Position: TE

High School:
Orion

Graduation Year: 2019

Height: 6-foot-5

Weight: 230 pounds

Video Link:

My impressions of Logan Lee:
I have been able to see and cover Logan Lee last spring at a handful of shoe showcase camps including Under Armour along with The Opening regional camp in Chicago. Lee, who is a multi-sport athlete at small enrollment Orion was also an all conference, all area and all state performer in 2017. Lee is already verbally committed to Iowa and has been pledged to the Hawkeyes since June of 2017.

Evaluation of Logan Lee:
Lee was generally impressive in a camp/combine setting last spring on several levels. Lee has an extra large size frame and is a kid who will just fill out and add more weight and size over the next year plus. Lee also runs well, has good overall ball skills and also has great length and reach. Lee also runs well, shows good hands and is able to high point the football plus also seems to have very strong overall instincts. Lee could very well develop down the line into several different spots for Iowa at the college level ( and I would not count out Lee drawing more than a few looks as say a OT?). Lee also has pretty impressive strength and can be at times overwhelming in the run game blocking at the point of attack.

Questions or possible room for improvement for Logan Lee? Lee will no question need to continue to work hard and develop several aspects of his game foe the college level in my opinion. Lee has seen very limited opponents who can at least try to measure up against him physically (again something he has zero control over and also something that I ask for literally every smaller enrollment college level recruits) and will/has he really been tested yet? Lee also will need to improve and refine his overall route running and receiver abilities. Lee at times can just steamroll an opposing defender and will need to rely more on overall technique and fundamentals once he hits the major college level.

Projected level:

Rivals.com has Logan Lee currently ranked as a low 3 star name and while this was an initial ranking (again initial rankings are 90 percent plus conservative) I would be a bit more friendly here and would rank Lee as a mid three star for now.

I felt that Logan Lee showed well last spring, had very strong 2017 season video and will have a ton of upside and physical growth over the next 12-18 plus months. Yet I would also like to see how well Lee progresses in his overall game along with seeing his continued improvements in his overall game. Lee to me has all the physical tools to become a very solid Big Ten caliber contributor who also has a real chance of developing into a longer term starter type at Iowa. The Hawkeyes also have a very good reputation of taking smaller school kids and developing them into major ballers, especially at OL and at TE over the years. Lee certainly has a chance to become another major small school find for the Hawkeyes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News