Cahokia
Fisher
St. Teresa
Paris
Vandalia
Lincoln
Proviso West
Niles North

I would like to hear which of these is the best opening and why?

Niles North and Buffalo Grove are high paying schoool districts, which will make those jobs attractive to some candidates.

I say none because none of them are consistent winners. Niles North has 2 wins in playoff history: This year.

Does a HC make any additional money other than what a school district pays? Seems like the highest paid stipends are about $12k?

Evergreen Park is a good job.

This year ended a streak of four consecutive playoff appearances (Not sure if that's consistent enough for Gooms). If it isn't, the Mustangs advanced to the quarters, semis and second-round in the first three years of that run.

Plenty of talent in the community. It's a matter of keeping some of the kids home instead of them ending up at privates, which Barry (Hinsdale South) and Hartman (Hinsdale Central) were able to do before they left for bigger jobs.

This year ended a streak of four consecutive playoff appearances (Not sure if that's consistent enough for Gooms). If it isn't, the Mustangs advanced to the quarters, semis and second-round in the first three years of that run.

Plenty of talent in the community. It's a matter of keeping some of the kids home instead of them ending up at privates, which Barry (Hinsdale South) and Hartman (Hinsdale Central) were able to do before they left for bigger jobs.

This is what I get for skimming the list and not seeing Evergreen Park. OK, 1 school out of 18.

Evergreen Park seems like a perfect spot for a Catholic League guy...Dare I say the name..........S---e N-e

Prep . . . I beg to differ with you. There is a reason Barry & Hartman left EP. EP doesn't keep kids from going to the Catholic Schools, they just win with what they have which is smallish kids that are somewhat athletic. Their run of those type of athletes the last few years is falling off and is why this job isn't as attractive anymore. When a team goes to the Quarters (8-4), the Semis (9-4) and the Second Round (10-1) along with beating Richards 2 times in 3 years and you still can't get kids to go there instead of the Catholic Schools, then you know its only a stepping stone job. Plus I heard the last HC that they just let go was the Only coach in the building. All other coaches are out of building which makes building a program difficult when you are the only one able to monitor your student athletes.

On a slightly different note, I am hearing there is very low interest in the Maine South A.D. job.

The lack of interest so far in this job says otherwise. At least that is the word on the street. Maybe they will check to make sure the first coach they offer the job to this time is actually high school certified and not K-9.

Still trying to figure out how the AD didn't lose his job after that one MC140!

Not trying to start any rumors, but how about George Czart or whatever LW coach does not get a gig?
Maybe the guy was let go to get Czart, no inside knowledge here. But, I would have to imagine he would be at the top of a list of candidates.

District 230 doesn't give years of experience for teaching, so any outside candidate would have to be a young guy or someone willing to take a tremendous pay cut to go to Sandburg or Andrew for that matter!

District 230 doesn't give years of experience for teaching, so any outside candidate would have to be a young guy or someone willing to take a tremendous pay cut to go to Sandburg or Andrew for that matter!

I would be curious to see the list of coaches that apply at Andrew then the list at Sandburg. Obviously some of them will be the same but I have a feeling a few more will apply only at Sandburg.

That is not entirely true, a few years ago there was a coach lined up at SB and given years of service, but wanted to bring some assistants with and was denied. Said coach was then hired at another school shortly after.......

All.... As of today .... Chatham Glenwood. I would think this might draw substantial interest. Ratsy

Hearing an ESCC coach to Evergreen Park. Another CCL coach putting in all over trying to get out of the Catholic School system.

Marian Cath, ex-C-M guy for EP? Seems like him or Galante of Shams would even be looking.

Marian Cath, ex-C-M guy for EP? Seems like him or Galante of Shams would even be looking.
My first guess would be Verde of Marian as well. Almost seems like a no-win situation at Marian. They could not even field a freshmen team this year.

My first guess would be Verde of Marian as well. Almost seems like a no-win situation at Marian. They could not even field a freshmen team this year.
Yeah I suppose it could be him, he's a Marian grad though. He and Maloney are the only names that really popped into my head as a coach that would even be looking to leave where they're at now. I just wasn't sure Verde would really be looking to leave his alma mater but maybe he's accepting defeat to HF?

If Im a head coach, the best option is Viator. In a good area of talent, not competing with many other private schools, very nice facilities, and they have had success in the past. In the mid 2000's they were in the top tier of the ESCC. Does Viator have problem have other issues that Im not aware that would prevent players from going there? I havent been there since 2010, but even then I thought they had excellent facilities and they were located in an area of good talent. Compared to the other schools on the list Viator seems to have a much better floor, with potential.

Yeah I suppose it could be him, he's a Marian grad though. He and Maloney are the only names that really popped into my head as a coach that would even be looking to leave where they're at now. I just wasn't sure Verde would really be looking to leave his alma mater but maybe he's accepting defeat to HF?
HF is just one competitor, also C-M ironically enough. And not enough tradition to pull in kids from the (relatively) upper income areas of neighboring Lake County IN (e.g. Schererville Lake Central, Hanover Central, Munster, Highland)

If Im a head coach, the best option is Viator. In a good area of talent, not competing with many other private schools, very nice facilities, and they have had success in the past. In the mid 2000's they were in the top tier of the ESCC. Does Viator have problem have other issues that Im not aware that would prevent players from going there? I havent been there since 2010, but even then I thought they had excellent facilities and they were located in an area of good talent. Compared to the other schools on the list Viator seems to have a much better floor, with potential.
Great facilities? They don't have a football field on campus.

...then JCA should be their inspiration - the same 4.5 miles distance from stadium to campus.
I would not claim that JCA had great facilities. Although I would say Joliet Memorial is a nicer place to play than Forest View.

I would not claim that JCA had great facilities. Although I would say Joliet Memorial is a nicer place to play than Forest View.
It is, after all, a ju-co stadium. A reminder of the need for more juco programs in the state.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT