ADVERTISEMENT

Home stretch

BR beats MC 2-1 in a pitchers duel. Lockport lost. BR should remain clear favorites in 4A the rest of the way.
I think Naz knocked off Laurence in 3A. They were up big.

Chatham scored 5 in the first and held on to beat Mahomet 7-4 in 3A. They play Triad in the Decatur Super-sectional Monday. Chatham has 2 very good starting pitchers and a solid closer. The offense doesn’t hit for power, but there are no easy outs in the lineup.

Reactions: Gene K.
BR beats MC 2-1 in a pitchers duel. Lockport lost. BR should remain clear favorites in 4A the rest of the way.
I think Naz knocked off Laurence in 3A. They were up big.
Caravan played great - some opps in first few innings which they didn't capitalize on - Rice game vs LWW will be a tough one then if fortunate to get by you got Edwardsville in semi's (yikes)

Caravan played great - some opps in first few innings which they didn't capitalize on - Rice game vs LWW will be a tough one then if fortunate to get by you got Edwardsville in semi's (yikes)
4A is a bloodbath

I'd have to say these playoffs in 4A have been one of the more entertaining stretches in many years. Lots of upsets, walkoffs, etc. Great baseball.

I have no idea how LWW ended up in supers. God bless them for having to face Rice now. I really think a Rice/Edwardsville game would be electric.

Well it looks to me like LWW is 25-6 against 4A competition so I don’t think we are going to look past them.

Saw some discussion on pitch counts. Not sure of the matrix, but in the playoffs it goes up by 10 an outing. So the max per game is now 115

If the rain washes out today, and I know it’s turf, but if it’s heavy rain as predicted and lightning you can’t play, then some rotations will be effected. Pitching Tuesday May keep them out the weekend

Well it looks to me like LWW is 25-6 against 4A competition so I don’t think we are going to look past them.
You're right, shouldn't overlook them. They beat some good teams. I just don't see how they can possibly match up with Rice. Maybe it's their time and a great run, as we know with baseball single elim anything can happen. I just never expected them to get out of that Lockport sectional. For sure thought Lockport, East, or Provi would pull it off.

Reactions: Gene K.
Edwardsville walks off PN 3-2. PN Ace was not on the mound, don’t know when he threw last

Reactions: RPG24
In 3A, Chatham beat Triad 3-0. Zane Danielson threw a 2-hit shutout. Parker Detmers, who went 6 and 2/3 innings on Saturday against Mahomet, and Danielson are a very strong 1-2 combo.

Reactions: USD24 and RPG24
BR/LWW postponed to tomorrow. This may hurt the weekend plans with the pitchers.

Fenwick / Crystal Lake not restarting that game today is a horrible decision by The IHSA, it’s a 2 run game in the super sectional, FINISH THE GAME

Reactions: rocketnation
2-1 McHenry, 11 innings.

Was just following on gamechanger, so don't have real details, but 2 out, 2 strikes, double scored 2 for McHenry. (Batter before singled with 2 strikes too).

Fenwick / Crystal Lake not restarting that game today is a horrible decision by The IHSA, it’s a 2 run game in the super sectional, FINISH THE GAME
That sucks....who was losing Fenwick? By rules it’s an official game though.

2-1 McHenry, 11 innings.

Was just following on gamechanger, so don't have real details, but 2 out, 2 strikes, double scored 2 for McHenry. (Batter before singled with 2 strikes too).
McHenry trailed 1-0 with two outs in bottom of 11th. Kid hit a line drive double both score McHenry to state. While Rice and Eds will get all the hype don’t sleep on this team. Very deep pitching and good balance up and down the lineup.

Reactions: rocketnation
Had a chance to see Rice yesterday against LWW for the first time. I'd be hard pressed to recall a better catching prospect than Zion Rose. He checks all the boxes....arm, defensive skills, quick bat and ridiculous athleticism.

Reactions: RPG24
Had a chance to see Rice yesterday against LWW for the first time. I'd be hard pressed to recall a better catching prospect than Zion Rose. He checks all the boxes....arm, defensive skills, quick bat and ridiculous athleticism.
I saw him Saturday and again earlier this season. You don’t find too many catchers batting lead off! I have no intel on Edwardsville except that they are good at every sport, but they better have an ace ready to face that BR lineup

I saw him Saturday and again earlier this season. You don’t find too many catchers batting lead off! I have no intel on Edwardsville except that they are good at every sport, but they better have an ace ready to face that BR lineup
Agree he is one of the better IL catchers I've seen in a long, long time. Thought LWW pitcher proved his worth limiting that Rice offense to 5 hits. Walks killed him. But Van Assen was unreal. Wear hitters had no answer for that slider. Sucks that he is out for state, but I like Rice's chances with Warda on mound vs Eville. Good run for LWW, nobody thought they would make a run like that.

Agree he is one of the better IL catchers I've seen in a long, long time. Thought LWW pitcher proved his worth limiting that Rice offense to 5 hits. Walks killed him. But Van Assen was unreal. Wear hitters had no answer for that slider. Sucks that he is out for state, but I like Rice's chances with Warda on mound vs Eville. Good run for LWW, nobody thought they would make a run like that.
I don't know about that. They were the #8 ranked team in the state at the end of the regular season and the #2 seed in their sectional.

BR lost 7-4. Up 3-0, they made a real bad error and the wheels seemed to come off right after

Reactions: Silver Rain
The 3A final is a matchup between a team that has relied on dominating pitching versus a team that is scoring lots of runs. In the four games since the sectionals started, Chatham has only allowed 5 runs. Their starting pitcher in the finals, Zane Danielson, has not allowed a run in his last two starts. Nazareth has scored 38 runs in the last 4 games, including 16 in the semis and 10 in the super-sectionals. Should be a good game.

Reactions: Silver Rain
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT