ADVERTISEMENT

How did the "New Caravan" look?

feeto

Aug 23, 2007
Can someone who was at the game please report. What did the new offense look like? How many times did they throw the ball? I assume the defense stayed the same, was it? How did the coaching staff do?

I wasn't at the game, but I followed every tweet from Edgy, Mike O'Brien, and the CBN. Judging from the score, which has virtually stayed the same for the last three years, Carmel played like Carmel and Hope played like they didn't have a prayer. Edgy said Carmel ran a ton, and accordingly all six Carmel touchdowns came from short and lengthy runs: Two from Radomir, one from Davis, one from Kieran Conjar, one from Lynch's brother Justin, and a kickoff return by Eddie McGee. It seems like they can run at will, so they're probably saving their pass plays for Maine South and Loyola, who are being set up to expect the same old veer option. But I believe that they will see a very different machine.

Last edited:
And just when you thought the post in the Benet/St. Larry’s thread was as ignorant as they come, in steps THE “NewFool”!

I wasn't at the game, but judging from the score, which has stayed the same for the last three years, Carmel played like Carmel and Hope played like they didn't have a prayer. All six touchdowns were on runs: Two from Radomir, one from Davis, one from Kieran Conjar, one from Lynch's brother Justin, and a kickoff return by Eddie McGee. It seems like they can run at will, so maybe they'll do both next week, run and air it out against Loyola.

Rad threw 17 passes in 3 quarters of play, that maybe a MC record!

Believe it or not, Lynch had more passing attempts than rushing attempts at NIU. Maybe he didn't have the receivers. I don't think Carmel will be one dimensional. I think it will be a juggernaut, a blitzkrieg with both ground and aerial forces. Not sure Maine South can stop it.

Last edited:
No it’s American for “the guy who recognizes jagoffs”. Maybe The Caravan will be good or even great this year but your posts are over the top when you claim that “you’ll run at will on Loyola” and that “the offense is to much for Maine south to stop”. You beat Hope...congrats.

Jwarigiku. Is that Swahili for jagoff?

Yes, such as that guy who picked Hinsdale Central over Naperville. Or all those guys who were gushing over Phillips in the first few minutes of the game. There were also several votes for Fremd over Lake Zurich, Rita over JCA, and Michigan City over H-F. As for me, I'll eat my slice of humble pie and apologize to Rice fans. But not to the Swahili.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bowie50
No it’s American for “the guy who recognizes jagoffs”. Maybe The Caravan will be good or even great this year but your posts are over the top when you claim that “you’ll run at will on Loyola” and that “the offense is to much for Maine south to stop”. You beat Hope...congrats.

I don't think this fool guy went to MC.

Hey NewFool,

Good luck to your freshman son...I hope he plays well, enjoys his 4 years, and most importantly remains healthy! I’m certain you will gain perspective over his playing years.

Yes, such as that guy who picked Hinsdale Central over Naperville. Or all those guys who were gushing over Phillips in the first few minutes of the game. There were also several votes for Fremd over Lake Zurich, Rita over JCA, and Michigan City over H-F. As for me, I'll eat my slice of humble pie and apologize to Rice fans. But not to the Swahili.

Jwar... we might not have been on the same page always, but you nailed this one!

Based on his claims I’m curious if he’s related to our HF friend. Has Iggy returned as a Caravan faithful?

I don’t care who the hell you are, nobody will ever run at will on a Rambler team. Our semi final team from last year only has 9 returning on defense, so I hope we can stay in the game past the first quarter.

Maybe Inserra will forfeit to save the embarrassment?

Hey, MC63, I got up every morning and took the 63rd St. bus from Racine to Stony Island just so I could have the privilege of going to Mount Carmel. I didn't have a car like you.

Swahili, you need to sharpen your reading skills or hire a proofreader.
I didn't say that they could "run at will on Loyola." I said that "they seem to be able to run at will," meaning on Hope and maybe on Maine South and Loyola. And I never said that "the offense is too much for Maine South to stop." That's a pure fabrication. I did say it's pretty clear that they have a strong running game, their bread and butter during the Frank era. My point was that Lynch was holding back on the passing game in order to spring some surprises on their next two opponents.

At least Bowie50 got the point of my previous post and took it in good humor.

But you know what? This board is just like high school.

PRokie,

It’s all good, he doesn’t have the same feel as the Goldendomer so I think we are good there. There are a few other characters that have been around the board over the years, but he’s seemed to gain a little perspective perhaps already with his lack of response, so I’ll just write it off as an overzealous first time freshman parent. I love his enthusiasm, but the claims were a little nauseating. Actually would have made our 2014 NazPosse blush.

Jwar... we might not have been on the same page always, but you nailed this one!

Based on his claims I’m curious if he’s related to our HF friend. Has Iggy returned as a Caravan faithful?

I don’t care who the hell you are, nobody will ever run at will on a Rambler team. Our semi final team from last year only has 9 returning on defense, so I hope we can stay in the game past the first quarter.

Maybe Inserra will forfeit to save the embarrassment?

NewFool,

Okay so I was wrong you didn’t gain any perspective yet. You do realize when you edit your posts the post gets marked? Next time I will copy your entire post so that it’s saved.

You clearly stated that “it seems like they can run at will, so maybe they’ll do both next week, run and air it out against Loyola”

Again they beat Hope congrats. I hope your freshman is doing well on this second week of school.

Hey, MC63, I got up every morning and took the 63rd St. bus from Racine to Stony Island just so I could have the privilege of going to Mount Carmel. I didn't have a car like you.

I didn't say that they could "run at will on Loyola." I said that "they seem to be able to run at will," meaning on Hope and maybe on Maine South and Loyola. And I never said that "the offense is too much for Maine South to stop." That's a pure fabrication. I did say it's pretty clear that they have a strong running game, their bread and butter during the Frank era. My point was that Lynch was holding back on the passing game in order to spring some surprises on their next two opponents.

Reactions: PRokie
PRokie,

It’s all good, he doesn’t have the same feel as the Goldendomer so I think we are good there. There are a few other characters that have been around the board over the years, but he’s seemed to gain a little perspective perhaps already with his lack of response, so I’ll just write it off as an overzealous first time freshman parent. I love his enthusiasm, but the claims were a little nauseating. Actually would have made our 2014 NazPosse blush.

Naz Posse!! Yes More please! I missed out on that! Did’nt know about the site back then. I tried to convince the JCA guys to posse up,.. but don’t think I convinced any of them:(

Swahili, a clarification: I did say in a second post that I was "Not sure Maine South can stop it.," expressing both faith in the team and an element of doubt, which is usually a sensible approach, especially this early in the season.

I used the word "maybe" for the same reason, as in "maybe they'll do both next week..." It's just like taking the ACT. You have to read the whole sentence and measure every word.

By comparison, this PRokie guy, who probably has a drawerful of Loyola underwear, made the categorical statement that "nobody will ever run at will on a Rambler team." The guy sounds pretty sure of himself, kind of like Donald Trump or Kim Jong-Un.

Last edited:

I took three busses from 95th and Kedzie to get to Carmel. I got my first car when I was 24.

Please quit making those ignorant insulting posts. You embarrass my school. Thank you.

First time I’ve been accused of even wearing underwear! Rambling we may have to edumacate this one!

What is most hysterical about the Loyola underwear remark is the big huge Maine South helmet you have right above your name. Not too perceptive, that guy.

Reactions: MS4EVER
I know Right!
Regardless of my patronage I am confident in suggesting nobody is going to run at will on an LA team... I’ve never known it to happen and cannot foresee it ever happening. Now, whether or not that statement deserves a comparison to the President or a Dictator I’m not too sure, but I’ll stand by what I said!

Methinks “newfool” might want to just go with “fool” from here on out so we cannot confuse his stupidity as “new”.

I took three busses from 95th and Kedzie to get to Carmel. I got my first car when I was 24.

Please quit making those ignorant insulting posts. You embarrass my school. Thank you.

Ignorant? I was there in '63, but I didn't see you in honors class.

Last edited:
2017-dodge-grand-caravan.png

Look about the same.

Reactions: PRokie
I know Right!
Regardless of my patronage I am confident in suggesting nobody is going to run at will on an LA team... I’ve never known it to happen and cannot foresee it ever happening. Now, whether or not that statement deserves a comparison to the President or a Dictator I’m not too sure, but I’ll stand by what I said!

Methinks “newfool” might want to just go with “fool” from here on out so we cannot confuse his stupidity as “new”.
Henning did a pretty good job last year.

Henning did a pretty good job last year.
He absolutely had a terrific game no question...but not running at will.

The only time I can suggest running at will that I’ve actually witnessed was Matt Perez in the State Championship against Hinsdale in 2009. 316 yds and 5 tds. That’s running at will.
I might be wrong but I don’t think AJ had quite that big of a night against LA.

Swahili, thanks to you and all these other enlightening characters, my perspective is now as broad as the open, unfenced distances of the American West.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT