ADVERTISEMENT

ESCC Week 6 Predictions

The only teams that are opposed to this are the schools that like being the big fish in the small pond. This merger would require everyone to work a little harder and go get more kids.

I do not see how creating more geographical rivalries and more fun for the kids is a bad thing. Who wouldn't want to see Naz v. Montini every year? Or Benet vs. Montini? Or Marist bump heads with more of the Southside school they compete with for kids?

JCA will have to match up with more of the traditional CCL schools like maybe Providence who they're competing with for kids.

Dont pull a St. Francis, thrive on the challenge!

Reactions: Gene K.
JCA will have to match up with more of the traditional CCL schools like maybe Providence who they're competing with for kids.

Dont pull a St. Francis, thrive on the challenge!
Not sure if all that has been said in this thread is accurate regarding JCA's stance. JCA scheduled Rita on all levels this year, and they have MC and Loyola on the Freshmen schedule. If JCA was against playing the current CCL schools, why did they schedule all those games this year?

Not sure if all that has been said in this thread is accurate regarding JCA's stance. JCA scheduled Rita on all levels this year, and they have MC and Loyola on the Freshmen schedule. If JCA was against playing the current CCL schools, why did they schedule all those games this year?

Maybe I was a little hard on JCA, they scheduled IC and St. Rita this year. I just think the merger would be great for all involved. I do not see an issue.

It’s not about the scheduling. My understanding is that both Marians started this move as MCc wanted to get rid of sophomore level last year and wanted to go frosh/ jv/ varsity. That was vetoed and they came up with this.

The old ESCC schools were treated horrible in the Metro back in the day. The lost every vote because the old catholic league schools out numbered the old ESCC schools. The old ads like sharp, hennessey and goforth remember those days and don’t want to live them again.

Pats
ND
Marist
Naz
Benet

'Don't talk to me about 1 game in that run.'

Your words, your summary Gooms.

'Don't talk to me about 1 game in that run.'

Your words, your summary Gooms.

Talk in naz was for racki's head. Now he'll be anointed into martyrdom over there. I'm telling you that 1 game was a turning point. Naz still ended up in the quarterfinals in their bad year.

It’s not about the scheduling. My understanding is that both Marians started this move as MCc wanted to get rid of sophomore level last year and wanted to go frosh/ jv/ varsity. That was vetoed and they came up with this.

The old ESCC schools were treated horrible in the Metro back in the day. The lost every vote because the old catholic league schools out numbered the old ESCC schools. The old ads like sharp, hennessey and goforth remember those days and don’t want to live them again.

Pats
ND
Marist
Naz
Benet

Ding Ding Ding Ding. We have a winner.

All right - here we go!

ND over Viator - by a lot (where’s the parity in this conference? Vote for the merger please!)

Marist over Marian Catholic - by a lot (where’s the parity in this conference? Vote for the merger please! It’s starting to look like the FVC, way too top heavy).

Marion over St Pats. Finally, an interesting matchup to trip up the fearless game pickers! I hear rumors, whispers, hushed tones about the strange things that happen in Woodstock. Do Marion and Glenbard West have annual groundskeeper meetings and strategies to keep the field “saturated”? Going with the home team.

Naz over CoM. Really? Do I have to say it for a 3rd time? What I would like to see is LWE and NAZ in a non conference showdown next year.

And the one you have all been waiting for...... omg I don’t know what to do. It’s an important game for both teams but a little more so for JCA I think. Benet got absolutely steamrolled last week. That hasn’t happened in a long time (not even Marist last year and Marist had like 15 sacks in the game! Benet was at least able to put up some garbage time TDs to make it look respectable!). That has to cause some doubts about where you are at as a team. Can they shake it off, burn the game film and move on? We shall see, but I’m going with...................... (the unveiling)

JCA over Benet. I think JCA can wear down a shell shocked Benet team. JCA is at home. JCA needs it more as Benet will still slide into the playoffs feasting on the imbalance in the ESCC.

And there you have it! Hopefully I stay in the top 3 in the standings!! There are some very tough games to pick coming up!

Last edited:
Atta boy voodoo. My favorite poster. I don’t know what to think of this game either. As far as this game goes, it’s a must win for sure for JCA. It is Homecoming and at home for JCA. Everyone knows how I feel about this team talent wise and a bunch of blue collar kids who have been brought up to varsity since sophomore year and was forced to start. Took their lumps over the course of two years. Now it comes to this game. Going with my heart on this one. One last time(except Marion catholic). JCA wins a close one 21-14. Go Hill!!!!!!!

Talk in naz was for racki's head. Now he'll be anointed into martyrdom over there. I'm telling you that 1 game was a turning point. Naz still ended up in the quarterfinals in their bad year.
No one and I mean no one was asking for Racki’s head. Also a win that pushed them to 3-6 instead of 2-7 wouldn’t be enough to spare someone in that scenario. The game was an important catalyst for 2011 after a very disappointing 2010 but not because they won but rather what that win stood for in honoring a fallen Roadrunner. It was a special moment and one that took ND shutting off the lights for Naz to finally leave.

Atta boy voodoo. My favorite poster. I don’t know what to think of this game either. As far as this game goes, it’s a must win for sure for JCA. It is Homecoming and at home for JCA. Everyone knows how I feel about this team talent wise and a bunch of blue collar kids who have been brought up to varsity since sophomore year and was forced to start. Took their lumps over the course of two years. Now it comes to this game. Going with my heart on this one. One last time(except Marion catholic). JCA wins a close one 21-14. Go Hill!!!!!!!
Agree with everything except for them being blue collar kids... lol. Maybe 30 years ago.

Reactions: USD24
Agree with everything except for them being blue collar kids... lol. Maybe 30 years ago.
Are you saying the term blue collar doesn’t exist anymore? I take offense to that and I’ve had a blue collar job for 28 years. Maybe you don’t know what blue collar means? I will take it as that and not pretend you don’t think there are blue collar, hard working, get your hands dirty every day people. Don’t know what you do for a living or have done nor do I care, but don’t say blue collar work ethic hasn’t existed for 30 years. That is just appalling to hear some one say that. Your entitled to say you don’t think these jca kids aren’t blue collar kids, but don’t say the maybe 30 years part. Flat out wrong. If I read this wrong, which I don’t think I have, maybe your post was suppose to be funny and I didn’t get it, I hope that was the case and just a misunderstanding.

Are you saying the term blue collar doesn’t exist anymore? I take offense to that and I’ve had a blue collar job for 28 years. Maybe you don’t know what blue collar means? I will take it as that and not pretend you don’t think there are blue collar, hard working, get your hands dirty every day people. Don’t know what you do for a living or have done nor do I care, but don’t say blue collar work ethic hasn’t existed for 30 years. That is just appalling to hear some one say that. Your entitled to say you don’t think these jca kids aren’t blue collar kids, but don’t say the maybe 30 years part. Flat out wrong. If I read this wrong, which I don’t think I have, maybe your post was suppose to be funny and I didn’t get it, I hope that was the case and just a misunderstanding.
No sir, not what I’m saying at all. JCA is a great institution with wonderful, extremely hard working people. I’m honored to call many of those people friends. I would however, say the majority of those who send their sons or daughters there would be considered white collar. I’m as blue collar as they come by the way... lol.

No sir, not what I’m saying at all. JCA is a great institution with wonderful, extremely hard working people. I’m honored to call many of those people friends. I would however, say the majority of those who send their sons or daughters there would be considered white collar. I’m as blue collar as they come by the way... lol.
Ok. That’s what I thought but the parents don’t have to have a blue collar job for the kids to be blue collar. The work ethic of this group is blue collar effort. That means they work extremely hard over the last year. They put in extra at rudys and other work out venues in the area.

No one and I mean no one was asking for Racki’s head. Also a win that pushed them to 3-6 instead of 2-7 wouldn’t be enough to spare someone in that scenario. The game was an important catalyst for 2011 after a very disappointing 2010 but not because they won but rather what that win stood for in honoring a fallen Roadrunner. It was a special moment and one that took ND shutting off the lights for Naz to finally leave.
Wow, I totally forgot about the context for that game. Thanks for posting.

Reactions: Irish LB
Ok. That’s what I thought but the parents don’t have to have a blue collar job for the kids to be blue collar. The work ethic of this group is blue collar effort. That means they work extremely hard over the last year. They put in extra at rudys and other work out venues in the area.
Absolutely no question about that. I was just taking a light hearted jab at my JCA friends, as I said, I’m blue collar and there’s no way I could flip that bill on a yearly basis.... lol!

Wow, I totally forgot about the context for that game. Thanks for posting.
It was a special moment. I don’t expect the ND guys at that time to have known what was going on but that game meant quite a bit to a lot of people.

On the surface it looked like Naz was oddly celebrating a meaningless game for them.

Reactions: Snetsrak61
NND with a running clock
Marist with a running clock
MCC in a game decided by a td
Naz with a running clock
JCA in OT
3 games that I believe end in a running clock doesn’t bode well for anyone. CCL/ESCC merger should be fun if no one gets screwed over...so it won’t be much fun

ND over Viator: A “bye” week for the Dons

Marist over MC: Running clock here

MCC over Pat’s: Pretty decent matchup here. Homefield grass gives them the late 2 score W

Naz over CoM: It will be over with when the ball is kicked off

Benet over JCA: I have to stand by my non belief of JCA on this forum. I think Benet is better than they are the last 2 weeks and JCA hasn’t done great against good teams. Benet by 17

Reactions: JolietWest89
I never remembered (or was told of) the context as to why Naz stormed the field. I was so mad at ND for blowing it I didn't care to ask.

I never remembered (or was told of) the context as to why Naz stormed the field. I was so mad at ND for blowing it I didn't care to ask.
Understandable, I think it really hurt that Dons team as you limped in at 5-4 and drew Maine South if I remember correctly.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT