ADVERTISEMENT

Fake Recruit Gets a 3 Star Rating and Multiple Offers

I'll address this since I'm on the same network involved and have been for many years.

No question whoever or however this went down is flat out wrong and I'm hoping action will be taken. I'm sure all of us in this network will take some flack and some low blows and that's expected at this point.

I have been on this network for roughly 20 plus years...and while someone screwed up no question this network is also loaded with true professionals, many of whom I call friends and who I'm proud to work with. These same people I still believe in and who put in hard work daily and have for many years. These same people also take this responsibility on and understand the importance of earning trust daily. The internal system in place to avoid this sort of things from happening obviously broke down and I fully expect changes to be in place ASAP.

All I can tell you is my work process and how I go about doing what I do.

I "discover" kids in many different sources...from HS coaches to college coaches to personal observations to parents to posters to many others in between including various forms of communication. I add NO ONE into the Rivals database until I either
1. see the recruiting in question play either in person at a camp/showcase in a live game and/or on video.
2. I also contact coaches at various levels for personal recommendations
3. I feel I'm at a bit of an advantage because I've been blessed for doing this long enough to where in most cases I'm able to back check any potential "offers" extended via a large network of college coaches and contacts.

Whenever I speak with a potential recruit initially...and in roughly 95 plus percent of the time when I write stories daily...I actually verbally talk with them either in over the phone or in person, take full notes and also check and recheck information from them etc.

In short...I always go above and beyond and always will to ensure that everything is handled correctly, professionally and also understanding at all times that I'm dealing with kids, parents, coaches on a daily basis and that I do everything I can to ensure that everything you read here is correct and accurate and that kids I list and write about are legit.

I can bore you with stories of the amount of kids who've attempted to Catfish me many times over the years and my successes in catching them but that's not me and never will be. Now more than ever I'm more than Ok with not listing a kid with an "offer" or a "commitment" until it's confirmed.

So this incident happened. I wish it hadn't happened. Like everyone in life you learn from mistakes and hopefully get better from those mistakes and then move forward.

All I know is that I got up today, went back to work and made sure that I did my job to the best of my abilities. And I'm planning (God willing) to continue to continue to wake up every morning and keep doing things what I feel are the "right" way for many years to come.

If you have any questions about anything here ask.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT