ADVERTISEMENT

HC Openings

I would not claim that JCA had great facilities. Although I would say Joliet Memorial is a nicer place to play than Forest View.

I was reffering to their inside facilities, weight room, pool, indoor track. Im comparing to the other programs on the list. The last game I was at was in 2010, the field maybe not the best, wasnt awful.

I was reffering to their inside facilities, weight room, pool, indoor track. Im comparing to the other programs on the list. The last game I was at was in 2010, the field maybe not the best, wasnt awful.

Got it. I would agree with that. On a side note, Viator has really improved their baseball facilities. They have a great set up now. When I was in school, they did not even play on campus.

Hearing rumors of a major coaching change down South. Guess we will know after a board meeting tonight.
Only real schools that I would consider after this quote would be Edwardsville, East St. Louis, Rochester, or Sacred Heart Griffin. Given the board meeting comment, it probably would have to be a public school....

The Flyers may be looking for a new coach after the board meeting tonight. Just speculation at this point but I have a pretty good source who says its "very likely".

So am I my friend. No word out of East Side yet, which would probably mean no major shake-ups. Everyone I know involved have been very quiet since last nights board meeting.

All I know is that there was a school board meeting last night and it was expected that some shake-ups might occur. I haven't heard what took place at the meeting, or if the topic of a coaching change was even discussed. Maybe my source jumped the gun, but he usually dont text me out of the blue unless there is a little smoke.

FYI, the same source also kept me informed on the strike earlier this year. Every update was spot on so I would assume he has a good feel for the district.

All I know is that there was a school board meeting last night and it was expected that some shake-ups might occur. I haven't heard what took place at the meeting, or if the topic of a coaching change was even discussed. Maybe my source jumped the gun, but he usually dont text me out of the blue unless there is a little smoke.

FYI, the same source also kept me informed on the strike earlier this year. Every update was spot on so I would assume he has a good feel for the district.

I would assume the person that informed you may have a lot to do with the shake up attempt. Not many people outside of the one's involved know much about it.

Reactions: flyerforlife
Well my guy had nothing to do with the shake up, but he did tell me about an incident that occurred at the beginning of the football season with Sunkett and a fellow teacher. http://www.bnd.com/news/local/article50125825.html

Its all starting to make sense now. Two claims filed against him this year is not good. Now the fact that his job was in question makes sense.

His job or anyone else job will never be in question based on random files of a verbal confrontation. Something physical, maybe so. One happened at the school in September with no suspension or anything. Obviously it was nothing as well as this article. Individuals have the right to "claim" anything they like. If it were true charges would have been filed. There was NOTHING on the board minutes discussing discipline for this coach.

Probably smart for the school board not to discuss what sounds like an ongoing legal investigation at this point in the process.

If one coach rumored to have put in for Sandburg gets the job, i'd pay to see the interaction with the parents of 230.

Just crazy....horrible situation and has any Coach of the Year been fired weeks after being named Coach of the Year?
Yep, instead they kept a guy with one year tenure in the district who had a 4-5 record. Someone stated that coach was close with the Superintendent??
Czart also teaches the highest level AP math classes taught in the district.

Yep, instead they kept a guy with one year tenure in the district who had a 4-5 record. Someone stated that coach was close with the Superintendent??
Czart also teaches the highest level AP math classes taught in the district.
He should go north/nw/west with that AP calc experience.

Cordell should be Riff'd with the rest of the 1st year guys and Czart should be HC. Why is the union involved!

I dont want to see anyone lose their job ever but what is right is right!

Does Czart even want to go to LWC? Maybe it was a possibility but he didn't want to.

USD,
There is very little reduction in number of teachers during this transition, so I believe that he would still retain his teaching position.

I think you are correct BWM. The number of kids aren't reduced, just the number of schools.

I am surprised that besides closing the doors to North the next step wasn't reduction in teachers... salary and benefits are the most costly thing to the district.

there will be an increase in class sizes... and they lose some of those salaries... esp the heavy admin ones...

Czart is going to be a HC somewhere... knowing the type of coach that he is, it will probably come back to bite the decisionmakers is the @$$

I am surprised that besides closing the doors to North the next step wasn't reduction in teachers... salary and benefits are the most costly thing to the district. there will be an increase in class sizes... and they lose some of those salaries... esp the heavy admin ones...
Czart is going to be a HC somewhere... knowing the type of coach that he is, it will probably come back to bite the decisionmakers is the @$$
Outfit, they really aren't cutting many of the Admin staff either, just moving them around.
Where is our man "SPORTHOG9ER"???
He normally weighs in with his inside knowledge of what is going on in the 210 district, has he disappeared??

Your closing a school. how can you NOT be reducing your largest cost to your district. Salaries are more expensive than Nicorbills.

There has to be some reduction in force. We will hear about them come late march/early April sadly.

Isn't Andrew and Sandburg open? collective bargaining might limit years for someone coming in

Your closing a school. how can you NOT be reducing your largest cost to your district. Salaries are more expensive than Nicorbills.
Outfit, they have already stated very little in teacher reductions.
Not sure if minimal teacher reductions will put much of a dent in the over a half a BILLION in bond debt facing the district.
Where is SPORTHOG9ER????
He has the inside knowledge.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT