ADVERTISEMENT

GBN 10 Warren 7 Final

Micah, Micah.....please stop and get your friend Irish Glory 88 before leaving the park tonight. Check all rides before exiting for your personal safety. Seriously, find an offensive coordinator. Nagy could be just the man.

Reactions: mchsalumni
Hey guys just finished watching the Canela vs Plant fight. I guess six flags is closed for the season. It was a fun ride but came up short. GBN played a solid game. It came down to a few missed opportunities Warren. The GBN QB performed very well. The Warren offense could not get going tonight. I do not bash coaches or players because it is not that serious. Life goes on like it did for my son. I love HS foorball because of the opportunities it presents all kids participating. I am signing off for this year. My goal is to support Warren and give them a little light on this board. If nothing most folks now know where Warren is located. Home of six flags signing off. 🙏🏾💪🏾🏈🎢

I guess the flags at Six Flags r at half mast? Seriously as a person with no horse in the race GBN Def was just as impressive as Warrens. MVP of game GBN QB. Warren thru the kitchen sink at that kid every Single play and he made the right decision every single time. Tom Brady could not of made better decisions!

Reactions: FalconPadre
Hey guys just finished watching the Canela vs Plant fight. I guess six flags is closed for the season. It was a fun ride but came up short. GBN played a solid game. It came down to a few missed opportunities Warren. The GBN QB performed very well. The Warren offense could not get going tonight. I do not bash coaches or players because it is not that serious. Life goes on like it did for my son. I love HS foorball because of the opportunities it presents all kids participating. I am signing off for this year. My goal is to support Warren and give them a little light on this board. If nothing most folks now know where Warren is located. Home of six flags signing off. 🙏🏾💪🏾🏈🎢

Was a damn good season for Home of Six Flags, good season micah! Cant wait to see what Warren has in store next year! I didn’t see the game but based on the scores looks like it could have went either way.

Never doubted Warren would lose against someone South of OHare this year after seeing them 3 times in person. THEY ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE! to steal a quote from Dennis Green.. Will reload and beat up the North Suburban conference again next year but better find a better multi-dimensional QB through the transfer portal as the best one they had Behrens should have started this year but is baseball exclusive now. Have Mo Edwards lil bro also moving up as a Soph next year to get some RB carries. No matter what Micah believes, you cant win if you don't put up more points on the scoreboard than your opponent.

Reactions: corey90
WT issue was not the QB (he’s committed to play D1, full athletic scholarship – grand valley moving to OVC in 2023). They had multiple issues that got exposed when playing the good teams like GBN, LF, and MS. The offense had no scheme (other than run the ball up the middle) and the team did not manage it’s talent properly. As I mentioned before the best receivers were db’s that should have been starting at receiver since day 1. The team was extremely penalized in every game (even against Waukegan) and had many personal fouls, late hits etc. Need better discipline and control of the team. No kicking game either. Punter never kicked before this year and same with place kicker. Receiving punts hit the ground too often etc. No FG all year. The team has the right culture but to win championships you’ve got to be solid in all 3 phases and play clean, complimentary football, not rely on 1 or 2 players to carry the team. It’s a magical combo, championships very elusive!

WT issue was not the QB (he’s committed to play D1, full athletic scholarship – grand valley moving to OVC in 2023). They had multiple issues that got exposed when playing the good teams like GBN, LF, and MS. The offense had no scheme (other than run the ball up the middle) and the team did not manage it’s talent properly. As I mentioned before the best receivers were db’s that should have been starting at receiver since day 1. The team was extremely penalized in every game (even against Waukegan) and had many personal fouls, late hits etc. Need better discipline and control of the team. No kicking game either. Punter never kicked before this year and same with place kicker. Receiving punts hit the ground too often etc. No FG all year. The team has the right culture but to win championships you’ve got to be solid in all 3 phases and play clean, complimentary football, not rely on 1 or 2 players to carry the team. It’s a magical combo, championships very elusive!
Fantastic post!! Agree 100%!! Talent level high. Best players should be on the field.

Reactions: Gene K.
Good review Lucersg. Enjoyed watching Lucero play for the Corsairs.

To many HS coach’s don’t get that point!!
Best players need to be on the field especially for big games and big drives!!!
Warrens dirty play was the worst I seen in Hs football in all my yrs and I have been playing and watching since the 70s.
If you watch some of Warrens games on NFHS you will see some of the most atrocious dirty plays after the whistle and their sideline did nothing to stop or control it!

Warrens dirty play was the worst I seen in Hs football in all my yrs and I have been playing and watching since the 70s.
If you watch some of Warrens games on NFHS you will see some of the most atrocious dirty plays after the whistle and their sideline did nothing to stop or control it!
Dirty play or physical? They play through the whistle and play a more physical style than the conference is used to.

so when you call it dirty I’d challenge you on that because I’ve watched far more of their games than you and it’s not dirty as you claim.

Ever seen Waubonsie Valley play? oof

Reactions: NapervilleBuck
Dirty play or physical? They play through the whistle and play a more physical style than the conference is used to.

so when you call it dirty I’d challenge you on that because I’ve watched far more of their games than you and it’s not dirty as you claim.

How many late hits and personal fouls are acceptable in a game before it becomes dirty? I’ve seen plenty of very physical teams that get next to none they just pound you until the whistle blows.

How many late hits and personal fouls are acceptable in a game before it becomes dirty? I’ve seen plenty of very physical teams that get next to none they just pound you until the whistle blows.
I think if you use that as a metric you have to take into account the game the officials and everything else. They have had problems with it but tk call them flat out dirty is an inaccurate indictment. I saw plenty of times when a flag was thrown that was a judgement based something truly dirty.

Calling them dirty is off base and inaccurate

I think if you use that as a metric you have to take into account the game the officials and everything else. They have had problems with it but tk call them flat out dirty is an inaccurate indictment. I saw plenty of times when a flag was thrown that was a judgement based something truly dirty.

Calling them dirty is off base and inaccurate
Did WT develop a reputation and come up short on the judgement calls due to their history?

Did WT develop a reputation and come up short on the judgement calls due to their history?
Yah I think so. When you play best physical on defense it’s talked about ahead of time by officials to look for this and that. Whether it’s warranted it’s open for debate.

I think other coaches work the angle as well so if it gets even a little chippy a reputation that is somewhat earned and somewhat not warranted

Reactions: lucersg
Good luck to Aiden at the next level. Thought he played his butt off Saturday.
Thank you! Wish they would have let him use the pocket more like Saturday and allow things to spread out. He was able to run and pass with a little space. The line was average so they used more roll outs during season. Good mix of both would have been ideal...

I hope so, the football up north here has been hurting this year, except for FVC.
Their 1st class of recruiting are now sophs. Give em a couple years. Stud running back at frosh level. Donovan Dei. Look out!!!

I was at the MS-WT game in week 2. Never got the sense that Warren was a dirty team. They are a very physical team, but I don’t believe the game ever got chippy on either end.

Reactions: Gene K. and MS4EVER
Their 1st class of recruiting are now sophs. Give em a couple years. Stud running back at frosh level. Donovan Dei. Look out!!!
Lucersg is 'spot on'. Corsairs are very strong at the underclass levels. Lots of playing time currently for that young group at the Varsity level.

Agree on not utilizing the talent. The DBs could have brought another element to the offense at WR if they threw the ball.

I also think if they gave McLaughlin some carries it would have helped keep defenses from keying on Edwards.

Having 2 good RBs, some solid WRs who played both ways and an athletic QB should have been a good recipe for an offense that played late in November. Shame on the play caller for basically eliminating all of it except Edwards.

Lights went out
Yah crazy stuff seems to happen when Warren has traveled there in the past.
Three years ago they had to go down there three times because of bad storms

This time the game started 10 minutes early and late first qtr all the lights went out.

Really? This subject has been beaten to death. Every single student that attends a Catholic school is recruited. That's how they keep the doors open. No one has ever denied that.

Yeah but the post was specific to recruiting football players. How many football coaches are out trying to find kids for the chess or cheer team since butts in the seat keeps the school open?

Agree on not utilizing the talent. The DBs could have brought another element to the offense at WR if they threw the ball.

I also think if they gave McLaughlin some carries it would have helped keep defenses from keying on Edwards.

Having 2 good RBs, some solid WRs who played both ways and an athletic QB should have been a good recipe for an offense that played late in November. Shame on the play caller for basically eliminating all of it except Edwards.
Not sure if it was all on the OC. Was his first year as OC. The head coach is notorious for being a defense first guy and trust me he rules with an iron fist. They've never had a bonafied QB there so hence run the backs into the ground. Derek McGlaughlin had a shoulder issue in 2019 championship and how many carries did he have in that game? The OC had good success as a head coach at Lyons with many offensive looks... Where did it go?

Yeah but the post was specific to recruiting football players. How many football coaches are out trying to find kids for the chess or cheer team since butts in the seat keeps the school open?
Again, this has never been denied. Each coach/sponsor/administrator is recruiting students to fill their program/team. That's how private schools stay open. 75% of the student body at JCA plays at least one sport. The were all recruited in some form or another.

Again, this has never been denied. Each coach/sponsor/administrator is recruiting students to fill their program/team. That's how private schools stay open. 75% of the student body at JCA plays at least one sport. The were all recruited in some form or another.
"IHSA Athletic Eligibility Rules"

"8.
A. The by-laws prohibit recruiting of high school students for athletics."

"F. It is also a violation to induce or attempt to induce or encourage any prospective student to attend any member school for the purpose of participating in athletics, even when special remuneration or inducement is not given."

Reactions: big daddy looch

"8.

"F. It is also a violation to induce or attempt to induce or encourage any prospective student to attend any member school for the purpose of participating in athletics, even when special remuneration or inducement is not given."
You forgot to include this part of the IHSA rules:

Schools are not prohibited from conducting academic recruitment programs, programs which may include information concerning the school’s extracurricular offerings. However, such recruitment programs must be designed to provide an overview of the academic and extracurricular programs offered by a school and are not to be used as a subterfuge for recruiting students for athletic purposes.

I'm well aware of the rules as is everyone in Catholic schools. Athletics is part of every school and can be used as a piece of the puzzle which helps in the decision of where kids end up.

I have no interest in going back and forth on this topic. If you have proof of illegal recruiting, please forward it to the IHSA.

"8.

If you think these rules have any consequences attached to them or that the IHSA would investigate or punish those involved, I've got a bridge to sell you.
This happens everyday, all the time, with documentation and testimony, yet the IHSA turns a blind eye to it. Its turned into the Wild West when it comes to recruiting.

Reactions: Alexander32
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT