Name: Jackson Carsello

Position: OG

High School: Glenbrook North

Graduation Year: 2021

Height: 6-foot-4

Weight: 265 pounds

Video Link:

My impressions of Jackson Carsello:
Jackson Carsello played offensive tackle in 2019 for the Spartans and head coach Matt Purdy and was named as an all conference and all area performer last season. Carsello, who is also a strong student in the class room has multiple scholarship offers this summer from literally every level including adding some major Power 5 offers this summer.

Evaluation of Jackson Carsello: Carsello is yet another name who I was hoping to see in person this spring at various camps and events...but thanks to COVID19 that never materialized. Carsello plsyed offensive tackle in 2019 for the Spartans but physically I feel Carsello is an ideal offensive guard.center at the3 high D1 level. Carsello has good size and is a kid who started his junior year season at 195 pounds and has grown into his current 270 pound frame. Carsello also moves well, is very fluid and athletic and is also adept at both in the run game along with his pass pro skills. Carsello has excellent balance, bend and also his overall fundamentals technique are solid. I was also impressed with Carsello's first few steps and he can quickly get into an opposing defender and uses his balance/hands and leverage to close out plays after play.

Room for improvement?
Carsello I feel still has work to do in the weight room and needs to add more strength and power for the next level. I feel Carsello uses his hands better than most high school level linemen but can greatly improve his hand use for the next level. Carsello could also work on developing and becoming a bit more explosive and a bit more quick twitch off the snap and the added quickness will no question work well for him in college.

Projected level:
Rivals has Jackson Carsello ranked as a low 3 star ranked recruit in the Class of 2021.

My Early Thoughts of Jackson Carsello?

Jackson Carsello has seen his recruiting stock steadily climb over the past 4-6 months and seeing his video it's evident why he's in such demand. Carsello just does a lot of things well here, and his added weight gain and size also adds to the intrigue for schools actively recruiting him this summer. Carsello is strong in the class room, physically has skills and tools and best of all he still has room to grow and get better from here on out. I see Carsello becoming developing Power 5 level OC/OG type who might need a red year or so to continue to add weight/strength at the college level. Again in a class that's somewhat light on OL in 2021, Carsello is easily one of the best overall bets here.

EDGYTIM Rankings: Mid Three Star

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News