ADVERTISEMENT

Final 2018 Chicagoland Top 30 poll is here

You are stating completely different things from the post I quoted.

You want facts about the top 5 teams in the ESCC this year

Marist- 8A semi-finalist (lost to Rice 2x)
Naz- 7A champion. Only loss was to conference rival
NND- 6 semi finalist
JCA- 5th place team that defeated the 2nd place blue team- 5A Champion
Benet- Lost in first round.

MC is not in the Blue this year. I was not arguing previous years. You went on and on about the Blue this year, and your facts were wrong. Rivalries that were around when kids were in grade school did not play out this year.

Like I said “for argument sake” let’s set up the CCL top 5 like escc. Pretty clear too me and I stated MC wasn’t in the blue

Let’s get back to this year like you are asking...

your facts are calculated and self indulging.

Your bring up an ad hominem agrument
you bring up the fact that JCA was 5th in escc but beat Montini who was 2nd in CCL. This obviously in favor of your opinion that escc was better then CCL blue.
You forget to put “Escc undefeated champs” between Marist ......(lost to rice 2x)

then you should know better. But I bet you moved out before 4th grade, didnt you?
Are you a poser, dont be a poser,
you are a poser arent you?

and its McAuley genius

then you should know better. But I bet you moved out before 4th grade, didnt you?
Are you a poser, dont be a poser,
you are a poser arent you?

and its McAuley genius
nope, lived in the city my whole non-adult life.

you are hitting as often here as Rice does state championships.

Reactions: Bowie50
nope, lived in the city my whole non-adult life.

you are hitting as often here as Rice does state championships.
hitting state championships?
you are better than that, come on brother.
westlawn to naz, dont see that very often.

You make it a great day, at least we can agree that IHSA was not happy with all the catholic schools downstate.
LA would beat Naz by 30

Reactions: Fortis2005
i have nothing against you or Rice. many good friends went to Rice. I just think your perception of the Southside is a bit much. very nearsighted.

enlighten me, what do you feel my perception is? nearsighted in what way?
You think kids on the Southside have some inherent grit or grind based on "neighborhoods". Frankly I can't determine your exact point and nor can @USD24 . So please enlighten us.

I said the CCL blue schedule along with crossover games is a grind that I dont think any other conference is the state has to endure.

I do feel the southside is extremely unique in the fact of how many different choices a young man has for high school and how that choice for some talented kids is treated like a signing day on espn. I dont really agree with 14yr old kids being recruited but its the reality. Its a cutthroat, eat or be eaten business when trying to recruit 8th graders to take the entrance exam and more importantly registrar for class in Aug.

I think the southside has an uniqueness of kids playing grammar school sports for their school against other catholic grammar schools since 3rd or 4th grade and continuing playing against or with each other in high school. I grew up on a block with my three best friends from grammar school and all four us went to different High Schools. All of us on the same block, same side of the street. You dont think I wanted to beat them in everything so I didnt catch S*** from them at little suzys keg party after the game.

The difference on the southside for me is you are kept in check, you never know when you could be at a party or the park and there be students from every other catholic high school there waiting for you to slip up. I dont think this happens as much as in other parts of the city/state.

This type of atmosphere which has been around for decades spanning generations in families has created very elite alliances to certain South Side Catholic High Schools. Im not saying this doesnt happen in other parts of the state or country but I havnt seen it so I can only go off what I know. This alliances and pride in one's school had caused incredible rivalries between schools, some almost a 100 years old (SR vs MC).

Reactions: Cmon Now
I said the CCL blue schedule along with crossover games is a grind that I dont think any other conference is the state has to endure.

I do feel the southside is extremely unique in the fact of how many different choices a young man has for high school and how that choice for some talented kids is treated like a signing day on espn. I dont really agree with 14yr old kids being recruited but its the reality. Its a cutthroat, eat or be eaten business when trying to recruit 8th graders to take the entrance exam and more importantly registrar for class in Aug.

I think the southside has an uniqueness of kids playing grammar school sports for their school against other catholic grammar schools since 3rd or 4th grade and continuing playing against or with each other in high school. I grew up on a block with my three best friends from grammar school and all four us went to different High Schools. All of us on the same block, same side of the street. You dont think I wanted to beat them in everything so I didnt catch S*** from them at little suzys keg party after the game.

The difference on the southside for me is you are kept in check, you never know when you could be at a party or the park and there be students from every other catholic high school there waiting for you to slip up. I dont think this happens as much as in other parts of the city/state.

This type of atmosphere which has been around for decades spanning generations in families has created very elite alliances to certain South Side Catholic High Schools. Im not saying this doesnt happen in other parts of the state or country but I havnt seen it so I can only go off what I know. This alliances and pride in one's school had caused incredible rivalries between schools, some almost a 100 years old (SR vs MC).
Bruh you need to travel

Hahaha, I dont even live in IL anymore and havnt for a long time.

you asked for clarification and I did my best to explain it. I do have a lot of pride being where Im from and hope other people feel the same way about their hometown or city.

Reactions: Gene K.

you asked for clarification and I did my best to explain it. I do have a lot of pride being where Im from and hope other people feel the same way about their hometown or city.
i get it, i love being a Chicagoan. made me who i am. alas, we just are humans like everyone else.

there you go..
LA 47- Naz 17
the only reason I give Naz 17 is JJ McCarthy

Last edited:

Where you at now Krock? And don’t say Indiana or Alabama because just mere mention of those states will get a whole different conversation started.

Where you at now Krock? And don’t say Indiana or Alabama because just mere mention of those states will get a whole different conversation started.
I can speak on teams I have seen play in person. Brother Rice? Possibly a one and done this year?H-F over Maine South? Not even concerned about LWE at 5 Corey...reload time there. Watched your son on the ‘05 game with the sack of the ages lining up at right tackle on Knight of MS. Enjoy facts.

Didn't LA lose to the only 5a team they played? I would say that is much worse than losing to the only 8a team
you play
I watched CG play Crete Monee 6A game , power run team and a good one . But I think Simeon or Batavia would have beat them .

P4a-HalSmithOtis.jpg

Did someone say highballs?

I can speak on teams I have seen play in person. Brother Rice? Possibly a one and done this year?H-F over Maine South? Not even concerned about LWE at 5 Corey...reload time there. Watched your son on the ‘05 game with the sack of the ages lining up at right tackle on Knight of MS. Enjoy facts.

Lol
Should of had 2 sacks tell me the other wasn’t intentional grounding! Just saying!

I watched CG play Crete Monee 6A game , power run team and a good one . But I think Simeon or Batavia would have beat them .
CG beat every team they faced. They beat 6A 7A and 8A teams. They won the class they are in by being the BEST 6A TEAM IN ILLINOIS in 2018. Do they need to beat every 7A and 8A to be relevant?

Reactions: greatgig13
CG beat every team they faced. They beat 6A 7A and 8A teams. They won the class they are in by being the BEST 6A TEAM IN ILLINOIS in 2018. Do they need to beat every 7A and 8A to be relevant?
I’ll bet they won’t get their shot at Alabama.

Reactions: Wolffan64
Also need to factor in season playing time for a CCL Blue team vs. other conferences. With every week, every game being competitive in the CCL Blue, those CCL Blue starters play every down, even against a "down year" team like Rita this year. Rita stayed within a score or 2 of every game (minus LA), so even getting the win against them, your starters never leave the field. If you are a team in a weaker conference putting running clocks on teams or just winning by a lot in most games, then your starters play a quarter and a half or 2 quarters for what isn't even a competitive 2 quarters. By the time playoffs start, your CCL Blue starters have a lot more playing time and have been thru close games, battled thru minor injuries, learned from mistakes, matured thru repetition, etc..

Also need to factor in season playing time for a CCL Blue team vs. other conferences. With every week, every game being competitive in the CCL Blue, those CCL Blue starters play every down, even against a "down year" team like Rita this year. Rita stayed within a score or 2 of every game (minus LA), so even getting the win against them, your starters never leave the field. If you are a team in a weaker conference putting running clocks on teams or just winning by a lot in most games, then your starters play a quarter and a half or 2 quarters for what isn't even a competitive 2 quarters. By the time playoffs start, your CCL Blue starters have a lot more playing time and have been thru close games, battled thru minor injuries, learned from mistakes, matured thru repetition, etc..

The CCL Blue is a 5 team conference so you only play 4 games as opposed to the 7 most other conferences play. You may play 4 tough games but depending on your crossovers and non conference you could get a schedule like Montini had this year that has 4 tough CCLB games and 5 easy games. Many conferences can give you 4 tough games like the CCLB.

The CCL Blue is a 5 team conference so you only play 4 games as opposed to the 7 most other conferences play. You may play 4 tough games but depending on your crossovers and non conference you could get a schedule like Montini had this year that has 4 tough CCLB games and 5 easy games. Many conferences can give you 4 tough games like the CCLB.

For example, The Dukane (which had a very nice playoff showing in its first year) will only get stronger overall in the coming years.

Not that it really matters and just split’n hairs, but there are some seasons where teams like LA will sit their starters by half or mid third in 4-6 of their regulars season games.

Interesting but extremely useless tidbit from the Mustangs past 3-6 regular season that I looked up as I was on the Lazy boy watching the Bears: According to Cal preps, they would have gone 22-10 against the 32 7A state qualifiers.

ADVERTISEMENT