ADVERTISEMENT

IHSA Proposals Are Out

Not a fan of separating public and private...I think that would be a mistake for both...
No. It would be a very good thing for both. The stupid stupid stupid multipliers and success factors can go to Hell. Where they belong.

Patrick Drew (and Travis Mackey), your tables are ready!

No. It would be a very good thing for both. The stupid stupid stupid multipliers and success factors can go to Hell. Where they belong.

Patrick Drew (and Travis Mackey), your tables are ready!
I agree with getting rid of multipliers and success factors...but I feel like letting all teams (public or private)...compete in the same system...

I agree with getting rid of multipliers and success factors...but I feel like letting all teams (public or private)...compete in the same system...
You get rid of the private shackles — multipliers and success factors — then you might be on to something.

Ewww but privates can draw from 30 mile radii. Anyone that doesn’t think this is sufficiently offset by having to pay >$10K per annum isn’t being objective.

Posted this on the sticky thread with same topic with stats used in proposal:

So, private schools have won approximately 55% of games recently played against public schools and private’s have appeared in a championship game approximately 35% of the time of recent. And these numbers are supposed to be compelling to cause a separation of public and private schools? Give me a break!

Last edited:
You get rid of the private shackles — multipliers and success factors — then you might be on to something.

Ewww but privates can draw from 30 mile radii. Anyone that doesn’t think this is sufficiently offset by having to pay >$10K per annum isn’t being objective.
Agreed, let privates keep doing what they are doing...as long as everyone plays by the rules established we get to see great football from both sides...players, coaches and fans benefit...even us lonely refs benefit ...

Posted this on the sticky thread with same topic with stats used in proposal:

So, private schools have won approximately 55% of games recently played against public schools and private’s have appeared in a championship game approximately 35% of the time of recent. And these numbers are supposed to be compelling to cause a separation of public and private schools? Give me a break!

Give you a break? What is the percentage of Private Schools versus Public Schools as a whole? Why so afraid to have a private school only division? If you don't think it's an advantage to recruit players versus hoping the kids in the neighborhood can come together and compete then you are totally lost.

Give you a break? What is the percentage of Private Schools versus Public Schools as a whole? Why so afraid to have a private school only division? If you don't think it's an advantage to recruit players versus hoping the kids in the neighborhood can come together and compete then you are totally lost.

Using the same proposal and their numbers the private’s account for 27 percent of schools and have appeared in 35% of championship games. Appeared in not won. That is not that steep of a differential.

I think proposal 4 could be a pretty big deal. It essentially would have all votes for proposals posted online where it shows who voted for what, as well as who just didn’t vote. On a related note, I’d like to see a proposal that allows schools to only vote on sports that they have/have taken action to start. So essentially soccer proposals could only be voted on by schools who play soccer or who are starting a soccer program is an example.

I think separation of public and private could be voted in.

Really?...I am personally not for it..curious though, why do you think it has a chance?... Or is it just your personal belief?

The removal the multiplier from most teams plus move to districts is all leading to a separation. Things like MC going 2a in wrestling and JCA 2a in baseball are things that will move towards the publics trying to separate.

If it gets on the final ballot in I think it will pass.

If the separation proposal for the playoffs is voted in, then it must be TOTAL SEPARATION. No crazy proposals from either group that the winners of the public and private championships face each other to determine overall state champions. If the members vote for the separation - then stick to it. You wanted it, live with it. I'm only sorry that the IHSA will get a cut of the gate receipts from the private school games.

If the separation proposal for the playoffs is voted in, then it must be TOTAL SEPARATION. No crazy proposals from either group that the winners of the public and private championships face each other to determine overall state champions. If the members vote for the separation - then stick to it. You wanted it, live with it. I'm only sorry that the IHSA will get a cut of the gate receipts from the private school games.

Not if they completely break away from the IHSA for football.

Reactions: mchsalumni
Using the same proposal and their numbers the private’s account for 27 percent of schools and have appeared in 35% of championship games. Appeared in not won. That is not that steep of a differential.
I didn't look. So out of all 516 high schools 27 percent are private ...
You seem irritated... Why are the private supporters so nervous to separate. Isn't about leveling the playing field? Put all 120 private schools in 1 division. I think its great.

Not if they completely break away from the IHSA for football.
I wonder how schools like LWE and MS vote on separation. Win the large school public class and then not be rated at the top of the Tribune or Scum-Times polls. If they truly break off I think they do not have to adhere all or any of the IHSA rules. Finish behind LA, MC, SR...... in the large school class. Mid sized class JCA, Montini, and others.

They would have to leave the IHSA. Keep gates for their playoffs. It was comfortable enough since 1974 to not leave on their own.

But separated is enough. Why leave the administering to faceless bureaucrats? The private’s don’t run their schools that way, why run their sports that way. Like I said before, they have because the 1974 marriage was just comfortable enough. IHSA votes to divorce, go back to doing it on your own.

Partner with a great streaming partner instead of a dud. Strong alumni will buy the subscriptions to see their school play on a quality service. You can tell the interest in private schools just on this site alone. You always hear the, “Is this just a CCL site”. The private school haves can look to a more Midwest conference with Indy and Milwaukee, Detroit. Bring spring football back, IMG, Midwest boom it a bit, get the colleges interested again in Chicago area football talent.

Sky’s the limit. Just needed the incentive to do it or do something different.

I wonder how schools like LWE and MS vote on separation. Win the large school public class and the not be rated at the top of the Tribune or Scum-Times polls. If the truly break off I think they do not have to adhere all or any of the IHSA rules. Finish behind LA, MC, SR...... in the large school class. Mid sized class JCA, Montini, and others.
Yep. And montini and jca will never win a state title again. Lol

You seem irritated... Why are the private supporters so nervous to separate. Isn't about leveling the playing field? Put all 120 private schools in 1 division. I think its great.
Not nervous at all. Excited.

Reactions: bhawks
I think many privates would stay in the IHSA if some others broke away. Not all have the donors to compete against teams not named Plano and Lasalle-Peru.

I think many privates would stay in the IHSA if some others broke away. Not all have the donors to compete against teams not named Plano and Lasalle-Peru.
I think many privates won’t stay.

Be very careful what you wish for.

The coaches that proposed to elimination of District football seem to be mostly from public schools. I was told that the privates were told by these coaches that they had this. If everyone makes the playoffs for the most part I see no need for separation to have private and public playoffs. Could it pass? Maybe.

But I see the big push for expanded playoffs and no District Football. I think none of the coaches that put together the new playoff structure vote for separation. Rochester is up in 5A this year. They are afraid of nobody. I think the vote against it. But if the lose to a private and vote for separation the abuse they would take would be tremendous. The winning public programs will vote against it. But remember school administrators vote not the coaches.

And you understand how many private schools have closed or programs have closed in Illinois since 1974, correct? Being a member of the IHSA didn’t save those programs, and staying a member won’t save vulnerable programs.

Like I said, the marriage has been comfortable enough not to leave, separation changes this.

Game on!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT