Position: OLB

High School:
Lake Zurich

Graduation Year: 2019

Height: 6-foot-2

Weight: 195 pounds

Video Link:

My impressions of Luke Dwyer:
I was able to see Luke Dwyer live twice in 2017 against Montini early in the regular season along with seeing Dwyer in the 7A state title game. Dwyer was an all conference and all area player in 2017 for the Bears.

Evaluation of Luke Dwyer:
Luke Dwyer is a very impressive player who has a ton to offer at the college level. Dwyer has good speed and quickness along with having a frame that will add more good weight and strength over the next 12-16 months. Dwyer is also a very fundamentally sound linebacker on several levels. Dwyer possesses very good instincts who can also read and react quickly along with possessing strong closing speed and also is a strong tackler/finisher. Dwyer also has good overall coverage skills and looks very comfortable whether defending the run and/or dropping back in pass coverage. Dwyer also looks to have good overall ball skills.

Questions or possible room for improvement for Dwyer? Dwyer as mentioned will no question need to add more weight and size for the college level. Dwyer is for now a bit under weight yet has the frame and potential to wind up playing at say 210-220 pounds at the college level. Dwyer will also need to add a bit more strength along with maintaining his speed and quickness. Like all high school level linebackers, Dwyer will also need to continue to work on and improve his coverage skills and backpedal,

Projected level:

Rivals.com has yet to rank Luke Dwyer. I will start Dwyer as a high two star and is also a name who with more growth and development could easily wind up as a low to mid three star ranked recruit down the line. Dwyer no question is right now a bit of a development guy, but Dwyer also is a kid who also could develop into a big time player and a longer term starter and impact player.

I was really impressed with Dwyer this past season live. Dwyer as mentioned has good tools and the potential to get bigger and stronger. Dwyer has several FCS level offers yet I also feel that he also has a chance to wind up at say the mid D1 level with a strong spring and summer camp circuit. Dwyer reminds me of say kids who wind up going to say the high FCS level or say the MAC and end up becoming longer term starters and kids who can have a shot at getting some NFL sniffs in a best case scenario.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News