ADVERTISEMENT

If you wanna see the Flyers ....

Y'all have basically told us every play of the season. Especially the flags. There is more?

No offense, but don;t; you guys sing this same song practically every year?

Recently, my guys beat you two years successively, although posters on this board predicted blowout victories for ESL

You might well have the best team in the state, but why not wait 'til the season's over before you go on with all this blethering.

I know that I blow MC's horn, but only after the season's over.

I do look forward to you and PR having a great game Saturday. Good luck to both of you.

Recently, my guys beat you two years successively, although posters on this board predicted blowout victories for ESL

You might well have the best team in the state, but why not wait 'til the season's over before you go on with all this blethering.

I do look forward to you and PR having a great game Saturday. Good luck to both of you.

Crusader is an Althoff guy who roots for southern illinois. No ESL person predicted a blow out against MC. Stop it. Yes people predicted a win but never a blowout. Too much respect for the program. It will be a tough game on Saturday period.

Reactions: Gene K.
Crusader is an Althoff guy who roots for southern illinois. No ESL person predicted a blow out against MC. Stop it. Yes people predicted a win but never a blowout. Too much respect for the program. It will be a tough game on Saturday period.

Sooooo......if read between the lines....no respect now for PR?

I'm waiting for the PR fans to talk about how they are disrespected on this thread. Does PR get a lot of penalties? Asking for a friend! LOL
Only offensive holding:D:D

Seriously though, without actually looking up statistics I would say fewer than average. PR is a pretty disciplined team. That discipline is A large part of the teams success. When you typically don’t have D1 talent you have to find ways to make up the difference to be competitive . Just like every other team that has played football in the world we get some unfavorable calls and some favorable calls.

Last edited:
Gene
Working the PR fans! Nice
The other Flyer thread was getting too much for me. Hell there was even a disagreement over Montini being in 5A on it. At least the posters on this thread aren't getting over bearing as some in the other thread. Tired of hearing about no respect and too many penalties. Damn, the Flyer kids are excellent football players but PR also has some too. The best HS football team in Illinois in 2019 is never going to be resolved so let the kids play the games and may the best teams win.

I am however, hoping that the kids in the game demonstrate sportsmanship and high character regardless of who wins. My favorite football player of all times was Walter Payton who had those characteristics. He was a class act who after scoring would most often simply hand the ball to the ref and not do anything to disrespect the other team. Young teenage football players could learn a hell of a lot from his example. Remain humble and respect the other team. I am truly hoping that PR gives the Flyers a great game and I suspect they will.

I never predicted a blowout. MC is one team I hold my tongue about. We respect the program.

I never predicted a blowout. MC is one team I hold my tongue about. We respect the program.
And PR too. We don’t take any team lightly. Especially a proven program. My guess is that the triple option will cause problems for us. PR has their offense mastered. However, my intuition says the Flyers will have too much gas. If and I say if, we can bottle up PR running game, then the game turns one sided. PR is not a great passing team so that will play into our hands. Saturday can’t get here soon enough!!!

The other Flyer thread was getting too much for me. Hell there was even a disagreement over Montini being in 5A on it. At least the posters on this thread aren't getting over bearing as some in the other thread. Tired of hearing about no respect and too many penalties. Damn, the Flyer kids are excellent football players but PR also has some too. The best HS football team in Illinois in 2019 is never going to be resolved so let the kids play the games and may the best teams win.

I am however, hoping that the kids in the game demonstrate sportsmanship and high character regardless of who wins. My favorite football player of all times was Walter Payton who had those characteristics. He was a class act who after scoring would most often simply hand the ball to the ref and not do anything to disrespect the other team. Young teenage football players could learn a hell of a lot from his example. Remain humble and respect the other team. I am truly hoping that PR gives the Flyers a great game and I suspect they will.

Well said, Gene, well said!

I would not sleep on pr in this game!

Reactions: Tez711
That has little to do with all the talk on this board though. Lots of "----------- Cut Here ------------" posts last few days.

I mean, it's a part of Edgy lore.

Only offensive holding:D:D

Seriously though, without actually looking up statistics I would say fewer than average. PR is a pretty disciplined team. That discipline is A large part of the teams success. When you typically don’t have D1 talent you have to find ways to make up the difference to be competitive . Just like every other team that has played football in the world we get some unfavorable calls and some favorable calls.

And I remember that one, but it went uncalled...

If I remember correctly. You casually mentioned, it congratulated PR and moved on.

It may have been a little more than a “casual” mention! . I think the CG/PR rivalry is one of the better ones in the state today and it has been great watching them battle it out and represent the FVC in the playoffs and championship games. Rooting for them tomorrow!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT