ADVERTISEMENT

ESCC Week 6 Predictions

ESCC fan

Nov 15, 2003
MCC-24 Viator-21...Huge game for both teams' playoff chances as both sit at 3-2 with ND and Pat's still on the schedule. I think MCC gets it done.

Marist-38 Pats-27...Redhawks continue to roll.

Benet-41 Marian-0

Naz-28 JCA-13...Roadrunners get back in the win column...JCA continues to seek that first win.

ND-28 CoM-12

Viator 24 MCC 14....I like the Lions at home to improve to 4-2. If they can't beat either Pat's or ND, the Week 8 game against Naz could be huge for both teams.

Marist 42 Pat's 24...the Redhawks have established themselves as the conference co-favorites with Benet. Pat's lost a tough one to their arch-rivals last week. ND held Pat's offense in check. Interesting schedule for the Shamrocks. Only one home game in the first 5, but they end the year with 4 straight games on the green cement of Hanson. Trap game for Marist?

Benet 42 Marian 7....is Benet getting their offense untracked? Week 8 at Marist for the conference championship?

Naz 34 JCA 10....Naz' offense has struggled the last three weeks. The 3-game losing streak ends here. Will Naz have enough playoff points if they finish 5-4? Winning out to get to six wins seems like a tall order with Marist looming in Week 7. And Viator is no gimme in Week 8 in Arlington Heights.

ND 24 Carmel 7....I was really impressed with ND against JCA. Ty Gavin is a top flight soph. They have a physical, hard-hitting defense and a good O-line. How strange would this be? ND lost to Benet in Week 2 in a non-con game. I expect ND to win out from here and technically finish undefeated in the conference. If Benet can beat Marist in Week 8, they should finish the conference slate undefeated as well. In this scenario, ND and Benet would tie for the conference crown, even though ND lost to Benet in Week 2, since it was a non-con game. Only in the wild and wacky scheduling world of the ESCC.

Viator 24 MCC 14....I like the Lions at home to improve to 4-2. If they can't beat either Pat's or ND, the Week 8 game against Naz could be huge for both teams.

Marist 42 Pat's 24...the Redhawks have established themselves as the conference co-favorites with Benet. Pat's lost a tough one to their arch-rivals last week. ND held Pat's offense in check. Interesting schedule for the Shamrocks. Only one home game in the first 5, but they end the year with 4 straight games on the green cement of Hanson. Trap game for Marist?

Benet 42 Marian 7....is Benet getting their offense untracked? Week 8 at Marist for the conference championship?

Naz 34 JCA 10....Naz' offense has struggled the last three weeks. The 3-game losing streak ends here. Will Naz have enough playoff points if they finish 5-4? Winning out to get to six wins seems like a tall order with Marist looming in Week 7. And Viator is no gimme in Week 8 in Arlington Heights.

ND 24 Carmel 7....I was really impressed with ND against JCA. Ty Gavin is a top flight soph. They have a physical, hard-hitting defense and a good O-line. How strange would this be? ND lost to Benet in Week 2 in a non-con game. I expect ND to win out from here and technically finish undefeated in the conference. If Benet can beat Marist in Week 8, they should finish the conference slate undefeated as well. In this scenario, ND and Benet would tie for the conference crown, even though ND lost to Benet in Week 2, since it was a non-con game. Only in the wild and wacky scheduling world of the ESCC.

I'm thinking the edge goes to Marist in their matchup with Benet in week 8? Thoughts?

I think this is Marist's true first test since the Rice game. They appear to be playing well but Pat's is going to be hungry after their tough loss last week. I'll reserve judgement for Benet game until I see how they play against Pat's. They lose to Pats then I see them losing to Benet (and even Naz). They win and I see them winning out rest of regular season schedule.

Marist has only given up 22 points last 4 games. Actually is a nice accomplishment to only allow 31 to Rice week 1. Cant imagine Pats scoring more then 14. This is not your Father's Redhawk. I will say Marist 21-7.

Last edited:
Naz over JCA...should be a close one as this has been a heated rival over the past 5 years 24-17
Pats over Marist...upset of the week. Early game on Saturday...Marist still sleeping 27-24
Viator over MCC...New life after big win over Carmel 24-17
Benet over MC...48-0
Carmel over ND...17-14 Trap game for ND after big win over Pats

Naz over JCA...should be a close one as this has been a heated rival over the past 5 years 24-17
Pats over Marist...upset of the week. Early game on Saturday...Marist still sleeping 27-24
Viator over MCC...New life after big win over Carmel 24-17
Benet over MC...48-0
Carmel over ND...17-14 Trap game for ND after big win over Pats
Interesting point - I think Marist has lost it's only day game so far. Could be a big benefit to Pat's plus playing on the green concrete

Naz scored only one offensive TD. rest of game they were pretty much muffled. Their other score was a pick 6. That and penalties really hurt Naz. They had one big play of about 30 yards called back on a holding call and another that was a TD called back on illegal motion.

Benet has allowed 54 points in last 4 games, however, 14 of those were off of pick 6's. Benet's defense is the strong suit this year.

Even the ND game, Benet forced a couple of 4th and outs in big series.

in the MCC game they had a 1st and goal at 3 yard line (followed by a 2nd and 1 foot) with 90 seconds left and held.

What happened to Naz against Benet? I was surprised at how convincing the final was.
pjjp - Convincing ? It was a 5 point game.
Norm - we scored 2 offensive Tds.
9 penalties for Naz 0 for Benet ? Which was strange in itself but what was even more strange that no flags on them in the Soph game either.
10 points taken off the board due to penalties. Including a 53 yard FG that was good.
Just need to put a full game together but time is not on our side.

Like I said, the penalties hurt. The FG was negated by delay of game. the TD was negated by one of the trips on the right side taking 2 steps before snap, which really hurt since ball went to other side of field.

I don't know on the Benet side on penalties. they did have zero, but, that was the second game like that this year.

seemed most of the penalties called on Naz were pretty obvious, such as the horse collar on the D on 3rd down on what would have been a big stop, Benet scored on next play.

Also the targeting call in the 2nd quarter on the hit on the Q. Again was a 3rd down play that extended drive

I think, maybe 1 holding call? maybe two? then a couple of off sides. seemed that most of them were the obvious type and not the ticky tacky variety.

I don't know, maybe that is my bias.

guess that is why they play the games. We will find out in a couple of weeks.

ND, Marist, Pats and Benet are all vying for the title - no clear cut winner as of yet.

pjjp - Convincing ? It was a 5 point game.
Norm - we scored 2 offensive Tds.
9 penalties for Naz 0 for Benet ? Which was strange in itself but what was even more strange that no flags on them in the Soph game either.
10 points taken off the board due to penalties. Including a 53 yard FG that was good.
Just need to put a full game together but time is not on our side.

Both the IHSA website and the ESCC website have the final as Benet 35 Nazareth 7.

Like I said, the penalties hurt. The FG was negated by delay of game. the TD was negated by one of the trips on the right side taking 2 steps before snap, which really hurt since ball went to other side of field.

I don't know on the Benet side on penalties. they did have zero, but, that was the second game like that this year.

seemed most of the penalties called on Naz were pretty obvious, such as the horse collar on the D on 3rd down on what would have been a big stop, Benet scored on next play.

Also the targeting call in the 2nd quarter on the hit on the Q. Again was a 3rd down play that extended drive

I think, maybe 1 holding call? maybe two? then a couple of off sides. seemed that most of them were the obvious type and not the ticky tacky variety.

I don't know, maybe that is my bias.
Could be but on the Benet TD in the corner the D tackle that was going for the sack was tackled by the center, no hold? also that "targeting" hit was actually a hit to the shoulder. I'll try and find the picture and post. And that was a freshman who made that hit. I'm don't want to complain about our penalties because like you said most were obvious it was the couple non calls that got me.

Soph game was 35-7
Varsity 27-22, or 21

Penalties killed the little Momentum the D was creating, however as the Godfather said..they have to get a full game together. Benet is a good team and earned that W, they stayed well composed last 4 min when the Naz D was swarming to give the O a chance.
Both the IHSA website and the ESCC website have the final as Benet 35 Nazareth 7.

Could be but on the Benet TD in the corner the D tackle that was going for the sack was tackled by the center, no hold? also that "targeting" hit was actually a hit to the shoulder. I'll try and find the picture and post. And that was a freshman who made that hit. I'm don't want to complain about our penalties because like you said most were obvious it was the couple non calls that got me.

Godfather, don't know on the hold for the TD, honestly did not see, wasn't looking in the backfield.

I saw the EZ film and the side view film for the targeting call, its clear as day, it was without a doubt the correct call. It was a shoulder to the chin hit dead flush, that knocked his helmet off and 2 feet backwards. Frankly, I don't know how the Q stayed in the game. Naz was fortunate that the player was not ejected. The penalty was the right call.

Godfather, don't know on the hold for the TD, honestly did not see, wasn't looking in the backfield.

I saw the EZ film and the side view film for the targeting call, its clear as day, it was without a doubt the correct call. It was a shoulder to the chin hit dead flush, that knocked his helmet off and 2 feet backwards. Frankly, I don't know how the Q stayed in the game. Naz was fortunate that the player was not ejected. The penalty was the right call.

I also don't think the hit was deliberate, but, a bang bang play. Want to be clear about that. But it was a clear hard hit to head.

I also don't think the hit was deliberate, but, a bang bang play. Want to be clear about that. But it was a clear hard hit to head.
We can just agree to disagree I have stills along with seeing the film and think he was on the side of the head on the shoulder pad.

Respectfully disagree. ESCC is a hot mess this year, and Benet is no exception. Marist 38 Benet 14.
Keep in mind, I thought the Benet / Naz score was 35-7 in favor of the Redwings. The fact Benet "only" won by 5 does impact many of my previous comments in this thread. I'm more inclined to make Marist a strong favorite in that game.

Reactions: mchsalumni
Montclair State University
Southeast Missouri State University
Central Missouri
Metropolitan State University of Denver
University of San Francisco

These are a few of my favorite obscure colleges

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT