Channahon Illinois
Name: JJ Guedet

Position: Offensive Tackle

High School: Washington Community High School

Graduation Year: 2019

Height: 6-foot-8

Weight: 255 pounds

Video Link:

My impressions of JJ Guedet: I had a chance to see JJ Guedet in person last summer at an Illinois State one day camp along as playing in the IHSA Class 5A state title game. Guedet worked as an offensive linemen and that ISU camp. Guedet, who also played defensive line the past few seasons for the Panthers and head coach Darrell Crouch. Guedet is also a basketball player for Washington and has also played on the AAU circuit for years.

Evaluation of JJ Guedet: Guedet is an eyeball passing offensive tackle who could wind up becoming one of the more sought after offensive tackles in the Class of 2019. Guedet has tremendous height/length and an extra long wingspan.

Guedet will no question add more weight and bulk over the next few years. Guedet certainly has the frame and width to get bigger/stronger at the college level. Guedet also moved well for such a big kid....shows good overall first step and possesses good lateral speed/movement.

Will need to continue to hit the weight room hard along with adding more weight and for now is still a bit light weight-wise. Guedet is also still learning the position and will also need to improve his overall quickness and technique, especially when it comes to better using his hands and developing a punch. Also needs to work on and continue to improve his overall bend/staying low out of his stance and also needs to improve his overall explosion off the snap.

I would also like to see Guedet attack more and finish his blocks better than what he shows on high junior video at times. Again I feel with more weight and more strength will come a bigger and stronger OL with the ability to finish off opposing defenders much better.

While Guedet's junior tape shows he's far from a finished product....I feel that his overall size/length and down the line potential and upside will make him attractive to multiple BCS level schools. I'm definitely looking forward to see Guedet's progression over the next 12-18 months.

Projected level: I would rank out Guedet to start as a low to mid 3 star recruit, yet I also see a kid with the overall physical tools and potential to continue to climb into the upper 3 star even say a lower 4 star with continued work and progression in his game. The offensive tackles group in Illinois remains light and that also includes the Midwest...and Guedet's overall stock will see a big boost sooner rather than later based off the overall demand alone.

Reactions: Littlefinger
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT