ADVERTISEMENT

ESCC Week 6 Predictions

ESCC fan

Nov 15, 2003
ND-49 Viator-14...Lions staring down an 0-9 season

Marist-45 Marian Catholic-20...Marist's starters get a lot of rest before next week's showdown with Naz

MCC-24 Pats-21...Both teams sit at 3-2 with two winnable games left (Pats closes with Viator/CoM and MCC has CoM week7 and Viator week)...I think the 'Canes have the edge at home.

Naz-48 CoM-8...Meh

*GOTW* JCA-21 Benet-20...Hilltoppers absolutely need this game for their playoff hopes.Benet still has Viator/Marian so is safe.

No movement in the standings...but things are tight.

1. Voodoo Tatum (last week: 4-1, overall: 22-3 (88%))
2. pjjp (last week:5-0, overall: 30-5(86%))
2. lkhammer57 (last week: 5-0, overall: 30-5 (86%))
2. DigitalCy (last week: 5-0, overall: 30-5 (86%))
2. stonedlizard (last week: 4-1, overall: 29-6 (83%))
3. DCH88 (last week: 4-1, overall: 28-7 (80%))
4. PowerI66 (last week: 4-1, overall: 27-8 (77%))
5. Southland Fan 2016 (last week: 4-1, overall: 26-9 (74%))
6. NWSideIrish (last week: 3-2, overall: 18-7 (72%))
6. ESCC Fan (last week: 5-0, overall: 25-10 (71%))
7. JolietWest89 (last week: 4-1, overall: 19-16 (54%))

ND over Viator....long year for the Lions.

Marist over Marian of the Heights....long year for the Spartans.

MCC over Pat's....up to this point, this is the toughest conference game to pick, IMO. No idea. I'll roll with the Hurricanes at home.

Naz over Carmel....long year for the Corsairs.

Benet over JCA....Benet has a good run defense. The Hilltoppers will struggle to put up points. The Hill defense has been torched by good teams. Is Benet beat up after playing ND and Naz in consecutive weeks? The game is in Joliet. Just think Benet has too much for JCA. Hope I'm wrong.

Can't help but notice all the blowouts in this conference. IMO, it's broken and no longer works for football. When is the vote on the ESCC/CCL merger? I heard October 2nd. I know which way I would be voting.

Edited to add Naz/Carmel.

Last edited:
Reactions: MR. "T"

MCC over Pat's....up to this point, this is the toughest conference game to pick, IMO. No idea. I'll roll with the Hurricanes at home.

Benet over JCA....Benet has a good run defense. The Hilltoppers will struggle to put up points. The Hill defense has been torched by good teams. Is Benet beat up after playing ND and Naz in consecutive weeks? The game is in Joliet. Just think Benet has too much for JCA. Hope I'm wrong.

Can't help but notice all the blowouts in this conference. IMO, it's broken and no longer works for football. When is the vote on the ESCC/CCL merger? I heard October 2nd. I know which way I would be voting.
I vote yes for the ESCC/CCL merger!

BUT WHAT ABOUT THE NAZ-CARMEL SHOWDOWN?!

CCL has already voted Yes. ESCC vote Oct 2nd

The ESCC has been great up until this year really. The middle tier is way below what it normally is in this conference. A few teams from the middle tier have now joined Marian at the bottom. I don’t expect that to be a long term thing. If 3 schools vote no on merger I hear it’s vetoed. There are 3 schools that are hear are staunch no’s as we speak.

The ESCC has been great up until this year really. The middle tier is way below what it normally is in this conference. A few teams from the middle tier have now joined Marian at the bottom. I don’t expect that to be a long term thing. If 3 schools vote no on merger I hear it’s vetoed. There are 3 schools that are hear are staunch no’s as we speak.

Who are the three hold outs?

Translation: the current setup works for Naz, so the Naz folk are good with it.

Translation: the current setup works for Naz, so the Naz folk are good with it.
Come on your program has really become that much of a paper tiger that you have to run from the ESCC? The funny thing is Naz will vote yes to CCL merger and I hear JCA is vehemently against it.

Come on your program has really become that much of a paper tiger that you have to run from the ESCC? The funny thing is Naz will vote yes to CCL merger and I hear JCA is vehemently against it.
If you're right, dumb move on JCA's part. No idea why they would be against it.

BTW you’re aware Naz joined this conference and spent YEARS taking their lumps. It was all good when JCA was beating Naz by half a hundred every year. Naz built their program up, JCA can obviously do the same. Or if the conference is too rough for your liking you can run to the metro ; )

Reactions: Gene K.
I don’t care either way. I like the ESCC setup and while I don’t live the setup of the new proposed conference I wouldn’t mind the new matchups it would bring. Loyola, Rice, MC are monsters but those matchups would be fun. What I would like most is forced scheduling of Fenwick and Montini, if the conference schedules it no one can say no!

BTW you’re aware Naz joined this conference and spent YEARS taking their lumps. It was all good when JCA was beating Naz by half a hundred every year. Naz built their program up, JCA can obviously do the same. Or if the conference is too rough for your liking you can run to the metro ; )
Well, if you're right about my opinion being diametrically opposed to the school's, take it for what it's worth. One JCA fan's opinion about what the Hilltoppers should do.

Well, if you're right about my opinion being diametrically opposed to the school's, take it for what it's worth. One JCA fan's opinion about what the Hilltoppers should do.
Wouldn’t be the first time I’ve been wrong. I heard from someone that should know but you know how that goes sometimes.

I think I can pinpoint the Nazareth turnaround. About 7 or 8 years back they were 2-6 or 3-5 heading into the last game of the season at ND who was 5-3 or 6-2. Down 10 points with 4 some odd minutes to go on their own 5 yard line Nazareth came back and won. ND got Maine southed by Maine South and Naz never turned back. Remember, Racki was struggling back then as well.

Now they want to leave the ESCC? LOL.

I think I can pinpoint the Nazareth turnaround. About 7 or 8 years back they were 2-6 or 3-5 heading into the last game of the season at ND who was 5-3 or 6-2. Down 10 points with 4 some odd minutes to go on their own 5 yard line Nazareth came back and won. ND got Maine southed by Maine South and Naz never turned back. Remember, Racki was struggling back then as well.

Now they want to leave the ESCC? LOL.

Want to leave ESCC, who tf said that?

That was 2010. wasn’t the original catalyst but that was a big moment and a very emotional game for Naz.

I heard the same that JCA is very much against it. I was told reasons but are better left off the board.

If there were 2 teams that desperately wanted out the ESCC could let them go and still be fine.... wouldn’t have to have the rotation every two years... 8 teams, play the other 7, and the 2 non-conference games.

Can’t imagine Marist, Notre Dame, Benet, and Nazareth want to kill the conference.

Carmel has the size to easily turn it around, JCA the brand to turn it around, Marian Central is what they are out in their own world and as long as they get their 5 wins are fine in their playoff class.

That leaves just 3.... Viator has never been a major football school and not likely to change regardless of conference.... and not sure what to say about Pats and Marian of the Heights... again don’t think conference is going to matter much in these cases.

Want to leave ESCC, who tf said that?

That was 2010. wasn’t the original catalyst but that was a big moment and a very emotional game for Naz.
I don't think there was any single catalyst other than Racki coming on. Obviously took a couple years to get to the playoffs and a few more after that to get over the quarterfinal hump, but that was the big turning point.

Early on there was also talk of Naz of jumping to what I think eventually became the metro conference as well. Obviously they chose not too. I'm not sure how serious it was, but the administration actually reached out to student athletes on their opinion on if they wanted to stay in the ESCC.

I don't think there was any single catalyst other than Racki coming on. Obviously took a couple years to get to the playoffs and a few more after that to get over the quarterfinal hump, but that was the big turning point.
Obviously a huge piece to the puzzle.

@Voodoo Tatum 21, I feel the need to fly into town and grab @Jchill-1 and force him to go watch a Metea Valley game! He must watch the whole game including the Soph game prior and must process the entirety of the evening before posting a single word on edgy on Saturday morning @ 6am. Only then will he realize that while the JCA system is systemically archaic, they still have an opportunity to win with their coaches and players.

Oh come on CocaCoaler! I thought that was clever how he linked it to the old fashioned type offense JCA runs!!

Reactions: Voodoo Tatum 21
@Voodoo Tatum 21, I feel the need to fly into town and grab @Jchill-1 and force him to go watch a Metea Valley game! He must watch the whole game including the Soph game prior and must process the entirety of the evening before posting a single word on edgy on Saturday morning @ 6am. Only then will he realize that while the JCA system is systemically archaic, they still have an opportunity to win with their coaches and players.

Yeah - that would definitely provide a “sense of proper perspective”

The really scary thing? I will be self administering that very same punishment during week 9 ON MYSELF!! (well just the varsity part - no way am I going to watch that Soph game.)

oh how I wish the Naz/Marist game was on week 9!! I could justify skipping this game as my guess is starters only play part of game and daughters dance squad doesn’t travel to away games,....so can’t get yelled at from the wife on that side of things either!

I hope they turn it around in the next few years,.. I really do. There are athletes in that building, I have seen it first hand in several sports. They need to get more of them out for football. I honestly think they should pull a West Aurora and bolt from the DVC and take WA’s spot in the Upstate. Then when they get “healthy” and When that conference eventually opens up - they can then schedule non con games with NV and WV.

If there were 2 teams that desperately wanted out the ESCC could let them go and still be fine.... wouldn’t have to have the rotation every two years... 8 teams, play the other 7, and the 2 non-conference games.

Can’t imagine Marist, Notre Dame, Benet, and Nazareth want to kill the conference.

Carmel has the size to easily turn it around, JCA the brand to turn it around, Marian Central is what they are out in their own world and as long as they get their 5 wins are fine in their playoff class.

That leaves just 3.... Viator has never been a major football school and not likely to change regardless of conference.... and not sure what to say about Pats and Marian of the Heights... again don’t think conference is going to matter much in these cases.

I hope the merger happens for MCC’s future.

My post where meant to be funny. Geez. Lol means laughing I thought? Maybe not???? But you right coca, I see your comparison of beating a dead horse and JCA too. Lol. By the way, the posse is offended by your derogatory statement, beating a dead horse. Lol

Last edited:
Reactions: cocacoaler
At least the vote by the ESCC will be before the end of the regular season. It will be interesting to follow the discussion on this board after that happens whatever the result.

I agree. You have schools with shrinking enrollments and schools like Marist, Benet no issues at all.Merger make sense for everyone.

From Gooms:

"ND got Maine southed by Maine South and Naz never turned back."

Naz lost to an average Carmel Catholic just two seasons ago (2016)...on their field which I consider one of the toughest places to play in the ESCC, IMO.

Naz lost to an average Carmel Catholic just two seasons ago (2016)...on their field which I consider one of the toughest places to play in the ESCC, IMO.

Naz became a better program because of the game and it has led to their great run. Don't talk to me about 1 game in that run.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT