ADVERTISEMENT

Freshmen Numbers?

Anyone know of someone looking for a week 1 freshman game due to their opponent not having enough kids for Freshman football?

Clark has 28 Freshman and we have total of 70 in the program. We are young this year (only 12 seniors) so we should be fine in the future.

Love hearing great news about the Michelle Eagles! Keep being a beacon of hope for your community!

Reactions: Gene K.
And I live here and I can tell you they are not.
Just out of curiosity,not sure what the big difference is between the 2 schools. All those suburbs are middle class and maybe palatine has more minority’s but all are working class people.

Just out of curiosity,not sure what the big difference is between the 2 schools. All those suburbs are middle class and maybe palatine has more minority’s but all are working class people.
Most of Palatine is very affluent.

You say working class ... I've learned there are two types of jobs: One for which you shower before work, the other, you shower after.

Most Palatians shower in the morning.

Have you muted me? I feel like I literally gave you the exact info you just asked about with that link.

I heard this evening that CoM total football program through all levels is 43.

I heard this evening that CoM total football program through all levels is 43.

Did they go the Ignatius route and start charging kids a ton of money to play through summer camp and equipment fees?

There’s no way, I know you’d know more than me but there’s just no way.
I have no way of knowing if the 43 total number is accurate either. I can confirm that CoM does not appear to have a Freshmen team. JCA plays CoM in Week 7 and has scheduled ND on the Freshmen level that week, per the schedule posted on the JCA website.

My fresh schedule was just updated. Not that many "B" games, most of them have been converted to 5th quarters. Which tells me some schools are down in numbers.
And most of these schools are 7 and 8 A schools

Reactions: Zebra
The number I heard for WWS 45-50 which would make the 3rd straight year they have gone up since bottoming out. The Wheaton Rams youth program has added teams and seen solid growth for them 2nd year so the worst should be over.

Freshman pool party video below

Reactions: i011763
3000 kids.1,500 boys say.375 kids per class.You would think that 50/60 out for football even 40 wouldn’t be out of the question.Should have a A & B team,Good Soph Numbers & solid Varsity.Instead this.Happens At Argo each year.See all these huge kids in the stands either too damn stupid or lazy or both to play
LOL, Kids who do not play football in HS are stupid or lazy? Seems like an awful opinion to me. One may argue kids are actually smarter for not going out for football in HS.

Reactions: bhawks
Sure you can. It happens all the time. Can't force kids to play anything.

Then you are not doing your job in recruiting the hallways. Frosh are looking for things to do. They may not even have any idea about summer workouts.

My fresh schedule was just updated. Not that many "B" games, most of them have been converted to 5th quarters. Which tells me some schools are down in numbers.
And most of these schools are 7 and 8 A schools

Ditto, have had a few Saturday morning JV or Varsity B games cancelled or visitor now hosting another school as well.

Reactions: Zebra
Rice has just under 60. Lines have great size. Tonight is Maroon and Orange scrimmage.

MS over 60. More probably on the way. Up quite a bit from last year.
MS dressed 67 for freshman AB scrimmage.
They look very deep, lot of size and athleticism.
I thought what is now the JT class was big, but this group is big. The biggest class size wise I can remember. I don’t know about the skill positions, but this group is huge.

Lost one by the scrimmage.. 69 frosh suited up. 52 on JV and 77 on Varsity.
I'm guessing the Pirates will lose a few more by the end of the season. If they end up with 60 I would say that is a success.

I still can't believe almost 200 kids in the program. Everywhere else in the area the numbers are down and Palatine's continue to rise.

Reactions: crusader_of_90
Games and Reps against good quality opponents is probably way more important than wins at the Freshman level.
Immensely! Late to reading this thread, but the more quality teams you play as freshman is very important. One of the biggest components of this is the OL or DL kid with no previous experience that dominates weaker opponents and thinks Football is easy. Not being challenged stunts growth more than anything else

After counting heads from team pictures seen of all 3 levels at LWE and Hinsdale C. in the order (freshman, sophomore, varsity): East (46, 68, 96) and HC (55, 41, 75).

After counting heads from team pictures seen of all 3 levels at LWE and Hinsdale C. in the order (freshman, sophomore, varsity): East (46, 68, 96) and HC (55, 41, 75).

That seems like a low number of freshmen at LWE

I remember this same argument in 1979. Soccer will never be the demise of American football. Fear and a lack of understanding will kill football before soccer.
I played soccer in the 70’s and they were saying the same thing then.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT