ADVERTISEMENT

Glenbrook South vs Urban Prep Englewood

Yes. One extreme or the other, it's still an extreme and not a good match. There are still a sh!t ton of schools in the middle to choose from.
Do you know that to be fact?
I don't believe there are many to choose from.

Their coaches likely took the game to get money for their program. CPS does not give athletics teams any money. It has to be fund raised or allocated by the principal. I have seen CPS football teams show for games car pooling like they were a youth program.[/QUOTE]

What a shame that CPS with all the money it gets from tax payers and from the state of Illinois can't do right by its athletic programs which keep kids off the streets and away from gangs. Too much money spent on other stuff such as administrative and other salaries so not enough left for athletics. Feel for those kids who are being shorted.

I heard Lloyd Carr came to GBS to watch tape on him.
Her watched 1 play. Anderson making a tackle on the

Do you know that to be fact?
I don't believe there are many to choose from.

There are ALWAYS teams looking for games. Schools find them on the IHSA open dates web page. It is my understanding that many games also get scheduled through coaches' networks.

Greater Chicago area teams publicly looking for 2018 varsity games in week one:

Simeon
Bishop Mac
Nazareth
Johnsburg
Geneva
Neuqua Valley
Naperville North

O'Fallon is looking for a week one game for 2018 and 19 for those that want to travel.

Missing from this list above are any CPS schools without week 1 games. I seriously don't believe that every single CPS school has a week 1 game for next year all wrapped up at this point. I would imagine that there are a number of schools, CPS and non-CPS, that simply have not started to look for week 2018 1 games at this point.

So, yeah, I would say many.

There are ALWAYS teams looking for games. Schools find them on the IHSA open dates web page. It is my understanding that many games also get scheduled through coaches' networks.

Greater Chicago area teams publicly looking for 2018 varsity games in week one:

Simeon
Bishop Mac
Nazareth
Johnsburg
Geneva
Neuqua Valley
Naperville North

O'Fallon is looking for a week one game for 2018 and 19 for those that want to travel.

Missing from this list above are any CPS schools without week 1 games. I seriously don't believe that every single CPS school has a week 1 game for next year all wrapped up at this point. I would imagine that there are a number of schools, CPS and non-CPS, that simply have not started to look for week 2018 1 games at this point.

So, yeah, I would say many.
Again you have no idea how hard it is to find a game. Especially if you're looking for a game you can win.

The "work harder" meme is easy to believe when your on the team that blows everyone out.
I never said ANYTHING about work harder, I said not get blown out by 60 points. I never said anything about winning or better yet win a championship.

There's definitely ways. I played on a team my junior year where the first three days after finals we were at school practicing from 6am-830pm. That's not a typo either. We worked not as long, but just as hard the rest of the summer. We started 2-1 and then lost the next 5 by running clock. Largely due to the fact that we only have 35 kids on the team. 8 of which seniors, only 5 of those 8 actually played any significant time. The rest were almost all juniors with the exception of two sophomores (our QB and a two way lineman). So while I do understand your logic, let me assure you that it is all too possible (and haunts my dreams).

What were the results the following year?

Again you have no idea how hard it is to find a game. Especially if you're looking for a game you can win.

I have acknowledged multiple times that it is easier said than done. Nevertheless, it gets done.

And, again, if you are of the opinion that a 42-0 victory over a 1-8 much smaller CPL school from a less competitive CPL conference was the best that GBS could have done or hoped for in their search for a game they could win, then you are welcome to it. Hope you'll give me a similar courtesy and allow me to be welcome to my opinion that they could have done better than that.

I have acknowledged multiple times that it is easier said than done. Nevertheless, it gets done.

And, again, if you are of the opinion that a 42-0 victory over a 1-8 much smaller CPL school from a less competitive CPL conference was the best that GBS could have done or hoped for in their search for a game they could win, then you are welcome to it. Hope you'll give me a similar courtesy and allow me to be welcome to my opinion that they could have done better than that.
I talked recently to Fenwick's AD. Now I know they were expecting a bit of a rebuild so they wanted a little bit of an easier non con but he said they contacted every team that was open, that made sense, and most said no or flat out didn't respond. Fenwick didn't officially reup Bowen until a few months ago, that was last minute panic time. Obviously the end result isn't good and I agree they shouldn't be scheduling Bowen but it's very hard to find a game quite often, unless you're a powerhouse or are at a point with your conference schedule where you can afford non con losses.

Let them schedule whoever they want. Naz has such a soft non conference schedule too. Last year they went 1-8 with a ton of close losses. Maybe the coach wanted them to get a win early and not end up starting 0-7 with a pretty tough schedule.

This place is getting bad. Seems like every thread turns sour because of a few posters.

Reactions: MS4EVER
Let them schedule whoever they want. Naz has such a soft non conference schedule too. Last year they went 1-8 with a ton of close losses. Maybe the coach wanted them to get a win early and not end up starting 0-7 with a pretty tough schedule.

This place is getting bad. Seems like every thread turns sour because of a few posters.
Who went 1-8? Agree on the thread, lots of experts here.

Hammond High dropped HF from their schedule. Not only does everyone make the playoffs in Indiana and have districts, it is a random draw.

Did the people at your school know that Phillips was going to be this good? They were the 4th best team in 4A last year, lost a few D1 kids.. and there is a HUGE difference between 8A football and 4A

Everyone knew Phillips would be good based on their activity during free agency. They always seem to land some CCL blue chips.

Reactions: RockSoup
6-3 and lost to a nationally ranked MC team in the second round

So the hard work did pay off? It's just hard for me to believe a team that put the work in continuously get beat by 60. It may happen but, I am sure it is vary rare.

So the hard work did pay off? It's just hard for me to believe a team that put the work in continuously get beat by 60. It may happen but, I am sure it is vary rare.
In the long run, yes. Just giving you an instance of how it still could happen.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT