ADVERTISEMENT

Feeto's Friday Upset Special........

I'll take that spread in a heartbeat.
Both really good teams, but HC is loaded all over the field. They might lose, I don't think so, but if they do it will be a dogfight.
From what i read with team previews, I would think this weather is more advantageous to Hin C as well

Week #1 ....... The week we've been anticipating for 9 months. This is always the hardest week of the year to pick an upset, because there's really not a lot of info out there. I've set myself up with some huge shoes to fill after the awe inspiring season I had last year, but I'll do my best. For this weeks upset we'll head up to DeKalb, home of NIU, Tom & Jerry's Gyros and the Preseason Prep Bowl. This week upset is ...... The Vikings of St. Laurence over the Redwings of Benet Academy. Now I know what you're all thinking " He's only picking St. Larry because of Coach Frank" well, you're partly right. I'm picking St. L because they have everything going for them. Tons of speed, a new found sense of pride(3 years in the making) a great head coach in Harold Blackmon and the greatest coaching mind in Illinois history. I'll be honest and tell you that all I really know about Benet is that they made the State semi-finals the last 2 years, are ranked in the top 25, and they have 11 returning starters. I'll take the Vikings tomorrow afternoon. Final score....... St. Laurence 28 - Benet 21. That's my upset for this week. What are your thoughts, and who's your upset?

Benet’s o-line is even bigger this year than the one that rolled over the Vikings in Burbank last season. Benet could have scored 60 last year if they did not clear the bench in the 4th quarter. They should be able to run at will. Benet started a senior QB last year in his first varsity start. The junior QB for Benet this year has 7 varsity starts and three in the playoffs. Only issue for Benet is they lost their best defensive coach late in the summer. Not sure how that will effect what is usually a stout defense. Benet will lose some conference games this year and they know this is a must win to return to the playoffs.

Week #1 ....... The week we've been anticipating for 9 months. This is always the hardest week of the year to pick an upset, because there's really not a lot of info out there. I've set myself up with some huge shoes to fill after the awe inspiring season I had last year, but I'll do my best. For this weeks upset we'll head up to DeKalb, home of NIU, Tom & Jerry's Gyros and the Preseason Prep Bowl. This week upset is ...... The Vikings of St. Laurence over the Redwings of Benet Academy. Now I know what you're all thinking " He's only picking St. Larry because of Coach Frank" well, you're partly right. I'm picking St. L because they have everything going for them. Tons of speed, a new found sense of pride(3 years in the making) a great head coach in Harold Blackmon and the greatest coaching mind in Illinois history. I'll be honest and tell you that all I really know about Benet is that they made the State semi-finals the last 2 years, are ranked in the top 25, and they have 11 returning starters. I'll take the Vikings tomorrow afternoon. Final score....... St. Laurence 28 - Benet 21. That's my upset for this week. What are your thoughts, and who's your upset?

Lockport over Providence

Reactions: superac777
Gents, Provi lost some excellent players from last year but they have not gone back to the prehistoric days of high school football! Keep in mind many talented players from Lockport did not return to football for their senior year. I know their are many PC nay-sayers out there but there is no way we lose to Lockport. PCs question mark this year will be defense with only 1 returning starter who was a sophomore last year. I’m sure as the season progresses there will need to be adjustments however PC coaching historically (Cogs era) has been, lets say, not the sharpest on adjustments. See you all in DeKalb tomorrow! Look for PC Men’s Club bus in parking lot C2. Join us for a beer and a burger.

Reactions: kitty_bintingot
Lockport over Providence

Duhawk:

Stealing my thunder? I had planned on surprising posters for several weeks with this one.

You see, this is the trouble with Hinsdale Central parents: They think they know something about everything and have this insatiable desire to upstage others.

I’ve been saying JCA over SR the past few weeks and with the rain I think it even more. JCA 21-17
I agree. JCA looks good. It’s windy today. Passing for Rita will be difficult. Don’t need rain. JCA 30 Rita 14

Coal City over Morris. Also JCA over St Rita. I think the JCA defense is a little bit better than most people think, not to mention, they may have the scariest tandem of running backs in the state.

Bloom Township is letting me down.Hate Bishop Mac after they forfeited to Hope Academy last year.Bloom Township ofc can't afford 2 sports or band programs yet can afford to build a new school and get turf

I'll be there tonight. I looked long and hard at this one, but I just don't think JCA has the horses. They still have crazy low numbers and seem to be having trouble fielding teams at each level.[/QUOTE

I would say JCA had the horses. For a program that had trouble fielding teams at each level, they had a pretty good weekend. Beat Rita at the varsity and frosh levels and lost at the JV level on basically the last play of the game. Based on week one results, I would say the program looks to be in pretty good shape.

Reactions: Duhawk44
My Lord, you JCA posters are the most insecure posters I’ve seen. YOU ARE GOOD ENOUGH! YOU ARE SMART ENOUGH! GOSH DARN IT PEOPLE LIKE YOU!!
That said, looks like you guys will have a decent team, or on the other hand bad news for the Mustang. Time will tell. Never get too high on the highs or too low with the lows!

Reactions: crusader_of_90
My Lord, you JCA posters are the most insecure posters I’ve seen. YOU ARE GOOD ENOUGH! YOU ARE SMART ENOUGH! GOSH DARN IT PEOPLE LIKE YOU!!
That said, looks like you guys will have a decent team, or on the other hand bad news for the Mustang. Time will tell. Never get too high on the highs or too low with the lows!
(Insert throat clearing sound here)

Why are you yelling?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT