ADVERTISEMENT

Help my find my new team!

Who should be my team in 2020?

• Elmwood Park (Local public school where my parents live)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

guerinfbfan

Sep 25, 2005
So, we have all likely by now heard that my alma mater, Guerin, will be closing for good at the end of the year.

So I need a new team to support.

So let's start a discussion and poll.

Sell me as to why I should support your team!

St.Patrick and Notre Dame are not an option!

Reactions: eireog
A few follow up questions:

1. Are you an underdog kinda guy or do you want to watch your team compete for state year in and year out?

2. do you prefer Friday night games or Saturday afternoon games?

3. Brown? Or, Maroon and Gold? Seriously? This is a no-brainer.

4. Do you enjoy traffic?

1. Are you an underdog kinda guy or do you want to watch your team compete for state year in and year out?

4. Do you enjoy traffic?
Also where do you work, could matter for Friday night games.

Reactions: Bowie50
Don't leave it up to us to tell you who and why.

Your gut says it can't be ND or Pat's, and I get it (those HC rivalries die hard). Go with who your gut is telling you to go with, or maybe your best bet is to be a free agent for a while and shop around your allegiance.

If you choose Leyden, then know you will be seeing lots of West Suburban Gold teams. EP will bring you all those Metro teams you have been seeing with Guerin. Loyola, MC and JCA will bring you CCL/ESCC teams.

You are welcome to hop on the LA bandwagon, but I'm sure you would be welcome anywhere.

4. Do you enjoy traffic?

I do prefer an underdog

We always played on Saturday, but I work on Saturdays so...

Colors dont matter

I hate traffic

You’ve earned the right to be a total wagoneer. Pick an underserved team or two and just go with it.

Reactions: guerinfbfan
We’d love to have you on board the brotherhood of the Don. We’re pretty good at basketball the next couple of years too. You’ve gotta dislike Pat’s more than us from the Battle of Belmont days. I know you’re a Celestine’s guy from your posts, so you probably have some ties there to the Shamrocks. Whomever you choose is getting a good guy and fan. I’m sorry to see Guerin go.

We’d love to have you on board the brotherhood of the Don. We’re pretty good at basketball the next couple of years too. You’ve gotta dislike Pat’s more than us from the Battle of Belmont days. I know you’re a Celestine’s guy from your posts, so you probably have some ties there to the Shamrocks. Whomever you choose is getting a good guy and fan. I’m sorry to see Guerin go.

I actually dont hate ND all that much. I do have a few kids I know and kids I've coached that have gone to or are currently at Notre Dame. The rivalry was more of a perception that the NND kids were better than us, which I cant confirm isnt true .

St.Pats tho....I just cant say anything nice about them

Maybe take a year off and becoming the traveling football fan, visiting places you have never been before and classic matchups...and mix them up...maybe see some small town powers matchup (maybe a Wilmington-Coal City or Byron-Stillman Valley game), maybe some majestic stadiums (LaSalle-Peru or Sterling perhaps)...maybe visit Lena-Winslow for a conference game...or hit the monster matchups..

I actually dont hate ND all that much. I do have a few kids I know and kids I've coached that have gone to or are currently at Notre Dame. The rivalry was more of a perception that the NND kids were better than us, which I cant confirm isnt true .

St.Pats tho....I just cant say anything nice about them
What’s the beef with St Pat’s?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT