ADVERTISEMENT

Eve of the big Entrance Exam

ssczar76

Aug 20, 2011
Hearing MC cleaning up for a 2nd year in a row. Rita looks promising. Marist always up there. Rice needs a strong walk up to mirror last year.

Thoughts?

Hearing MC cleaning up for a 2nd year in a row. Rita looks promising. Marist always up there. Rice needs a strong walk up to mirror last year.

Thoughts?

Knew the moment Lynch got hired he was going to clean up on the south side. Very likeable guy and his resume speaks for itself. I imagine 14-0 will only compound his success.

Reactions: WizardOfWoodlawn
I will state again: This is not the 90s or 2000s anymore. Parents (and players) are smarter now than ever before and there are less of them.

So they really look for the right fit and opportunities during their most important 4 years where potential will meet reality. And it comes down to early hudl views so Frosh dominance doesn’t mean as much as it used to. St. Rita’s excellent Soph and Junior class is a direct result of them being down for a couple years prior. This year’s MC frosh Team is a direct result of a relatively softer Soph class as compared to Marist, SR and BR’s sophomore classes.

Can MC, or any south side private, build a dynasty again in this environment? They are the favorites for next year too because of that special junior class. But it looks like all the south side private programs are extremely healthy with all finishing at Semis or further with many non-seniors contributing greatly.

And that’s great news. While I favor St. Rita, I seriously wish success for all the families and schools that sacrifice and provide for Catholic high school education.

I wish all the Catholic schools success tomorrow and hope all the prospective students find the right fit with one of the great institutions available on the South Side.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT