things to get the best kids in.

Exactly. If you have an opportunity to go to semion or WY for basketball its a no brainer.

Weak. Present the evidence. It’s common knowledge you say

Well private school fans here admit it happens, thats the evidence I need...

A few years ago Bishop Mac brought in 5 football kids from a junior high that was 100% low income... but all of a sudden they have $8K sitting around???? LOL

Yep, very impressive. Now do that within the confines of the public school district like the rest of us do. JCA is the only team that works hard and has a great system? I'm tired of hearing "we work harder" and "just get better"...….same rules for everyone or go off and play against teams that do play by the same rules as you do. You've won all those trophies in an unfair system and you're worried all that may suddenly become equal. That day will be celebrated by many my arrogant friend.
Yep, anyone who is possibly working hard to be the best they can be equals CHEATER. I forgot about that trump card up the sleeves of the Public Schools. That is so Politically correct and southern California of you. If I "have not" then you are cheating and corrupt.

Do. The. Math.

According to the most recent ISBE stats, there are 49,046 students enrolled in non public schools https://www.isbe.net/Documents/IL-Nonpublic-School-Enrollment-High-School-Graduates-County.pdf, and 641,852 students enrolled in public schools https://www.isbe.net/Documents/IL-P...UMBER-GRAD-HIGH-SCHOOL-DROPOUTS-BY-COUNTY.pdf With the exception of the small number of Illinois high school aged kids who are home schooled and enrolled in private schools in other states, public schools enroll 93% of the high school aged kids in this state.

Given that many kids in non-public schools don't play sports at all, that there are many counties that don't have any non-public schools, and that non-public schools all don't enroll all the top studs in each sport, it just boggles the mind that public schools whine like babies when they have SO MUCH TO WORK WITH.

You guys who say that private schools in the Chicago area have a recruiting base of millions just don't get it. If private schools could successfully recruit all the stud players that they want, don't you think that they would be a whole lot more competitive in general than they are?

Seriously, give me the NIPL. I'm SO done with the whining.

Do. The. Math.

According to the most recent ISBE stats, there are 49,046 students enrolled in non public schools https://www.isbe.net/Documents/IL-Nonpublic-School-Enrollment-High-School-Graduates-County.pdf, and 641,852 students enrolled in public schools https://www.isbe.net/Documents/IL-P...UMBER-GRAD-HIGH-SCHOOL-DROPOUTS-BY-COUNTY.pdf With the exception of the small number of Illinois high school aged kids who are home schooled and enrolled in private schools in other states, public schools enroll 93% of the high school aged kids in this state.

Given that many kids in non-public schools don't play sports at all, that there are many counties that don't have any non-public schools, and that non-public schools all don't enroll all the top studs in each sport, it just boggles the mind that public schools whine like babies when they have SO MUCH TO WORK WITH.

You guys who say that private schools in the Chicago area have a recruiting base of millions just don't get it. If private schools could successfully recruit all the stud players that they want, don't you think that they would be a whole lot more competitive in general than they are?

Are you saying the Highland and JCA are on the same playing field with getting football players? I am not a big fan of the whining however, I recognize there is a difference. ESL is different to Highland and I wouldn't want to see that game happen too often.
JCA didn't make the rules so to me its fair. People trying to pretend that there isn't a FOOTBALL advantage and people are complaining for no reason. Stop it. There should be no playoff scenario where Highland/ Mascoutah plays JCA. However I am all for ESL playing JCA! The system is the system. I think Montini, Naz, JCA, St. Rita, SHG and more should all be in 6A. Add ESL, Crete, Richards, PR, CG and Phillips. I think that is a great 32 that would be exciting to watch.

Last edited:
Yep, anyone who is possibly working hard to be the best they can be equals CHEATER. I forgot about that trump card up the sleeves of the Public Schools. That is so Politically correct and southern California of you. If I "have not" then you are cheating and corrupt.
I never said they cheat and you know it. They take advantage of an unfair system. And there are many,many people who agree with me. They just choose not to say it on a public message board. However, should it ever get to a vote I think you’ll find out. And you won’t like it. I hope that day comes soon. But for now I am not going to change your mind, and you sure as heck aren’t going to change mine. So good luck to you and your team and I’ll leave it there.

Reactions: Gene K.
Is there a bball thread ever about separation?
Seems like almost all publics in the super sectionals and finals.
Privates bring bball players in too so why is it one sided the publics way? Ones around here can't even get out to the sectional because of the public schools.

The proposal to split would put private schools with non-boundaried schools, so it would create a tournament for CPS schools and catholic schools. Suburban schools would be in the other tournament. Think about how that would look in Peoria or Bloomington.

Do. The. Math.

It is imperative that the IHSA Official Representatives examine the data from the latest ISBE Report Card and see if there are any noticable changes. From there, you layer that information with the data collected from sport participation. Conference stability, socioeconomic class evolution and athletic success with determine a lot of how these schools vote on the two big proposals we've spoken about in the last few days.

It's been a tremendous debate. As an Athletic Director, these would be very difficult conversations to have with a HS principal and/or Superintendent. So keep that in mind when you think about how schools will vote.

Are you saying the Highland and JCA are on the same playing field with getting football players? I am not a big fan of the whining however, I recognize there is a difference. ESL is different to Highland and I wouldn't want to see that game happen too often.
JCA didn't make the rules so to me its fair. People trying to pretend that there isn't a FOOTBALL advantage and people are complaining for no reason. Stop it. There should be no playoff scenario where Highland/ Mascoutah plays JCA. However I am all for ESL playing JCA! The system is the system. I think Montini, Naz, JCA, St. Rita, SHG and more should all be in 6A. Add ESL, Crete, Richards, PR, CG and Phillips. I think that is a great 32 that would be exciting to watch.

Yeah, they're on the same page. Just like those years that Morris and JCA were on the same page when Morris was knocking JCA out of the playoffs.

In 2009, JCA blew out Richwoods in the semis. The following year, Richwoods beat JCA in the quarters. Were they on the same page both years? Yes.

Sometimes you win, sometimes you don't. The problem is, and always has been, that public schools hate losing to private schools...especially in the playoffs. Truly, I think it galls them. Instead of looking for real reasons as to why they lost, they latch on to the expedient reason of how they can't recruit like private schools. It's so much easier to choose that excuse over doing some real soul searching and real analysis. After a while, and after a whole lot of similar whining takes place, it becomes a rallying cry for most public schools.

Reactions: Kevin JCHS 81
Yeah, they're on the same page. Just like those years that Morris and JCA were on the same page when Morris was knocking JCA out of the playoffs.

In 2009, JCA blew out Richwoods in the semis. The following year, Richwoods beat JCA in the quarters. Were they on the same page both years? Yes.

Sometimes you win, sometimes you don't. The problem is, and always has been, that public schools hate losing to private schools...especially in the playoffs. Truly, I think it galls them. Instead of looking for real reasons as to why they lost, they latch on to the expedient reason of how they can't recruit like private schools. It's so much easier to choose that excuse over doing some real soul searching and real analysis. After a while, and after a whole lot of similar whining takes place, it becomes a rallying cry for most public schools.

In terms of playoff success following 2009 and 2010, where does Richards land compared to JCA?

It is imperative that the IHSA Official Representatives examine the data from the latest ISBE Report Card and see if there are any noticable changes. From there, you layer that information with the data collected from sport participation. Conference stability, socioeconomic class evolution and athletic success with determine a lot of how these schools vote on the two big proposals we've spoken about in the last few days.

It's been a tremendous debate. As an Athletic Director, these would be very difficult conversations to have with a HS principal and/or Superintendent. So keep that in mind when you think about how schools will vote.
DJrody24: You sound too smart to be talking on this board. I really like what you said and it makes complete sense. Hope you can land an AD job somewhere in Illinois.

Thank you for proving the point. The same staff that was able to split with JCA obviously can no longer coach because Richwoods hasn't had any success since then right? How about JCA? How are they able to continue to have the same success every other year? If things were partially close, Richwoods should at least have 50% of the success JCA has had over the last ten years. Unfortunately Richwoods hasn't won a playoff game while JCA has won a couple of championships. In your mind, that's a level playing field. The private play for a championship every 3 to 4 years while the equivalent public school every 15 to 20 years. Sounds to me that you are more into bullying I guess. I work hard to be the meanest, toughest kid on the block. If you want to win, go through US. LOL.

Reactions: TigerforFlyers
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT