ADVERTISEMENT

Hitters 37 Swagger 21 start 4q

MS4EVER

Gold Member
Dec 4, 2004
Tough game to handicap. The only common opponent is GBS. Hitters winning 42-0 and Swagger winning 23-16. Both teams are hot! The key will be if MS can stop the ground and pound. Both will score.

24-14 Swagger

MS QB1 is back? I'm sure that means a world of difference.

"The key will be if MS can stop the ground and pound. Both will score."
Seems like a good assessment. How is MS D versus the run?

I really believe this will be a great game - one which MS will pull away and win in the 4th qtr. Football wise, both teams can play. I think it comes down to Coaching and Coaching Staffs, and specifically, the post season experience of the staffs. While GW has been here before, it's been a long time. MS in a quarterfinal is just about as reliable as the season starting in August.

Great matchup against two storied programs. Both seem to be playing their best ball of the season and with almost all their stars back playing. Maine South has been stout of defense in the first two rounds. Glenbard’s run game seems to be clicking. Expecting a low scoring battle. Ultimately I think the home field and Inserra’s magic touch in the playoffs are the difference. One possession game and maybe even OT. Swagger 17- Hitters 13.

Chilly one tomorrow evening at Maine South.
I’ll go Swagger 27 GWS 21
Son is begging me to go to the game. Have a friend’s party though. Will need to follow along online.
I also have to ask - and I’m embarrassed to but I must - is Swagger a nickname used on here or is it really a moniker used for Maine South in general? And if so, where did it originate?

It’s used here, and who the hell knows why. Things are always morphing here. I grew up in that neighborhood. Ref the youth leagues in PR, coached several former players, went to the proms, hang out at Holts and BOTW…. and even my B-I-L is a former Hawk. I know three generations of MS kids. Other than the late great George Mougolias, (may he Rest In Peace), no Maine South kid has ever had swagger. They’re Park Ridge kids… Preppy and dorky. The MS kids I coached would “come home” for our alumni day and ask to play the theme from Taxi for basketball warmups. So lame. Don’t get me wrong, they’re usually really good at football. Great athletes and tough. But swaggy? To me, it’s absurd.

GW 20
MS 16

Reactions: NapervilleBuck
Hi y’all. I have the PXP call for the game for NFHS this weekend. Just me, no analyst. Talked to both coaches this week, saying the same things you all are. Control the clock, get off the field on 3rd down. Chad wants to run, Dave worries about offensive efficiency.

I’m shaking off the rust after not doing football for 6 years. Hope y’all enjoy it!

Chilly one tomorrow evening at Maine South.
I’ll go Swagger 27 GWS 21
Son is begging me to go to the game. Have a friend’s party though. Will need to follow along online.
I also have to ask - and I’m embarrassed to but I must - is Swagger a nickname used on here or is it really a moniker used for Maine South in general? And if so, where did it originate?
Many, many, many moons ago here in Edgyland there was a poll called the DSR(Dark Side Rankings ). It was made of Edgytim Scholars. One of them was named JCHILLHILLTOPPERS. He did most of the writing for them. I petitioned to have MS called Swagger High. The rest is history.
They also came up with other clever names!

Many, many, many moons ago here in Edgyland there was a poll called the DSR(Dark Side Rankings ). It was made of Edgytim Scholars. One of them was named JCHILLHILLTOPPERS. He did most of the writing for them. I petitioned to have MS called Swagger High. The rest is history.
They also came up with other clever names!
Beast, Hollywood, Martini(when they were good), P-Tine(with a 1994 Mike Burden reference). Lots of good names way back when.

It’s used here, and who the hell knows why. Things are always morphing here. I grew up in that neighborhood. Ref the youth leagues in PR, coached several former players, went to the proms, hang out at Holts and BOTW…. and even my B-I-L is a former Hawk. I know three generations of MS kids. Other than the late great George Mougolias, (may he Rest In Peace), no Maine South kid has ever had swagger. They’re Park Ridge kids… Preppy and dorky. The MS kids I coached would “come home” for our alumni day and ask to play the theme from Taxi for basketball warmups. So lame. Don’t get me wrong, they’re usually really good at football. Great athletes and tough. But swaggy? To me, it’s absurd.

GW 20
MS 16
Ha. Well, I didn’t grow up in Park Ridge but two blocks from the stadium now. I will say I was a good athlete growing up but my profession does tend to be categorized as perhaps ‘dorky’ so I’ll take that as a compliment. And definitely frequent Holt’s and BotW.

GW 20
MS 16
Have to disagree. Using last years team as an example, as tough as they come and loaded with swagger. That team was undersized but was able to intimidate from the first snap of every game. It is a trait that is proudly passed down from every team to its next year’s successor.

Streaming radio on Glenbard West WGHS

Too cute by GBW on that drive. At 3rd and 5 averaging 8 yards per carry they throw it and kick a field goal. Why not run the ball twice there? Gives up at least four points and Keeps MS offense off the field to prevent them scoring

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT