ADVERTISEMENT

FREE: Week 5 Marquee Sports Network/EDGYTIM Chicagoland Top 30 poll

It almost seems as if Sycamore doesn't exist. It is understandable that a person might list Morris in the top 30 and not Sycamore. Afterall, the season-ending game between the two teams is probably a coin toss, and with the game being played at Morris perhaps they should be the choice.

Sandburg plays one good game and cracks the top 30. One should not read too much into two games, but sometimes it can be enlightening. Sandburg had to work hard to come away with a 7-point victory over DeKalb. Sycamore beat DeKalb by 35 points.

Then I thought, perhaps Sycamore is not considered to be in the Chicagoland area? Knowing that they had a good team last year, I looked to see if they might have been listed in the Chicagoland top 30 last year. They were; so location could not be the reason they are not ranked this year.

I was about to put the matter aside and consider it just a "dealer's choice" kind of situation, when something about the Morris listing caught my eye. The most difficult game remaining on the Morris schedule was Richmond-Burton. It was Richmond-Burton, not Sycamore. It was then that I came to realize Sycamore was just a figment of my imagination... that it didn't really exist.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT