ADVERTISEMENT

Evaluation: Waubonsie Valley TE Charles Robinson

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
Note: All heights/weights are estimates and can and will change.

Name: Charles Robinson

School: Waubonsie Valley

Graduation Year: 2018

Position: Tight End/Defensive End

Height: 6-foot-4

Weight: 220 pounds

Recruiting Status: Verbally committed to NIU on August 19th 2017.

Has EDGY seen him Live? Yes. Multiple times since 2015

About Charles Robinson: Robinson has been an impact player for Waubonsie Valley since his sophomore season. Robinson also played for Boom Midwest over the past few seasons and was also a key part of the program's top program. Robinson has drawn offers from the likes of Iowa State, Minnesota, Mississippi State, NIU and New Mexico. Robinson is expected to start this at both tight end and also either on the Warriors defensive line or at linebacker in 2017.

EDGY's Take: Charles Robinson has Power 5 athletic ability, skills, motor and hunger in my opinion. Robinson is a down in and down out tight end who can line up in the slot, play a more traditional on the line of scrimmage blocking tight end as needed. Robinson plays hard and extremely physical and shows exceptional hands. Robinson has good speed and also runs strong routes. I've been impressed with Robinson's ability to just go get the football, outfight and outreach defenders with a combination of body control, reach. hand strength and flat out desire. Robinson also has impressive hands over the past few seasons. Robinson just also always found a way to make big plays for Waubonsie Valley over the past few years.

Could improve upon: Robinson is basically a what you see is what you'll get recruit, meaning don't expect a huge growth spurt after he leaves high school. Robinson is closer to 6-foot-3 than 6-foot-5 and can also work on improving his overall separation speed. Robinson's
overall academics have been an issue from early on in his process.

EDGY's Early Evaluation: I have Robinson ranked as a high 3 star to low 4 star recruiting and in my opinion is simply one of the top 2018 names still on the board. I truly feel that Robinson could wind up playing say WR/TE or even say a DE at the college level. Seldom will you find a kid with a combination of speed, size, strength and just an overall high level of athleticism and is also a player who can contribute at several spots if needed. Whoever lands Robinson will wind up with a player who can step in and become a quick contributor as well as a potential long term starter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT