ADVERTISEMENT

Glenbard West

Okay,

After extensive research, mulling over articles, watching numerous hudl videos, watching practices, talking to folks, looking at the GBW playbook so carelessly left in the flood waters of last weeks monsoon, but magically not wet. After back and forths with undercover agents and watching last years games. After scouring the ihsa site for records. After analyzing recent and past history I have come to a conclusion of who I think will win this game.

Glenbard West comes in one of the most successful programs inthe state and certainly the top public school. A team so bad they have their own name, Hitters, that the rest of the school doesnt use. They have a stable of running backs and linebackers and the right coach to mold them into champions and win a ton of games.

But not tomorrow. Got to pick my guys to not only cover the 55 point spread, but to win the game outright and give the GBW seniors their 1st loss and start the season out on a high note.

Okay,

After extensive research, mulling over articles, watching numerous hudl videos, watching practices, talking to folks, looking at the GBW playbook so carelessly left in the flood waters of last weeks monsoon, but magically not wet. After back and forths with undercover agents and watching last years games. After scouring the ihsa site for records. After analyzing recent and past history I have come to a conclusion of who I think will win this game.

Glenbard West comes in one of the most successful programs inthe state and certainly the top public school. A team so bad they have their own name, Hitters, that the rest of the school doesnt use. They have a stable of running backs and linebackers and the right coach to mold them into champions and win a ton of games.

But not tomorrow. Got to pick my guys to not only cover the 55 point spread, but to win the game outright and give the GBW seniors their 1st loss and start the season out on a high note.
The fact you are going with the Brook does not help your reputation as being a sandbagger. Although, this tells me you are high on the Raiders this year. Should be a great game.

Okay,

Cheers to you Bones! I think this will be an excellent game. I just happen to believe our offense will be more in tune that yours. New OC's bring new concepts and ways of doing things, but most often, it takes a little bit of time to secure the buy in and get everyone rowing in the same direction. It will interesting to see what happens after the first two drives. My bet is that Brook scores on at least one of them, likely the first. Then the fun starts where Hetlet adjusts, gets everyone's attention and the dog fight is on.

The thing about GW's offense is that the kids have been running the exact same plays with the exact same footwork for four years now. Last year our first few games were on the loose toupee so it did not look pretty. Starting this year on turf will help immensely. I see GW being good for 24 pts.

I think this will be our strongest starting 5 LBs across the board in years. I hear 2009's were pretty amazing, but I have only seen the state game from that year. And those 5 guys do not include Goleash who moved to S. Throw in Big Cat Moorehead on the DL and a couple of brawling wrestlers and I see Brook being limited to 14 points.

I still think the spread is 3.5, but I guess I would be giving the points, but definitely believe this could be a last possession game.

Cheers to you Bones! I think this will be an excellent game. I just happen to believe our offense will be more in tune that yours. New OC's bring new concepts and ways of doing things, but most often, it takes a little bit of time to secure the buy in and get everyone rowing in the same direction. It will interesting to see what happens after the first two drives. My bet is that Brook scores on at least one of them, likely the first. Then the fun starts where Hetlet adjusts, gets everyone's attention and the dog fight is on.

The thing about GW's offense is that the kids have been running the exact same plays with the exact same footwork for four years now. Last year our first few games were on the loose toupee so it did not look pretty. Starting this year on turf will help immensely. I see GW being good for 24 pts.

I think this will be our strongest starting 5 LBs across the board in years. I hear 2009's were pretty amazing, but I have only seen the state game from that year. And those 5 guys do not include Goleash who moved to S. Throw in Big Cat Moorehead on the DL and a couple of brawling wrestlers and I see Brook being limited to 14 points.

I still think the spread is 3.5, but I guess I would be giving the points, but definitely believe this could be a last possession game.
No difference with West having a new OC as well?

Or does it even matter? Does Hetlett have that much control?

No difference with West having a new OC as well?

Or does it even matter? Does Hetlett have that much control?

Same OC. Have a new QB coach, but yes, he has that much control.

We basically run 6 plays from 6 formations, give or take, to each side of the field.

The thing that GW has had a tough time with the last few years is the monster MLB that plays inside out well. WWS, LZ, Brook and to a certain extent HS all had beasts.

Biggest key to this game will be turnovers. GW likes to put hats on the ball and generally frees up a few opportunities, especially with most RBs and WRs coming off a Summer of two-hand touch.

[EDIT] I was corrected that we did switch OCs this year. Old OC moved down to HC sophs and old RB coach has assumed OC duties in the box. But Hetlet is ultimately calling the plays

Last edited:
I have no idea what to expect from Brook tomorrow night, but must assume they will be good on both sides of the ball. Their new OC adds an interesting element to the game, in that GW will be in the dark as to what to expect from them. They will play well and play hard, and they have outstanding coaching.

I do know something about GW (and no, I do not have a son playing at GW, now or at anytime in the past). GW defense is going to be very good right out of the box.But they face an unknown element in the new Brooks offense. This is an upgraded GW defense from last year, and my question is, is the Brooks O upgraded, too? And sufficiently upgraded to make a difference.

On the other side of the game, the Brooks D will be fired up and ready to rumble. They are big strong and quick. A handfull, for sure. But, GW will sport a balanced attack. The big question is: can they make the 15-20 yard pass? Assuming the running game will be similar to pre-Brodner years, if they can hit those passes, they are going to move the ball -- a lot.

I have no idea about scoring, and expect a good game. So, the outcome of this game, imho, comes down to this: Has Brooks improved enough from last year's team to beat an even better GW team?

Well, that was a fun game. I thought the Brook was very tough on D, and their O was very effective of pressing GW's D. In fact, for a while there, I thought GW was going to run out of gas. Glad they don't play 5 quarters. I thought Brooks had a very good QB and their receivers are very fast. They will be a hand full for the next 8 weeks.

I thought GW was very effective on defense. But, the offense needs to work on timing, and the passing game is farther along than I thought it would be at this point in the season. I also thought the O line broke down a few times, but that will be fixed soon.

All in all, a good game 1 for both teams. HS is next on the list. More on them after I look at there game later.

21 will be fine. Spoke to him in 4th quarter and it was just cramps.

It was a very hard fought game. I think your OC will be very successful. He seemed to put the kids in position to make plays.

So many flags I guess we can blame first game sloppiness

Sorry I didn't get a chance to say hey. Got to chat with the rest of your crew. Enjoy the rest of the season. Hoping it clicks for you guys and hope we avoid that monster oline in the playoffs

21 will be fine. Spoke to him in 4th quarter and it was just cramps.

It was a very hard fought game. I think your OC will be very successful. He seemed to put the kids in position to make plays.

So many flags I guess we can blame first game sloppiness

Sorry I didn't get a chance to say hey. Got to chat with the rest of your crew. Enjoy the rest of the season. Hoping it clicks for you guys and hope we avoid that monster oline in the playoffs
Yeah, looks like some tinkering needs to be done, but I can see the potential. I would have liked to have seen some deep shots taken. I think it was there for us at least to try.

Bones,

I am sincerely sorry...truly thought the Brook would come out on top. Next week your backups should be playing by the end of the half.

Yeah, looks like some tinkering needs to be done, but I can see the potential. I would have liked to have seen some deep shots taken. I think it was there for us at least to try.

I don't see any need to be sorry for Brook. They have all the makings to make a huge run. QB has poise and is shifty. He will improve his accuracy each game. The offensive line is hugely impressive. The running backs are tough and fight their tails off.

Take away a bad snap on a punt and that game is 10-7 with Brook possibly looking at a tying FG in last seconds. I do not want to play Brook in week 12 - 14. Assuming those guys have the heart they showed last night and that the coaches build and learn and keep the team together, they will be a huge force.

We all came away with enormous respect for Brook. There is no need for sympathy for those cats. This game could fuel a very successful season.

Bones,

Your boys will be okay and when they get clicking could be amazing. How's Zay?
Depends on the severity. According to my google doctorate it could be 2-3 weeks to 9 months. Hate to see it ever happen, especially to a kid in his Sr year.

I think the offense will be fine too. Not everyone plays D like GBW and we were breaking in new pieces in the most important spots... QB and OC. Man the one I like the most is the one you never hear about, Jazontae Howard.

I was really impressed with Ivlow at the right guard. Opening up holes for Lebron and Howard. Seemed like he was pancaking a Hitter mostly every play. But yeah going back to Lebron and Howard, those are 2 special kids running, catching, and even blocking. Bones, you guys are going to have really special group this year. It's week 1 and much more time to improve.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT