Sebastian Castro

Position: Safety

High School: Oak Lawn Richards

Graduation Year: 2019

Height: 6-foot-1

Weight: 200 pounds

Video Link

My impressions of Sebastian Castro:
I've been able to watch Sebastian Castro multiple times over the past two years including various 7on7, camps and the like. Castro is a multi-positional player for Richards and head coach Tony Sheehan who started in 2017 at QB and safety. Castro, who is also a strong student in the class room is a mature young man who is also extremely well mannered off the field.

Evaluation of Sebastian Castro: Castro is to me simply is a high level athlete who is also a smart and very instinctive player on the field regardless of the position. Castro has impressive size/strength and no question measures in at a solid 6-foot-1 and 200 pounds. Castro has good speed and with football smarts. Castro is a player who just seems to have impressive instincts, can read and react well and also has the ability to play either the run or the pass equally as well. Castro also has good speed and quickness and is also a very strong finisher and a sure tackler.

Castro is also a natural leader on and off the field for the Bulldogs. I'm always impressed with kids who just seem to have a natural leadership personality and Castro is a high character kid. I was also impressed with Castro's overall improvement and development at safety from this season compared to his 2016 season. Castro was able to play/react a bit faster, was able to play much more physical this past season especially in coming up in run support. Castro's development in the weight room this past off season no question has been a big positive I feel in this overall improvement/progression.

Questions or possible room for improvement for Sebastian Castro? I feel the highest level BCS level schools will want to see Castro improve his overall speed, quickness and closing speed.

Projected level: Castro is listed already by Rivals as a low to mid three star recruit. I can definitely see Castro staying at the mid three star level and will continue to draw recruiting looks/interest and offers from mid to lower level Big Ten schools. With continued improvement and development over the next 6-9 months I can also see Castro make a move towards a mid to upper three star ranking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT