ADVERTISEMENT

Final 2018 Chicagoland Top 30 poll is here

We have a school of less than 700 students and played at 8A level. Your school lost to Marist by more than 30 points. At home. We beat Marist twice. BR would have smoked Naz, but enjoy your lower level championship. We lost to the best. I believe we are 2nd best. We will try again next year.

Ka-POW!

You and JCA can continue taking state titles from the smaller schools. Hell, if Notre Dame plays its running back, JCA doesn't even make the playoffs. We are all very impressed, you got your asses kicked at home by the only 8A team you played this year. You are a private school that recruits athletes to play football, step up and play with the big boys. Water's warm, jump on in. I'm done, talk to ya next fall.

How did JCA get in this? And I will take our 14 titles, and none of them have been taken from schools smaller than JCA.

I would humbly advise the title winners to enjoy the moment for a few more months until next season starts up again. It really does not matter who the number #1 overall team is because there is no head to head competition. With the new CCL next year I am certain there will come a time when LA meets Naz. It should be lots of fun.

You and JCA can continue taking state titles from the smaller schools. Hell, if Notre Dame plays its running back, JCA doesn't even make the playoffs. We are all very impressed, you got your asses kicked at home by the only 8A team you played this year. You are a private school that recruits athletes to play football, step up and play with the big boys. Water's warm, jump on in. I'm done, talk to ya next fall.
Somebody is upset...

I would humbly advise the title winners to enjoy the moment for a few more months until next season starts up again. It really does not matter who the number #1 overall team is because there is no head to head competition. With the new CCL next year I am certain there will come a time when LA meets Naz. It should be lots of fun.

You must be new here

Somebody is upset...
Yeah I'm trying to not be confrontational, I had to lay off that one.:rolleyes:

Yeah I'm trying to not be confrontational, I had to lay off that one.:rolleyes:
This is why people don't like brother rice posters. They a sore losers and try to make every thread on this site about them. Which ever class they have been in Naz has played an succeded in. They are a much better program over the last 5 years then rice.

Reactions: USD24
This is why people don't like brother rice posters. They a sore losers and try to make every thread on this site about them. Which ever class they have been in Naz has played an succeded in. They are a much better program over the last 5 years then rice.

Agreed they are losing their collective shit, but Naz has never been in 8A.

Next year we’ll be one big happy family and according to people on here I have to cheer for my conference no matter what.
How about going the Independent route? Be the ND of IL HS football. Naz could play a more national (or at least Midwest) schedule.

Just trying to add some spice.

You and JCA can continue taking state titles from the smaller schools. .

That makes two posters who agree with me, or, at least, went to the trouble to say so.

If you play 7A and 8A talent all year, you shouldn't be beating up on 5A and 4A -level talent in November.

If you compete with the big boys, do it for all three months.

Personally, I believe that LA is number one, and LWE number two. I'd put Rice third.

Actually, all it is is conversation fodder for your 2044 reunion.

Reactions: krock the house
That makes two posters who agree with me, or, at least, went to the trouble to say so.

If you play 7A and 8A talent all year, you shouldn't be beating up on 5A and 4A -level talent in November.

If you compete with the big boys, do it for all three months.

Personally, I believe that LA is number one, and LWE number two. I'd put Rice third.

Actually, all it is is conversation fodder for your 2044 reunion.
Blah blah blah blah blah

Reactions: cocacoaler
MCHS,

It was an open invite. Even to the guys I don’t agree with or even like. Was taught early on if you’re gonna offer one person you offer everyone.
Are you saying you don't like mchsalum?

Ummm how many 8A teams did Naz beat? 0. Did Naz lose at home by a wide margin to its only 8A opponent? Umm yep bent over pretty much. Did CG barely beat an ND team with Gavin playing AND playing up at ND? Yep. Did Naz play ND? Nope. Did JCA beat ND without Gavin playing? Yep. CG better record, better competition, should have been #2.

Didn't LA lose to the only 5a team they played? I would say that is much worse than losing to the only 8a team
you play

Everyone on here knows that I support BR, CCL and of course Coach Badke. Probably to a fault but hey you have to respect that I’m at least consistent.
Here’s my thoughts, opinions and some fact...

Racki has put naz on the football map, good coach and even better recruiter. Naz was a basketball school probably known best for the Ron Felling summer shooting camp. Football was an after thought, there’s no denying this. The school along with Racki invested in football and it’s paid off. All the credit to the roadrunners, and on a personal note it’s great to see JJ coming into his own as a player, leader and more importantly a great young man. Damn i thought we had at BR but he’s in the right spot for him and his fam.

A championship is a championship no matter what the level and high praise to schools that go up a class or two and still win. Extremely tough to do and shows what kind of program a school really has from the bottom all the way to the top.

Rankings really don’t mean anything and will always be debated on but like Kim and the rest of Kardashians it’s apart of life these days.
That being said there’s a difference between a Naz/ESCC schools and CCL blue schools.
It’s the grind, it’s no gimmy/stat games that most conferences have more then latter. It’s a dog fight each week with your conference game. Sure some teams are down from year to year in the Blue, Rice last year/Rita this year, but if you haven’t been through it you can’t understand the rivalry of playing kids in your neighborhood week in and week out. They are going to bring there best no matter what their record is.
I understand the crossovers can be cupcakes but that is only 1 or 2 Games a year. Most conferences are the opposite, most conference games for teams throughout the state are cupcakes with 1 or 2 really tough games. CCL blue teams do not in most years have that luxury. And I’m sorry there are more cupcakes then there are tough games in the ESCC.
Naz being ranked in front of BR I don’t think is correct.
I think BR would beat naz in a head to head match up. I definitely think BR beats naz if Naz would have to go through the grind of a CCL blue schedule
Naz being #1 in the sun times really kills any creditablity Beth Long had in the prep sports world

Last edited:
Next year we’ll be one big happy family and according to people on here I have to cheer for my conference no matter what. So I guess I’ll also be affected by the yearly Rice choke job, I’ll start preparing now.
Easy up guy
No choke job this year, caught a buzz saw with LA

Naz beat SCN who beat Mt Carmel who beat Loyola come on already Naz should be #1 period. Naz could have scored 50 in the championship game. Starting QB played with a broken thumb on his throwing hand!
Naz manhandeled the best run defense in the state Batavia.

No question Naz 1, LA 2, CG 3
Wasn’t on his throwing hand and br had a better run defense then Batavia statistically

Reactions: go dogz
Everyone on here knows that I support BR, CCL and of course Coach Badke. Probably to fault but hey you have to respect that I’m at least consistent.

Racki has put naz on the football map, good coach and even better recruiter. Naz was a basketball school probably known best for the Ron Felling summer shooting camp. Football was an after thought, there’s no denying this. The school along with Racki invested in football and it’s paid off. All the credit to the roadrunners, and on a personal note it’s great to see JJ coming into his own as a player, leader and more importantly a great young man. Damn i thought we had at BR but he’s in the right spot for him and his fam.

A championship is a championship no matter what the level and high praise to schools that go up a class or two and still win. Extremely tough to do and shows what kind of program a school really has from the bottom all the way to the top.

Rankings really don’t mean anything and will always be debated on but like Kim and the rest of Kardashians it’s apart of life these days.
That being said there’s a difference between a Naz/ESCC schools and CCL blue schools.
It’s the grind, it’s no gimmy/stat games that most conferences have more then latter. It’s a dog fight each week with your conference game. Sure some teams are down from year to year in the Blue, Rice last year/Rita this year, but if you haven’t been through it you can’t understand the rivalry of playing kids in your neighborhood week in and week out. They are going to bring there best no matter what their record is.
I understand the crossovers can be cupcakes but that is only 1 or 2 Games a year. Most conferences are the opposite, most conference games for teams throughout the state are cupcakes with 1 or 2 really tough games. CCL blue teams do not in most years have that luxury. And I’m sorry there are more cupcakes then there are tough games in the ESCC.
I think BR would beat naz in a head to head match up. I definitely think BR beats naz if Naz would have to go through the grind of a CCL blue schedule
Naz being #1 in the sun times really kills any creditablity Beth Long had in the prep sports world
Get over yourself.

Beth Long has spoken. Now the conversation ends. Now Loyola and Naz have the best of both worlds. How’d you like to be pushed down to 7?

Last edited:
Reactions: Wolffan64
Everyone on here knows that I support BR, CCL and of course Coach Badke. Probably to a fault but hey you have to respect that I’m at least consistent.

You only play 4 conference games, how much of a grind could that be. This year Rita and PC were very mediocre. So you had 2 tough conference games. Big deal. In the ESCC this year, you had 2 semi-finalists and 2 state champions. That is a grind. I would say that this year the ESCC was better than the Blue. Take the top five of the ESCC and compare them to the Blue

RIce was better than Marist (beat them head to head)
Naz ans LA are a toss up, depending who you ask
JCA was better than Montini (beat them head to head)
NND was better than PC (Semi-finalsit vs blow out in round 1)
Benet was better than Rita (Playoff qualifier vs 3-6 team)

And for what it is worth, they are not playing kids from their neighborhood week in and out in the Blue. LA doesnt play anyone from their neighborhood. This year in the blue, Rita is the only team that Rice played that has kids from the "neighborhood". That argument doesnt work. Montini, LA, and PC do not get kids from the south side of Chicago.

Reactions: pjjp
You only play 4 conference games, how much of a grind could that be. This year Rita and PC were very mediocre. So you had 2 tough conference games. Big deal. In the ESCC this year, you had 2 semi-finalists and 2 state champions. That is a grind. I would say that this year the ESCC was better than the Blue. Take the top five of the ESCC and compare them to the Blue

RIce was better than Marist (beat them head to head)
Naz ans LA are a toss up, depending who you ask
JCA was better than Montini (beat them head to head)
NND was better than PC (Semi-finalsit vs blow out in round 1)
Benet was better than Rita (Playoff qualifier vs 3-6 team)

And for what it is worth, they are not playing kids from their neighborhood week in and out in the Blue. LA doesnt play anyone from their neighborhood. This year in the blue, Rita is the only team that Rice played that has kids from the "neighborhood". That argument doesnt work. Montini, LA, and PC do not get kids from the south side of Chicago.

All 4 of those conference games are against give or take some years, truly the best teams in the Chicago Catholic League. The Catholic League is set to have the best play the best every year. This would be the first year Montini was in the blue, who replace Mount Carmel. You know MC, that school on 64th Dante that usually puts out a pretty good team each year that made the semis in 7A. Yeah I know they lost to SCN who Naz beat.
Dont forget the 3 crossover league games that are played along with the 4 in conference games. Naz didnt have to play NND this year, one of your top five schools in ESCC. Thats the difference and thats why its a grind, top teams play top teams.
But for argument sake Lets set up the top 5 teams in the CCL, not just the blue, how the ESCC sets it up.
LA beat 3 top 5 teams in the playoffs in route to a state title
BR beat your Conference Champs not once but Twice, lost to conference Rival in 8A title game.
MC semis in 7A
Montini lost in state to JCA
PC first round lost 6A
these are all facts next to these teams where you have opinion on your post.

to my neighborhood point, if you grew up on the southside where I did. There are 6 possibly 7 CCL schools that are all going after the same pool of kids, not to mention your 11-2 escc Champs Marist Redhawks.
BR, SR, MC, St L, DLS, and Iggy. PC is now in the mix as well with the catholic school pool of kids drying up year after year. So yes, this year LA and montini in the blue dont have the neighborhood rivalry that I spoke of but when these JRs and SRs took the entrance exam a few years back they expected to play the schools I listed each year or at least 75% of them.

you realize that at the highest class of competition that the IHSA has to offer in the sport of football, two CCL Blue teams played in that game?

All 4 of those conference games are against give or take some years, truly the best teams in the Chicago Catholic League. The Catholic League is set to have the best play the best every year. This would be the first year Montini was in the blue, who replace Mount Carmel. You know MC, that school on 64th Dante that usually puts out a pretty good team each year that made the semis in 7A. Yeah I know they lost to SCN who Naz beat.
Dont forget the 3 crossover league games that are played along with the 4 in conference games. Naz didnt have to play NND this year, one of your top five schools in ESCC. Thats the difference and thats why its a grind, top teams play top teams.
But for argument sake Lets set up the top 5 teams in the CCL, not just the blue, how the ESCC sets it up.
BR beat your Conference Champs not once but Twice, lost to conference Rival in 8A title game.
MC semis in 7A
PC first round lost 6A

to my neighborhood point, if you grew up on the southside where I did. There are 6 possibly 7 CCL schools that are all going after the same pool of kids, not to mention your 11-2 escc Champs Marist Redhawks.
BR, SR, MC, St L, DLS, and Iggy. PC is now in the mix as well with the catholic school pool of kids drying up year after year. So yes, this year LA and montini in the blue dont have the neighborhood rivalry that I spoke of but when these JRs and SRs took the entrance exam a few years back they expected to play the schools I listed each year or at least 75% of them.

you realize that at the highest class of competition that the IHSA has to offer in the sport of football, two CCL Blue teams played in that game?

As a southsider, this is a terrible, self-inflated take. it's also not at all what you implied earlier about neighborhoods.

MC semis in 7A
PC first round lost 6A

You are stating completely different things from the post I quoted.

You want facts about the top 5 teams in the ESCC this year

Marist- 8A semi-finalist (lost to Rice 2x)
Naz- 7A champion. Only loss was to conference rival
NND- 6 semi finalist
JCA- 5th place team that defeated the 2nd place blue team- 5A Champion
Benet- Lost in first round.

MC is not in the Blue this year. I was not arguing previous years. You went on and on about the Blue this year, and your facts were wrong. Rivalries that were around when kids were in grade school did not play out this year.

ADVERTISEMENT