ADVERTISEMENT

Glenbard West

Just remember that my offer to take Brook +11 stands

I think this is going to be a tight game on a hot track.

We're just talking what the spread SHOULD be. Obviously time wont allow for it to get to 65.
Bones you guys will be fine. You have 10 returning starters on offense. You have very talented receivers in Kendall Smith & I'Shawn Stewart. An experienced O Line, lead by John Ivlow & Jack Eken. Then your runningbacks Jazontae Howard & Jeremiah Lebron. Then you got Green May and Mallory at the D Line. Should be pretty tough

Bones you guys will be fine. You have 10 returning starters on offense. You have very talented receivers in Kendall Smith & I'Shawn Stewart. An experienced O Line, lead by John Ivlow & Jack Eken. Then your runningbacks Jazontae Howard & Jeremiah Lebron. Then you got Green May and Mallory at the D Line. Should be pretty tough
Sounds like propaganda.

the question of home field advantage had come up

@ LWE we are 0-5
vs LWE at home we are 4-3

@HF we are 6-1
vs HF at home we are 3-3

@Sandburg we are 6-2
vs Sandburg at home 3-2

@Lockport we are 5-0
vs Lockport at home 4-3

@LWC we are 4-0
vs LWC at home we are 5-0

@DGS we are we are 1-0
vs DGS at home we are 3-1
vs DGS neutral we are 0-1

@HC we are 1-1
vs HC at home we are 0-1

So I gotta give GBW the edge with the game being in Bolingbrook

GW is 0-1 in night games on the road opening weekend following a title.

Hearing lots of action coming in on Brook which has driven the spread down to 6.5

Word is that smart money sees your provocative sandbagging as a sign of supreme confidence.

Hearing lots of action coming in on Brook which has driven the spread down to 6.5

Word is that smart money sees your provocative sandbagging as a sign of supreme confidence.
Sounds like reverse psychology. I only move forward.

Came back from 1st day of pads and saw some good things and some things we need work on. I would add another 2 points to the spread. GBW should be favored by 53. If we come within 53 points I am chalking it up as a W.

Reactions: capnbillhitters
Watched GW this week and, as is always the case, they looked like a 5-4 team. Not sure where the nadir is but last year it was next Saturday when they bottomed out.

Something about needing to tear it all down to rebuild it just in time for week 1 that gets the juices flowing.

Saw some scouts on the train tracks that were feeding the info back to Vegas. Line dropped to 5.5. Better get in quick

GW is 0-1 in Saturday night games on the road opening weekend following a title. This season, assuming no storms, the game is on Friday night. GW is 0-0 in Friday night games on the road opening weekend following a title. I'm not sure, but that means Bollingbrook has a 100% chance to either win or lose.

I can't tell who is more confident, Chuck or Bones.

Probably Chuck because he keeps finding ways to justify giving 40. That trumps Bones baiting thread but it's close.

I chose to be cautiously pessimistic that 8 D1 studs and a new OC decide to make their statement. If GW can stay within 14 points at half, Hetlet will make the adjustments and make this a game decided in the 4th quarter.

If GW is up at the half, Brook has some tough sledding.

Probably Chuck because he keeps finding ways to justify giving 40. That trumps Bones baiting thread but it's close.

I chose to be cautiously pessimistic that 8 D1 studs and a new OC decide to make their statement. If GW can stay within 14 points at half, Hetlet will make the adjustments and make this a game decided in the 4th quarter.

Confidence that his team will win, definitely Charles. I am confident that we will show up. I hope we beat the 53 point spread. As for 8 D1 studs, we only have 2 with commitments. And as I always say 22 good football players beats a few D1 athletes.

We'll have to see what the offense can do against one of the better defensive programs around. Hopefully practicing against our own D can prep them enough.

Just to be clear, I'm not predicting any spreads, and instead hoping for a well-played game. Game 1's are sloppy and difficult to predict. I have said, and continue to predict, the best GW defense ever, and a really good offense. Might take a few weeks for all that to start clicking, but there's enough there to predict a 14 game season, too.

Reactions: Nathomas
Just to be clear, I'm not predicting any spreads, and instead hoping for a well-played game. Game 1's are sloppy and difficult to predict. I have said, and continue to predict, the best GW defense ever, and a really good offense. Might take a few weeks for all that to start clicking, but there's enough there to predict a 14 game season, too.

Pretty bold statement considering 2011 defense gave up 66 points in 11 games and was anchored by 1st Team USA Today All-American. I do agree that this defense could be special, but they would have to have a pretty amazing year to be compared to '11.

That team lost in a 10-3 dog fight with LZ where the game was decided by field position as LZ picked up 15-20 yards every traded punt. That game still stings, but that was the best Hetlet defense.

If BB's line holds up (I'm not suggesting anything just that I know very little about their OL) then Bolingbrook wins this football game. They'll be very good this year.

Chuck -; love the enthusiasm but let's see how first game goes before putting such high expectations out there.

I understand where Chuck is coming from. In 2012 I still dont think we lose without all the injuries. Knowing how good the offense was someone would have had to outscore us and I just don't see how. And I'm pretty sure I said it then. So if Chuck has that sort of confidence in the defense being GBW's best ever then I think he should stand on it like he is, I would.

That said, our offense since '12 just hasn't packed the punch I have been accustomed to. I like the guys we have on offense this year. If they can get it together over the next two weeks...

If BB's line holds up (I'm not suggesting anything just that I know very little about their OL) then Bolingbrook wins this football game. They'll be very good this year.

It's hard to know. They have to go up against Green-May and Mallory everyday. And the other guys arent little lol.

Pretty bold statement considering 2011 defense gave up 66 points in 11 games and was anchored by 1st Team USA Today All-American. I do agree that this defense could be special, but they would have to have a pretty amazing year to be compared to '11.

That team lost in a 10-3 dog fight with LZ where the game was decided by field position as LZ picked up 15-20 yards every traded punt. That game still stings, but that was the best Hetlet defense.

I know the parents of two of the guys that played on that lake Zurich team that won 10-3. Both kids were linebackers and played in college (western Illinois and drake) one is still playing in college (Drake) in his last year I think.

I have heard about this game quite a bit!! LZ game planned for the USA today all American DL kid (that went to Ohio state) and put two of their defensive guys on the Oline and played both ways to try and keep him from wrecking the game from his Dline position.

I know the parents of two of the guys that played on that lake Zurich team that won 10-3. Both kids were linebackers and played in college (western Illinois and drake) one is still playing in college (Drake) in his last year I think.

I have heard about this game quite a bit!! LZ game planned for the USA today all American DL kid (that went to Ohio state) and put two of their defensive guys on the Oline and played both ways to try and keep him from wrecking the game from his Dline position.

It was crazy (and many dads still can't bring themselves to talk about it) because the TD drive by LZ was only a 15 yard one play drive after the LZ punter drove GW back three straight kicks. GW punter missed his third and gave LZ a short field. LZ punter/kicker was the MVP of the game. I wish I had the stats, but pretty sure LZ did not gain over 100 yards despite a 66 yard run that set up FG.

Last edited:
Reactions: Voodoo Tatum 21
It was crazy (and many dads still can't bring themselves to talk about it) because the TD drive by LZ was only a 15 yard one play drive after the LZ punter drove GW back three straight kicks. GW punter missed his third and gave LZ a short field. LZ punter/kicker was the MVP of the game. I wish I had the stats, but pretty sure LZ did not gain over 100 yards despite a 66 yard run that set up FG.

Yeah - I heard it was a total defensive slugfest. I saw some home video (not HudL) of the game late one evening!!

What is amazing is that GBW continues to chain out killer teams but LZ has really dropped off the map the past few years. I hear they should be pretty good defensively this year but big concerns on the offensive side of the ball and the Oline In particular.

Of course everyone is always dying for Olineman.

1 Tough to find 5 to 6 quality Olineman big enough and strong enough to slug it out in the trenches Mano v Mano...but also quick enough and mobile enough to pull and also get to the second level

2. Everyone wants to play Dline or LB or O skills spots....and on teams that don't/won't play guys both ways in a Dline rotation unless it's an emergency - you have to "force" some kids to play Oline.

They had a pretty tough team in '13. That LB played like a maniac in the semis to beat GW at GW.

In both '11 and '13 GW's downfall was play of QB from my vantage point. So the key this year will be QB play.

They had a pretty tough team in '13. That LB played like a maniac in the semis to beat GW at GW.

In both '11 and '13 GW's downfall was play of QB from my vantage point. So the key this year will be QB play.

Am I getting my years confused? Was it 2011 where you guys had the all world DLineman or was it in 2013? the video I am thinking of he was a senior and looked like a man playing against a bunch of middle school kids. I saw home video of both years...and I might be getting my games confused.

Either way GBW continues to churn out state title contenders - but LZ seems to be more in rebuild mode coming out of a little bit of a down cycle.

Tommy Schutt was '11 and that D gave up 67 (correcting earlier post) points in 11 games.

LZ beat GW in 2011 10-3.
LZ also beat GW in state semis in '13 when LZ had an amazing LB named Colton Moskal

Tommy Schutt was '11 and that D gave up 67 (correcting earlier post) points in 11 games.

LZ beat GW in 2011 10-3.
LZ also beat GW in state semis in '13 when LZ had an amazing LB named Colton Moskal

Thanks!! Ok it was 2011 that I was watching most of the film of. Yes Mr. Shutt was a very imposing figure out there on the gridiron!!

Chuck -; love the enthusiasm but let's see how first game goes before putting such high expectations out there.
I'm sorry if I sound boastful (I am really not, and try to encourage and recognize kids from other teams as the season unfolds), and I am not trying to set expectations, only voicing my own. I personally expected GW to contend for that 14th game in each of the last 4 seasons, falling one game short in 2 of those seasons. Now, I can spot a trend here. And I believe that this senior class, along with a very good junior class, has all that is needed to continue the trend. But it is high school football, and anything can happen at this level. I'm just excited about this season and can't wait to get it started.

Reactions: Nathomas
Nobody will fault you for being enthusiastic. There is a fine line sometimes between expressing enthusiasm and providing locker room wall motivation.

As someone who has over shared in the past, we also walk a fine line with the coaching staff if we get too specific.

Pattern has been 13-14 week seasons for the last four years, yes. One look at the power stacked into 8A this year and one sees a gauntlet of games that will try the soul of anyone this side of Wilmette. With GW somewhat firmly imbedded in 8A, 14 games would be a ridiculous, amazing run. If by some chance we fall back to 7A, then I personally would feel more confident in a 14 game year.

Ultimately this board is the struggle between good (GW including kids, parents and most of all coaches (who have been known to frequent this board)), and evil (Bones and his ilk) who try to milk any piece of information they can out of enthusiastic dads. Their plan is sinister: throw out bait with high praise and provocative threads (like this one), wait for us to bite, then divide and conquer us by cheering on the over sharer with praise and encouragement we lack in our otherwise hum drum life. It is a trap. Don't be fooled by their praise or nod to your wisdom. The devil takes many forms. In the end, the one you might have to face at the pearly gates won't be Bones or JCHill, or Dean. It will be an agitated GW coaching staff.

Cheers to a successful 2016 campaign.

evil? I take umbrage! I just enjoy the banter before week 1 and even more so being provided the opportunity for the local good guys to shake up the world (in the illustrious words of the Greatest). The kids dont need locker room material... And I doubt the kids would use the forum for it if they did (maybe back when Simeon beat MC at SF), these days the kids probably know each other and tweet their locker room material.

BTW where is the local media? I dont even have an article yet that I can use to help me paint the Hitters as the prohibitive favorite!

And just to show how not evil I am, JChill and Dean offer to buy you guys some Raider dogs.

evil? I take umbrage! I just enjoy the banter before week 1 and even more so being provided the opportunity for the local good guys to shake up the world (in the illustrious words of the Greatest). .

Evil I tell ya! sf

. The kids dont need locker room material... And I doubt the kids would use the forum for it if they did (maybe back when Simeon beat MC at SF), these days the kids probably know each other and tweet their locker room material.

Maybe not the kids locker room, but our locker room (this site).

BTW where is the local media? I dont even have an article yet that I can use to help me paint the Hitters as the prohibitive favorite!

You can use Edgy's preseason rankings just fine. You don't need any more fodder.

And just to show how not evil I am, JChill and Dean offer to buy you guys some Raider dogs.

JCHill and Dean may not be evil because we are not playing JCA or MC in week 1, but you my friend are evil incarnate until 10pm Friday night. sf

As for Raider dogs, you're on.

Nobody will fault you for being enthusiastic. There is a fine line sometimes between expressing enthusiasm and providing locker room wall motivation.

As someone who has over shared in the past, we also walk a fine line with the coaching staff if we get too specific.

Pattern has been 13-14 week seasons for the last four years, yes. One look at the power stacked into 8A this year and one sees a gauntlet of games that will try the soul of anyone this side of Wilmette. With GW somewhat firmly imbedded in 8A, 14 games would be a ridiculous, amazing run. If by some chance we fall back to 7A, then I personally would feel more confident in a 14 game year.

Ultimately this board is the struggle between good (GW including kids, parents and most of all coaches (who have been known to frequent this board)), and evil (Bones and his ilk) who try to milk any piece of information they can out of enthusiastic dads. Their plan is sinister: throw out bait with high praise and provocative threads (like this one), wait for us to bite, then divide and conquer us by cheering on the over sharer with praise and encouragement we lack in our otherwise hum drum life. It is a trap. Don't be fooled by their praise or nod to your wisdom. The devil takes many forms. In the end, the one you might have to face at the pearly gates won't be Bones or JCHill, or Dean. It will be an agitated GW coaching staff.

Cheers to a successful 2016 campaign.
Sorry if I've said too much. The kids and coaches at Bolingbrook and GW will establish expectations in about a week and a half. See you at the game!

No need for apologies. Just trying to help avoid issues.

I have enthusiasm for this season as well. No one is trying to tamper that but given our preseason ranking, it is not like we have to convince folks we have a good team. When we start getting too specific, it makes some folks uneasy.

Cheers

Lets be specific about these RB's... also how about the QB? Will we see some shotgun when youre forced to throw? size of the DB's? 40 times?

Reactions: capnbillhitters
You will see a minimum of five RBs run the ball

You will see us pass the ball.

You will see us blitz

How's that for specifics?

I understand where Chuck is coming from. In 2012 I still dont think we lose without all the injuries. Knowing how good the offense was someone would have had to outscore us and I just don't see how. And I'm pretty sure I said it then. So if Chuck has that sort of confidence in the defense being GBW's best ever then I think he should stand on it like he is, I would.

That said, our offense since '12 just hasn't packed the punch I have been accustomed to. I like the guys we have on offense this year. If they can get it together over the next two weeks...

It's hard to know. They have to go up against Green-May and Mallory everyday. And the other guys arent little lol.
The Brook O Line will hold up. With 3 returning starters, lead by Ivlow Jr, they will be fine. Plus, I'm hearing this is going to be Bolingbrook's biggest offensive line in years, averaging 6'3" and 290 lbs. Brook wins by 2 TDs.

Reactions: jwarigaku
That kid pictured in that article is an absolute beast...Jackson Goleash. Pretty sure he will be #3 and he is fearless. Played a big part in two state titles last year for football and rugby.

He will be in that stable of backs Bones and Edgy has him as preseason WSS MVP

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT