ADVERTISEMENT

Final 2018 Chicagoland Top 30 poll is here

Reactions: lkhammer57
Wow Naz over CG? CG undefeated and beat Naperville Central who Marist barely got by yet Marist destroyed Naz (at Naz). Still LA is the best with beating MS, LWE and Rice. Good call on Rice in the beginning of the year to have in your Top 15. All though Edgy was crazy on that one but he was the sly fox

Wow Naz over CG? CG undefeated and beat Naperville Central who Marist barely got by yet Marist destroyed Naz (at Naz). Still LA is the best with beating MS, LWE and Rice. Good call on Rice in the beginning of the year to have in your Top 15. All though Edgy was crazy on that one but he was the sly fox
CG barely beat ND who got beat by JCA who Naz could have beat by 100 if they wanted to. Two can play this dumb game.

Reactions: Cat Box
Ummm how many 8A teams did Naz beat? 0. Did Naz lose at home by a wide margin to its only 8A opponent? Umm yep bent over pretty much. Did CG barely beat an ND team with Gavin playing AND playing up at ND? Yep. Did Naz play ND? Nope. Did JCA beat ND without Gavin playing? Yep. CG better record, better competition, should have been #2.

Naz beat SCN who beat Mt Carmel who beat Loyola come on already Naz should be #1 period. Naz could have scored 50 in the championship game. Starting QB played with a broken thumb on his throwing hand!
Naz manhandeled the best run defense in the state Batavia.

No question Naz 1, LA 2, CG 3

Ummm how many 8A teams did Naz beat? 0. Did Naz lose at home by a wide margin to its only 8A opponent? Umm yep bent over pretty much. Did CG barely beat an ND team with Gavin playing AND playing up at ND? Yep. Did Naz play ND? Nope. Did JCA beat ND without Gavin playing? Yep. CG better record, better competition, should have been #2.
CG played better competition? Get lost. You clearly didn’t attend or watch the Marist game. It wasn’t the blowout you seem to think. Sorry your drought continues.

CG played better competition? Get lost. You clearly didn’t attend or watch the Marist game. It wasn’t the blowout you seem to think. Sorry your drought continues.
LOL. Notice how the CG faithful don't want to get roped into dumb conversations. Season's over so why all the Monday morning quarterbacking? If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, every day would be Christmas.

Reactions: Gene K.
Ummm I went to Rice and wasn't contesting where we were at - Dean of Selection was at the Naz game and I watched a video of it - and you guys got smoked at home. Marist controlled the game and beat you fair and square. You beat 0 8A teams - CG beat 2 8A playoff teams during the season. Who did Naz really beat guys? C'mon

i won't get sucked in to who's better, too many emotions, but what drought are you talking about?

Ummm I went to Rice and wasn't contesting where we were at - Dean of Selection was at the Naz game and I watched a video of it - and you guys got smoked at home. Marist controlled the game and beat you fair and square. You beat 0 8A teams - CG beat 2 8A playoff teams during the season. Who did Naz really beat guys? C'mon
Batavia was ranked higher than every single team on CG’s schedule every step of the season. They also outperformed everyone on CG’s schedule all season long. Gtfo. CG is very good and their fans are better than you or I clearly. I’m not trying to discredit them but to try and scoff at Naz being ranked higher is hilarious to me and to say they played a tougher schedule is even more comical.

Hey we're ok with taking 2nd at 8A and being part of the toughest conference in the state- Granted would have been nice to win vs Loyola, but oh well. It was a great turnaround season and fun to watch this year. Sorry to see Nazareth's drought in winning a state championship in baseball but hey who knows what will happen in the Spring if you guys can get by Marist

Congrats to Loyola...went back and forth like 100 times between Loyola and Naz along with some consideration for Cary Grove as well...I'll further explain my reasonings in Episode 15 Between The Lines podcast out sometime tomorrow with Mike Clark.

2018 Final Chicagoland Top 30 poll presented by @EFTFootball

Seems odd to me that the East #1 team all year loses 1 game to the eventual 8A State Champions yet fall to #5? Not sure I agree with you Edgy.

I didn't know I was being a jerk - I posed facts to support my opinion about CG being more deserved than Naz to be #2. I didn't toss in any jabs about droughts on last time since winning a state championship. We've been to the big game 3 times (one the top class once with 2 seconds - not too shabby) Plus we only opened our doors in 1956 to a Frosh class - you guys been around since 1900 correct?

Didn’t it take Nazerath 40 years to win their first state title? That’s a longer drought then Rice has. You shouldn’t be a jerk since nothing lasts forever.
The school has only been coed 40 or 41 years and I doubt they had football the first few.

Reactions: ClownBaby
I didn't know I was being a jerk - I posed facts to support my opinion about CG being more deserved than Naz to be #2. I didn't toss in any jabs about droughts on last time since winning a state championship. We've been to the big game 3 times (one the top class once with 2 seconds - not too shabby) Plus we only opened our doors in 1956 to a Frosh class - you guys been around since 1900 correct?
i was quoting ClownBaby you JERK

Hey we're ok with taking 2nd at 8A and being part of the toughest conference in the state- Granted would have been nice to win vs Loyola, but oh well. It was a great turnaround season and fun to watch this year. Sorry to see Nazareth's drought in winning a state championship in baseball but hey who knows what will happen in the Spring if you guys can get by Marist
Touché! I don’t see it happening for Naz baseball this year. Going up to that 4a sectional won’t do them any favors.

Didn’t it take Nazerath 40 years to win their first state title? That’s a longer drought then Rice has. You shouldn’t be a jerk since nothing lasts forever.
Like most on this board my posts are mainly tongue in cheek. Maybe a little emotion wrapped up but not really too concerned what anyone on here thinks. I’m sorry I was mean to your friend tho, I will punish myself by not taking any desert tonight.

CG barely beat ND who got beat by JCA who Naz could have beat by 100 if they wanted to. Two can play this dumb game.
Note Dame barely beat Ignatius.
Ignatius was clobbered by Mt. Carmel.
Ignatius would have beat Loyola but the official was not on the goal line to see a safety with 10 seconds left in the game.

Note Dame barely beat Ignatius.
Ignatius was clobbered by Mt. Carmel.
Ignatius would have beat Loyola but the official was not on the goal line to see a safety with 10 seconds left in the game.
The plot thickens

Rice’s drought
We have a school of less than 700 students and played at 8A level. Your school lost to Marist by more than 30 points. At home. We beat Marist twice. BR would have smoked Naz, but enjoy your lower level championship. We lost to the best. I believe we are 2nd best. We will try again next year.

We have a school of less than 700 students and played at 8A level. Your school lost to Marist by more than 30 points. At home. We beat Marist twice. BR would have smoked Naz, but enjoy your lower level championship. We lost to the best. I believe we are 2nd best. We will try again next year.
Our 3 titles in 5 years allows me to sleep just fine. Naz has less than 350 boys. HALF of what you have. You enjoy your moral victory. Maybe one day you’ll actually win the games that matter.

Reactions: Bowie50
We've won plenty of big games. Are you guys saying goodbye to ESCC with zero conference titles?

We've won plenty of big games. Are you guys saying goodbye to ESCC with zero conference titles?
Conference titles are so exciting. Even frosh and soph ones. Do you get rings for those? Oh and we didn't lose by 30.

Conference titles are so exciting. Even frosh and soph ones. Do you get rings for those? Oh and we didn't lose by 30.
Cant believe he went the conference title route with his argument, lol, making this too easy.

So does the CCL think that highly of itself that conference titles mean more than state titles?

I think I can get on that level of pretentiousness. You other ESCC guys ready?

You and JCA can continue taking state titles from the smaller schools. Hell, if Notre Dame plays its running back, JCA doesn't even make the playoffs. We are all very impressed, you got your asses kicked at home by the only 8A team you played this year. You are a private school that recruits athletes to play football, step up and play with the big boys. Water's warm, jump on in. I'm done, talk to ya next fall.

You and JCA can continue taking state titles from the smaller schools. Hell, if Notre Dame plays its running back, JCA doesn't even make the playoffs. We are all very impressed, you got your asses kicked at home by the only 8A team you played this year. You are a private school that recruits athletes to play football, step up and play with the big boys. Water's warm, jump on in. I'm done, talk to ya next fall.
You want to talk about recruiting? Come on. This is what you’ve got?

So does the CCL think that highly of itself that conference titles mean more than state titles?

I think I can get on that level of pretentiousness. You other ESCC guys ready?
Next year we’ll be one big happy family and according to people on here I have to cheer for my conference no matter what. So I guess I’ll also be affected by the yearly Rice choke job, I’ll start preparing now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT