ADVERTISEMENT

GBN 10 Warren 7 Final

I cannot believe how inefficient and one dimensional Warren offense is. GBN playing pretty well but...wow.

Darn. What a waste of a defense and stud RB. I’m putting this on the coaches. Sad for Warren. Hollywood now walks easy to the finals.

Anyone that plays GBN will have a rough time. They are huge and very physical. Well coached. The quarterback is elusive and has a great arm. They lost their starting RB always game tonight. Hope he is ok.

They are legit and will be a tough out for anyone.

This is shock but no surprise. We have all been saying this all year. Great defense but absolutely no offense. One dimensional. I was tired of hearing Micah Jones make excuses for the lack of offense. I told Micah I would not reply to his posts until the playoffs. Well Micah what’s your excuse now?
Congratulations to GBN!

Anyone that plays GBN will have a rough time. They are huge and very physical. Well coached. The quarterback is elusive and has a great arm. They lost their starting RB always game tonight. Hope he is ok.

They are legit and will be a tough out for anyone.
I feel for you Newt, tough loss. I hope East can give Loyola a game next week.

This is shock but no surprise. We have all been saying this all year. Great defense but absolutely no offense. One dimensional. I was tired of hearing Micah Jones make excuses for the lack of offense. I told Micah I would not reply to his posts until the playoffs. Well Micah what’s your excuse now?
Congratulations to GBN!
Their Achilles all season has been the offensive line. Quarterback played well tonight and threw it well including a long toss to set up the game tying score.

The defense was really good again tonight but was asked to do too much at times and it cost em

Reactions: corey90
I feel for you Newt, tough loss. I hope East can give Loyola a game next week.
Doesn’t sting as much when your kid doesn’t play there anymore. Feel bad for a couple of kids I coached and the coaching staff.

Reactions: Gene K.
Warren took some bad penalties, couldn’t get a passing game going and played way to conservative. Can’t punt on 4th and 1 in plus territory.

Reactions: Gene K.
Doesn’t sting as much when your kid doesn’t play there anymore. Feel bad for a couple of kids I coached and the coaching staff.
Totally agree. I went to the East game tonight. Best way I describe this East team is they are a gritty bunch. Not the biggest team but fast and are not afraid to hit. The linebackers seem to run down hill when they get a lane to make the tackle. I hope they can stay with Loyola next week.

Reactions: tmjgrady
I thought that was one of the better games Warren QB had all year.

I was firm on Warren being out before quarters all year, and that was always riding on the lack of offense.

Heck of a win for GBN.
Bad loss for Warren.
Feel bad for Warren kids.
Feel good that Micah hopefully gets a wakeup call.

All 4 things can be true.

MV5BZmI2M2Y3ZmYtNTM5MS00NDcxLTljZWItN2I3YTNjNjllMzc0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjAwODA4Mw@@._V1_.jpg

Overly conservative offense. Lucero more of a running threat than passer. Team relies on overpowering opponent, field position and defense. When they can’t dominate at the line of scrimmage they are doomed to a dog fight. They came out on the short end vs MS and GBN.

It will be interesting to see if they dominate their conference next year. Big question will be if they can convince Behrens to come back and if they can find another transfer or 5. They have a handful of nice pieces coming back.

Warren, congrats on a strong season. If their defensive coordinator wants to be a head coach, he should do so. Year in and year out, the way he gets his players to perform and compete makes them one of the top units in the state.

Due to Warren's Offensive line not being nearly as big or physical as it was in 2018 and 2019, I predicted 9-7 GBN earlier this week.

I realize that their Running Back is a special player, but there had to be a better strategy than running the ball straight at GBN. That matchup just didn't make sense, but Warren is who he is.

Newt, didn't you say something about a new offensive being deployed early this year, or was I dreaming? Because they showed this year that they had the potential to win a few more games. That's a talented semi-final team. However, their offensive potential is severely limited due to a lack of inventiveness.

Reactions: BIGR79
Warren, congrats on a strong season. If their defensive coordinator wants to be a head coach, he should do so. Year in and year out, the way he gets his players to perform and compete makes them one of the top units in the state.

Due to Warren's Offensive line not being nearly as big or physical as it was in 2018 and 2019, I predicted 9-7 GBN earlier this week.

I realize that their Running Back is a special player, but there had to be a better strategy than running the ball straight at GBN. That matchup just didn't make sense, but Warren is who he is.

Newt, didn't you say something about a new offensive being deployed early this year, or was I dreaming? Because they showed this year that they had the potential to win a few more games. That's a talented semi-final team. However, their offensive potential is severely limited due to a lack of inventiveness.
Queen they had used the Tight End midway through the season and got away from it. Don’t know if teams keyed in on it or what happens but tonight would’ve been a good time to explore it. Maybe they did and Lucero missed it.

it’s hard when the defense is so dominant and the offense hasn’t had the same kind of success.

Reactions: Queen4
Based on size differential gbn should’ve blown em out. Tribute to wt defense!! Amazing all year. As displayed tonight best receiving talent for wt was on defense First. If they played together more on offense sky’s the limit. Offense too simple. Wths always been defense first. Wouldn’t want to be a qb of the future there... black hole for qb. O line no help. Hence 240 full back and two tight end sets... very predictable . qb rolled out 75%. 85 passes regular season

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT