ADVERTISEMENT

ESCC Week 11 Predictions

ESCC fan

Nov 15, 2003
Turns out, predictors were bit too optimistic as nearly everyone called for a clean ESCC sweep. No one expected Benet to stumble round 1. Things only get more difficult from here...

8A: (GOTW) Marist - 42 Naperville Central - 38...Expect a high scoring game. This one will be fun and may come down to who has the ball last.

7A: Naz - 30 Hersey - 22...Hersey did not face the toughest schedule this season but they looked damn good round 1. This one will be CLOSE.

6A: CLS - 28 NND-17...Have a bad feeling about this one. CLS looks like a really tough team putting up tough fights against CG and PR (although I am not sure about that loss to Dundee Crown). Gavin was not 100% last against Iggy (did not even play defense) and ND's offense was completely lifeless in the first half with only 15 total yards. Showed some signs of life in the 2nd half but not enough to give me confidence. Gators win on their home field.

5A: JCA - 42 Marion - 14...Hilltoppers are rolling....

Standings (It's the playoffs--everyone starts 0-0!)

1. ESCC fan (4-1)
1. pjjp (4-1)
1. lkhammer57 (4-1)
1. JolietWest 89 (4-1)
1. DigitalCy (4-1)
1. PowerI66 (4-1)
2. goomsback (3-2)

NC-Marist will be a shootout. NC comes up with crazy wins in the playoffs so I'm thinking they edge the Redhawks.

Naz will be a blowout. 42-10

NND, is your RB back? If yes, ND by 10.

JCA getting hot at the right time. JCA by 21.

Turns out, predictors were bit too optimistic as nearly everyone called for a clean ESCC sweep. No one expected Benet to stumble round 1. Things only get more difficult from here...

8A: (GOTW) Marist - 42 Naperville Central - 38...Expect a high scoring game. This one will be fun and may come down to who has the ball last.

7A: Naz - 30 Hersey - 22...Hersey did not face the toughest schedule this season but they looked damn good round 1. This one will be CLOSE.

6A: CLS - 28 NND-17...Have a bad feeling about this one. CLS looks like a really tough team putting up tough fights against CG and PR (although I am not sure about that loss to Dundee Crown). Gavin was not 100% last against Iggy (did not even play defense) and ND's offense was completely lifeless in the first half with only 15 total yards. Showed some signs of life in the 2nd half but not enough to give me confidence. Gators win on their home field.

5A: JCA - 42 Marion - 14...Hilltoppers are rolling....

Standings (It's the playoffs--everyone starts 0-0!)

1. ESCC fan (4-1)
1. pjjp (4-1)
1. lkhammer57 (4-1)
1. JolietWest 89 (4-1)
1. DigitalCy (4-1)
1. PowerI66 (4-1)
2. goomsback (3-2)

ESCC Fan - always enjoy reading your posts, but have to say that I'm really glad that the boys from Maine West were able to beat all of the predictions on the board... both Benet and MW played their tails off on Friday night in a great game, but MW was able to jump out to a pretty good lead and then bleed the game away... great competitors on both sides of the ball and hated to see anyone lose.

Great way for MW to break out and take the next step... they now have nothing to lose and do have the play-makers on both sides of the ball to hopefully give Willowbrook all they can handle....

Come out on Saturday afternoon and watch a little non-catholic league football... I'll buy at the concession stand!

Marist over NC....this is a great matchup. Marist's defense has been very good this year....highlighted by holding Naz to one offensive TD. They will be tested here. Peyton Thorne is arguably the best QB in the state. NC will put points on the board. The Marist offense has been a bit quiet of late. They will need to rise to the occasion against a NC defense that has been lit up in some games. The game is in Naperville. I like the Redhawks defense to make enough stops to pull this one out. This might turn out to be the best game in all of Round 2.

Naz over Hersey....too big. Too fast. Too good. Hersey has had a nice year, but they haven't seen a team with Naz' talent.

CLS over ND....the Dons have struggled the last three games. This is a stern test in Crystal Lake. The Gators have a big, dominating O-line, and ND had trouble with JC's run game. Gavin means so much to ND, and you have to wonder about his health. The Gators have been battle tested in the Fox Valley. This is another very good match up.

JCA over Marion....the Hilltoppers seem to be rolling. They looked great against ND in the second half in Week 9 and had a surprisingly convincing victory against Metamora on the road. They are home here, and it's an awfully long trip from Marion to Joliet. JC's defense is playing much better.

Reactions: USD24
8A: Naperville Central - 28 Marist- 14 this will be a very good game between the two RedHawk teams.

7A: Naz - 30 Hersey - 7 Naz is just too physical and fast for Hersey. They have been playing at a very high level all season.

6A: NND-21 CLS- 7 score depends on if Gavin plays or not.. expecting ND to win this one

5A: JCA- 42 Marion- 0. JCA back to their old ways in Class 5A.

Marist 49-NC 38. Games gonna be a shootout but I like Marist and the wideouts they have with Markett at qb.

Hersey 31-Naz 21. I know Naz is good and everyone has them to win but I think Hersey plays with heart and I think they’re too much for McCarthy.

NND 17-CLS 10. Game depends in gavins health. Anywhere near 100% for Gavin means an NND win but if not it’ll be tough for the dons to get the offense going.

JCA A LOT-Marion 0. JCA is rolling and with there 2 backs with the O-Line they have, they’re gonna roll through Marion until Highland next week.

Marist
nAz
CLS
JCA

NC keeps it close in a wild and crazy shootout. Their D is what scares me.

Gavin healthy I might go with NND - but they hosed me in week 9 with Gavin sitting out. I will go with CLS until I hear he is back and healthy.

Marist over Naperville Central: While NC being very good, they do not strike fear across the state like they have in the past few years. Their overall depth and high number of athletes will make this an extremely competitive game, I think Marist pulls this one out. Keep an eye out for an oddity or 2 like a safety, blocked pat, or something that makes this a 4 or 5 point game in Marist's favor

Naz over Hersey: I think Hersey is a VERY good team, but Naz just being a bit more battle tested will be the key factor as the game goes into the second half. I see a hard earned 2 touchdown W for the Roadrunners

ND over CLS: ND has no excuse not to make the final 4 this year in a very weak 6A (in the north) outside of CG and Phillips. CLS is a good squad, but outside of CG, I don't feel that the Fox Valley was up to its normal standard this year. I actually think the Dons win easily

JCA over Marion: There are two teams in this state where their records don't matter at all when they make the playoffs. The Caravan and the Hilltoppers just seem to have a switch somewhere in their school that says "IHSA Playoffs" and they flip it on in the 3rd week of October. JCA is becoming a freight train headed downhill. Running clock here

Reactions: USD24
Marist
nAz
CLS
JCA

NC keeps it close in a wild and crazy shootout. Their D is what scares me.

Gavin healthy I might go with NND - but they hosed me in week 9 with Gavin sitting out. I will go with CLS until I hear he is back and healthy.
Agreed on all again...CLS starting RB (very good) didnt play a down last week....not did their 4star O Lineman. ND could be in real trouble.

Would be great to see NC beat Marist, but this is the end of the Road and I think Stines swan song.

- Marist wins close one over Nap Central
- Naz gradually pulls away from Hersey
- ND rolls past CLS
- JCA rolls past Marion

Clean sweep for ESCC

I thought i put in my picks last week but i guess maybe i did not. Well ill start in week 2 then and take 0-5 in week 1 i guess. I will take Marist Naz ND JCA. ESCC could have 4 quarter final teams which is MIGHTY impressive.

Busy this week so no description with each pick this week.

8A: Marist over Naperville Central (my toughest pick this week but the Naz win really sticks out to me on how good Marist is)

7A: Naz over Hersey

6A: ND over CLS

5A: JCA over Marion

I'm going to try this again!
Marist over Naperville Central in a close one!
Naz over Hersey by 2TD
CLS over ND this one will be won in the trenches
JCA over Marion. It will be JCA or Hillcrest on the south side of the bracket

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT